Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

Can anyone else confirm that Mando Missiles and ACE are no longer compatible, with serious problems cropping up in AGM guidance and weapon TVs?

It's a shame, really, as the two used to work so well together. I installed MMA because it was recommended in this thread.

ah, so I'm not the only one. Did you try ACE without Mando?

Anyone know why my userconfig isn't working? I updated ACE and edited in my name in the config but I still can't use goggles/earplugs etc.

You must use the "Self Interaction Key" to activate it now :D

We got a more clean hud with this, dont know the layout of your keyboard...But here is the "Print" between "Right Windows" key and "Right Control".

Modules are added to the map using the modules (F7) option.

How would I activate it for the single player campaign or multiplayer?

Thanks

apache FCS dont work boys! although dr eyeballs mfd does woop :)

How would I activate it for the single player campaign or multiplayer?

Thanks

Open every single Campaign mission manually(with a .pbo extractor) and then open every single mission of said campaign in the Editor and place the ACE2 Wound module. Also you'll need to disable the BIS wound module as well. Basically it's not too tough but time consuming. I've never done it before and never heard of anyone taking the time.

Open every single Campaign mission manually(with a .pbo extractor) and then open every single mission of said campaign in the Editor and place the ACE2 Wound module. Also you'll need to disable the BIS wound module as well. Basically it's not too tough but time consuming. I've never done it before and never heard of anyone taking the time.

How would I disable the Bohemia one?

How would I disable the Bohemia one?

I can't help you with that. It may be as simple as deleting the BIS FAS Modules but I have a feeling they activated them via each missions init.sqf or through an FSM file used in each mission.

Unless the creator of the BIS campaign chimes in, or someone else has successfully converted the campaign for ACE2, you'll have to figure it out on your own.

I wish I could provide more help but it's the same answer that's been posted before. Unfortunately I've never heard of anyone making the BIS campaign completely ACE2 compatible.

If you see the modules on the mission then deleting them should suffice, but if you don't then you're in for a mission to find which script activates them and disable that.

Watch out when adding the ACE first aid module to missions, as missions without it generally don't have ACE first aid gear so you will not be able to do any healing in any way unless you specifically add the first aid gear as well.

I was curious, and i guess i could wait and find out for myself in a few days but im an impatient bugger.

As expected ACE probably isnt going to compatible out of the box, as previously stated.

but has anyone tested? ACEX or SM or PLA, In my infitinite wisdom, i would assume as they are just sounds and models, surely they should be compatible?

I was curious, and i guess i could wait and find out for myself in a few days but im an impatient bugger.

As expected ACE probably isnt going to compatible out of the box, as previously stated.

but has anyone tested? ACEX or SM or PLA, In my infitinite wisdom, i would assume as they are just sounds and models, surely they should be compatible?

I think the armor and the different damage systems conflict. I tried it but things didn't seem to work right. Granted I didn't try long but I plan to test it more when I have more time.

Unfortunately I've never heard of anyone making the BIS campaign completely ACE2 compatible.

I think ACE changes too many things for that to be possible, it would require redesigns of the missions themselves. At least last time I forgot I was playing ACE and tried the campaign, with the mission where you start on a forrested hillside and have to move up towards Cherno a tunguska or something will instantly kill everything as you open fire. This does not happen in vanilla (probably due to AI changes). It makes the mission impossible.

You must use the "Self Interaction Key" to activate it now :D

We got a more clean hud with this, dont know the layout of your keyboard...But here is the "Print" between "Right Windows" key and "Right Control".

Greetings All,

I just noticed the 1.07 patch has been released for ARMA 2. I upgraded my steam client and server (I host Zoo's World). After getting the latest ACE build (371), when I try to connect to my ACE server, I get a "Waiting for Host" message. It appears that a few servers have this working. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something special that needs to be done to support the 1.07 patch? I did a quick search but really did not find anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This has probably been asked a million times, but is ACE2 going to be compatible with OA? I'm downloading OA through Steam now.

Please forgive my stupidity, but I can recall an "M1A1 HA" class (without TUSK kit) with US Army markings and crew in the ACE US Army faction. Or did I just imagine that one?

Also, CSAMM doesn't have any ammo?

I have an ask about the upcoming OA Ace Version. I heard that in the ACE2 version are SCARS (The Scars from Roberthammer). Will they be in OA too? Would be cool because there are not much versions and iam still missing an SCAR L with ACOG sight.

Thanks for info :)

I have an ask about the upcoming OA Ace Version. I heard that in the ACE2 version are SCARS (The Scars from Roberthammer). Will they be in OA too? Would be cool because there are not much versions and iam still missing an SCAR L with ACOG sight.

I'd say, if the conversion is successful, everything in ACEX would be included. That's just my guess though. I hope so.

Hey , in ACE2 Scars are not mine , those are original Ace's team same as OA got - OA got same Scars as in ACE - why? Bis buyed those guns and put them in OA ;)

We wanted to release the ACE1 SCARs at this point to 1) allow people without OA to have them and 2) provide more variants than are available in OA.

There was something like 30+ variants in ACE1. I'm not sure if all of them are being ported over but there is an ACOG/Docter version in OA.

Hey , in ACE2 Scars are not mine , those are original Ace's team same as OA got - OA got same Scars as in ACE - why? Bis buyed those guns and put them in OA ;)
Ah, sry i dont see them till now i just heard it. I heard also that the scars were buyed to bis so i though that ace never use them. Sry for making confusion :D

@scubaman3D yes but the acog version is with M203, i dont use M203 i dont play grenader :/

And the Docter scope is not as good as the acog in my mind.

Thanks for Info!

Edited by Clawhammer