Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

hi Xeno,

Can you please post here when you release an update officially..to avoid hotfixes etc..

Thanks

Cross

Can you please post here when you release an update officially..to avoid hotfixes etc..

Uhm, totally forgot that SB left BIF. So yes, update is officially out.

ACE 1.3 RC1 is online.

This will probably become v1.3 Stable, last stable release for ArmA 2.

See you soon in Operation Arrowhead!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3_RC1

Xeno

Uhm, totally forgot that SB left BIF. So yes, update is officially out.

oops, did I miss something ? I just noticed SB's sig has changed into "good night":butbut: ... so he's no more member of the ace-team ?

oops, did I miss something ? I just noticed SB's sig has changed into "good night":butbut: ... so he's no more member of the ace-team ?

He still is. He just left BIF and doesn't show up here anymore. That's all.

Xeno

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to ACE b.373

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively you can click on this link to access KH Repos -> yashttp://www.kellys-heroes.eu/Server.yas

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Hi, im having issues with the six updater being very slow, im getting download rates around 2 kB/s, i take it that isnt normal? is there anything that can be done to improve the speed?

cheers

Xeno

well that...sucks. :(

Thnx for the update guys.

Xeno

Going offtopic now but, its sad to hear that. Just ANOTHER helpful guy - not only in ACE concern, but in the whole forum aswell - that leaves the forum because of the always complaining people that do little or nothing to solve issues.

I expect he keep the good (and always improving) work despite this.

The amount of "complaining" is way down compared to what it used to be, so doubt it was because of that. No matter, Sickboy chose to leave quietly and we should respect that and him. The best way I can think of is to support ACE with good thoughts and feedback during their transition to OA.

It seems Xeno has stepped in as spokesman for ACE. My best wishes to him on taking on a very hard job.

How do you download a release candidate if you are not using an updater? Thanks!

Greyeye

I believe only 1.2 stable has direct dl mirrors.

You can use Yoma's AddonSync and use our ACE Repos to download, or other mirrors here -> http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

Our repo link is in my sig.

Download & Install latest YAS -> http://dev-heaven.net/projects/yoma-addonsync2009/files

double click yashttp://www.kellys-heroes.eu/Server.yas

double click ACE repo

click on download addons tab

check addons and download.

+1 for Evil_Echo's last post.

I'm sad to hear SB left the forums. He's a great fella, top notch. Good luck to you bud!

Thanks for the update guys!

Try adding _Used to the classname of the chemlight - e.g. ACE_Knicklicht_G_Used for a green chem light.

My mistake...

There is a way to attach chemlights to them, to effectively use it?

My best wishes to him on taking on a very hard job.

Haha, not a hard job if you have dealt with much more serious sh*t in your life like your wife allmost died or having a seriously ill daughter. I'm just laughing about those cry babies.

But it allways depends on yourself. Sometimes there is a point where it is simply enough.

Xeno

Going forward will there be 2 parallel versions of ACE? One for Arma2 and one for OA? Or will it somehow be combined (ala combined ops)?

Afaik development for A2 is stopping with 1.3 stable and moving on to OA. However I really really hope that there is support for Combined Operations. I'm sure a lot of people would be rather saddened if you had to pick one or the other moving forward.

@EvenLease It is not at the moment.

A word of warning read the prev pages before asking a questions on this or other BI Fourm threads or you invite being torn to shreds.There are many who have lost all patience over the years with answering the same questions many times when the answer is a page back.

Cheer's ChefD

Could someone varify if the Radar 114L hellfire's on the AH-64 are working in radar mode?I just can't get them to track to target even when locked via MFD target mode or the tab lock.Either manual fire nor the AI.They just go ballistic.Manual laser is fine as human gunner,but as Human pilot commanding the AI, in either radar or laser,the missile won't track to target.Its like it doesn't know there is a guidance system.The 114L model hellfire in radar mode I'm most interested in as you can concentrate on the flying.Im was using both a previous ACE version(371) and a current one(373).neither worked as expected.Am I doing it wrong or is it porked?:confused:

Going forward will there be 2 parallel versions of ACE? One for Arma2 and one for OA? Or will it somehow be combined (ala combined ops)?

Notice how Xeno mentioned last stable release for Arma 2...

Personally I do not see the point supporting both Arrowhead and Arma2, it'll just end up confusing both developers and users. Why? Because ACE2 devs have the means to add both new weapons/vehicles and islands to the mod. Chernarus is nice and all that, but its really the bulk of the difference - most other things that are in Arma2 are in Arrowhead too.

Don't forget how much content is pulled straight from Arma2 that's no longer present in OA.

This new version has corrected the ugly error that LEM made in the Polish version of 1.07.

Thank you ;)

(in short: you had single shot labeled as semi-auto, and now it's even better, because the names were changed into "better" ones)

Don't forget how much content is pulled straight from Arma2 that's no longer present in OA.

A lot of content no longer exist, that's true.

But... and that's the main problem, some OA features don't work with the "old" A2 content anymore or work only with restrictions.

One example, the new OA backpack system... try to use a backpack with a USMC unit. FLIR looks more than ugly with A2 content... and so on.

Xeno

Please forgive me but i am very new to ARMA mods. I have tried several times to get this mod to work. I seem to be missing something. I am using the Steam version and i have followed the directions but i am still unsuccessful.

I was wondering if someone with experience would be so kind as to guide me through the process as i have hit a road block. I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in.

Thank you.

Edited by Petraeus
Fixed the problem ...cant wait to try it.