Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

will there be ACE2 for Operation Arrowhead?

We have not come to a decision yet but it doesn't look good currently.

Don't ask for the reasons, you just have to read the forums here.

Xeno

Xeno

Ouch :( Though, whatever the reason, it must have been a good reason.

i really hope there will be ace2 for OA, cause for me ace2 is the backbone of the hole game, maybe a lite version with the core feature´s, some new features of OA are visibly inspired by ace...

Jeez you guys are dense. Nice troll post Xeno. 10/10. They took it hook line and sinker.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

;1661294']Can we have some confirmation or denial from devs

about the Para nerf??

Is it a bug or did you infact nerf the possible altitude pull?

Nerf? As in make it realistic? Yes' date=' they did that.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10761

wtf :O just thought i would pop in and see how my favorite mod is going and whats this possibly no OA version ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gutted :( o im of to cry now.

1. Calling Xeno a troll is uncalled for.

2. The change to parachute behavior was widely discussed on the ACE ticket system, as a temporary fix pending other better solutions. I don't concider making the rip-cord disappear "realistic", but it's acceptable until the other coding comes along.

3. If ACE is taking a pause to consider their options, that is no reason to panic nor flame them. OA adds many changes and they have to take their time to think it through so ACE continues to be the high-quality enhancement we have enjoyed for so long.

Totaly agree its up to them if they make ACE for OA I was just a little shocked hehehehehehe.

Lets hope they do any way with even more realism than they all ready ass woooot hehehe.

2. The change to parachute behavior was widely discussed on the ACE ticket system, as a temporary fix pending other better solutions. I don't concider making the rip-cord disappear "realistic", but it's acceptable until the other coding comes along.

But the question wasnt if its acceptable.

10 out of 10 times (for me at least), you pull the coord at 400, or 500, or 600, or 800 or whatever meter - it doesnt matter. Pull it at minimum speed or top speed at any altitude, everything will make the rip cord break.

The question is whether we're just idiots doing it wrong (ie ACE is overcomplicating yet again) or if the devs can confirm that its a known/unknown bug.

Ok, I'll check it out this evening.

Thanks guys

Okay, so I played a bit with my cobra and some hellfires. I followed the ACE documentation, and I saw that indeed the gunner seems to target and lock the targets. However, the only information I have about the target is the type and roughly the direction. I can also assume that it has been targeted. Besides that, I don't have better information about the bearing, no information about the distance, I don't have real confirmation of the targeting, I don't know if it has been locked (this one can be pretty annoying), and I don't know if it has been hit. I can get some visual confirmation only if the gunner uses the cannon.

With Mando it seems to go a bit better, although not completely. But I guess this is content for another thread.

have u noticed that the ACE US army units have a variety of headgear that the USMC should have as well? such as all the US Army units have Rhino NVG mounts on the front of their helmets (the little metal arm sticking out), and that some of thier ESS goggles have the tinted lenses? is there someone working on doing this for the Marines as well? because in actuality, most all Marines have these on thier helmets (NVG mounts).

Do you have the ACE2 Wound System Module on your map/mission? The Modules are available by hitting the F7, F8 or one of these keys in the Editor. It needs to be placed on the map in order to be able to heal. Everything should work if it's placed.

I didn't realize the medic system wasn't on by default. Or maybe it is and just was removed by the mission maker of the missions ive been playing. Anyway, what other modules should I use in conjunction with ACE Wound system Module? Also who all on the map do I need to sync the module with. For example I don't want to have to put medical supplies in all of the enemies' gear in order for them to be able to heal themselves. (this would just take to long) So is there a way for them to use the default healing system and for my guys to use the ACE module?

Can anyone else confirm that Mando Missiles and ACE are no longer compatible, with serious problems cropping up in AGM guidance and weapon TVs?

It's a shame, really, as the two used to work so well together. I installed MMA because it was recommended in this thread.

Can anyone else confirm that Mando Missiles and ACE are no longer compatible, with serious problems cropping up in AGM guidance and weapon TVs?

It's a shame, really, as the two used to work so well together. I installed MMA because it was recommended in this thread.

I didn't see any issues but I'll keep my eyes open, and check them again.

yep ACE don´t work for me too, i try it to fix the missing ballistics for rpg´s in OA with it... :(

Edited by thearies

How do I enable different modules in the ace mod? For example on there features page it says forthe wound sytem to wrk I need to make sure the ACE wound module is enabled.

I didn't see any issues but I'll keep my eyes open, and check them again.

Try out the hellfires on the Cobra and Apache, plus the TV Camera for all weapons. Also see if the HUD elements lag at all, and if elements are slow to show up when you toggle it on and off.

I didn't realize the medic system wasn't on by default. Or maybe it is and just was removed by the mission maker of the missions ive been playing. Anyway, what other modules should I use in conjunction with ACE Wound system Module? Also who all on the map do I need to sync the module with. For example I don't want to have to put medical supplies in all of the enemies' gear in order for them to be able to heal themselves. (this would just take to long) So is there a way for them to use the default healing system and for my guys to use the ACE module?

ACE Wound module does not need any syncing. Just put it on the map in the editor and it's done.

You can then write additional variables manually. I'd really recommend actually reading the documentation before asking, since the ACE devs have written the documentation for a reason.

Lastly, ACE Wounds is disabled by default not to break missions not designed to use it.

does ACE2 work with OA out of the box?

Xeno

There's your answer. :(

i have to correct myself, some features of ACE2 working in OA some not, rocket ballistik does not work for resistance, sniper and grenade adjustment completely don´t work, third weapon funktion for rucksack even don´t work. medic modul works... that´s what i found so far

Xeno

I really hope this isn't due to the constant ACE bashing in various threads about addon management. To quote myself:

Keep up the outstanding work guys and remember: haters gonna hate ;)

Anyone know why my userconfig isn't working? I updated ACE and edited in my name in the config but I still can't use goggles/earplugs etc.