Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Cessna Citation, An-2, An-12 and up to C130s and C27Js

This are just theoretic examples right? There is not going to be a Citation or an An-12 together with the MiG-21?

The Sarmat-guys have an AN-12. Maybe hes in contact with them.

Either way, looking at the quality of the other islands I think the island is going to be perfect even without stuff like the MiG-21 or the "Predator", but it definitly gives your releases an immersive touch that you put them together with addons and a backstory.

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101018/p746nohm.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, that was the An-8. Thats the An-12 I meant: http://s7.directupload.net/images/101018/6ibfa2dx.jpg

Edited by Altimeter

No planes included like that, just examples. Everyone can use any additional addons if they want, Mig-21s will be included because they are part of waring sides.

One wow-moment I can describe that happened yesterday: as you probably know "slayers" have a very nice AI thanks to amazing Charon's scripting and programming skillz. They attack you with lasers, throw discs... or slash you apart with the blades. I run out of ammo and locked myself into a pickup. Slayer run up the the pickup and started smashing it... few seconds later he came to the driver's side - smashed window with one hit and cut off my head with the second blow... :o scary shit I tell you...

One wow-moment I can describe that happened yesterday: as you probably know "slayers" have a very nice AI thanks to amazing Charon's scripting and programming skillz. They attack you with lasers, throw discs... or slash you apart with the blades. I run out of ammo and locked myself into a pickup. Slayer run up the the pickup and started smashing it... few seconds later he came to the driver's side - smashed window with one hit and cut off my head with the second blow... :o scary shit I tell you...

Damn :eek:. those even RV3 (Realvitruality 3) support that??? this is going to be really nice and cant you make an video and show us? :D

A third airport is smaller one, on NW part under control of RACS peacekeeping force in FOB Eddie.

I've also heard that there is a suitable unpaved field amidst the jungle on far W side of island, but there is no infrastructure. It is believed smugglers use this strip for shipments of drugs and weapons in and out of the country. A Lingor Army regularly checks the place and puts night roadblocks to the only road leading to this place. But since its on the border with rebel strongpoints, they don't stay in the area for more than couple of hours.

So... we have around 4 runways, but they are mostly suitable for planes like Cessna Citation, An-2, An-12 and up to C130s and C27Js... hopefully that answers your question.

this is exactly what i was hoping you would tell me :)

how many more days to release you think?

he said the 21st was the public beta release a while ago, althoug i havent followed the thread

Well, I guess I'll have to postpone, we've spend numerous hours this week bugfixing and making stuff MP compatible... RPT errors for "missing configs" of default BIS objects is also an annoying process... for example: a single undocumented dedicated server script issue took more 8+ hours of testing & editing... :/

Things that are still WIP and not ready:

- improving satellite images with detailed data (today)

- ILS & Alice AI testing (today)

- mig21s & camos

- interceptor vest for rebels (unable to contact IceWindo for past week or so)

We will still host UGAF/SBP beta-test today (Thursday 21st) and final training for the Powershow event, but it will be a closed one. Since there are ~20 guys already testing, no further beta testers are needed now.

Expect a trailer movie for island & powershow event coming soon.

Edited by IceBreakr

icebreakr if i could just get my hands on the map would be sweet then i can start building missions immediately.

i dont need the rest until you're ready - just the map.

Lightspeed_aust: you got PM ;)

So, there are a lot of folks that just like to use island without units and additional stuff. So I'll release two addons:

Lingor Island v0.99

Included: new buildings, new objects, new jungle/river environment sound, berghoff vegetation, ibr_plants, mondkalb latin buildings.

Lingor Extras v0.99

Included: Mig-21 aircraft in 3 camos (1 unarmed for airshows and formation flying), GAL (Government Army of Lingor) infantry units, ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor) rebel infantry units, Police unit, Local Civilians, Armed Civilians, "Slayers", + a new special unit that will remain a secret until the release)

A pity imho, the great thing with duala is that it comes with some dedicated addons that mission makers can put to use w/o worrying about addon dependencies (especially in MP!). Of course you can expect at least some preparedness from everybody, but we all know how well that works :o

Hi IceBreakr, and all people working on this project,

Are missions and/or campaigns planed with the release? Is it planed for later?

Thanks and congratulations for this great work!

i will be using the units and rebel infantry for this - but i can start mission editing without all of those and add them in when the missions basics are down.

but thanx for pm Icebreakr and will be hanging out for this baby.

I think seperating them would be a good idea for updates, who wants to download the whole thing over again when only the units have been updated or vice versa.

Could the special unit be the Slayer's spaceship? Or something else entirely. Can't wait to have a full on Human vs Predator war :D

Landing Craft is not a mystery anymore I guess :) lets just say its an infantry unit =)

Does the "Landing Craft" (I assume for the predators) have any type of weapons on it?

Lightspeed_aust: you got PM ;)

So, there are a lot of folks that just like to use island without units and additional stuff. So I'll release two addons:

Lingor Island v0.99

Included: new buildings, new objects, new jungle/river environment sound, berghoff vegetation, ibr_plants, mondkalb latin buildings.

Lingor Extras v0.99

Included: Mig-21 aircraft in 3 camos (1 unarmed for airshows and formation flying), GAL (Government Army of Lingor) infantry units, ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor) rebel infantry units, Police unit, Local Civilians, Armed Civilians, "Slayers", + a new special unit that will remain a secret until the release)

Nice to hear!!! :D

Maybe the secret units are the "strangers", something like the Starship Troopers bugs :D

Yeah, I think the PMCs are the guys the Gov of the island hire or something.If I'm not mistaken? :o

That's correct. I'm unable to reach IceWindo for the vests he's working on, hopefully Vilas can help me out with his amazing unit work, as he offered help couple of weeks ago. I need vests for PMC, police troopers and rebels.

Mig-21 project is very close to the final state, new test flight scheduled for the upcoming days (hopefully).

Island is otherwise complete, yesterday I've completed the Presidental Palace compound with the gardens in the back. I think you'll like the town of Maruko with all the residental areas, suburbs, industrial part and ship port. A brand new racetrack is placed near the town and main airport - its the area where the opening ceremony (MP event) will take place.

peoples are suffering too hard^^- release it finally, its ok if its the island only;)

peoples are suffering too hard^^- release it finally, its ok if its the island only;)

I can wait. Let him finish the whole package ;)