Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Man I want a beta of this map :(

Get this guy out of HERE, Hes got LINGOR FEVER!!!!!!

God I really feel the urge to make an op for this map, using it's troops etc...

I hope it get's released soon! :butbut:

Wld427 (Project RACS) did it - Mig-21MF Fishbed is fully operational. Thank you Wld427 for contributing your work & precious time to my island project. Additional addon credits: Kegetys and the rest of the FDF mod for using their aircraft. Textures for original model were done by CSLAII team. Ported by wld427, along with new textures and configs. Additional thanks to Godhammer for ordnance and NZDF_CRASH for config and animating contributions.

Two WIP shots:

mig21_lingor1.jpg

mig21_lingor2.jpg

I have a serious case of LINGOR FEVER, taking broad spectrum antibiotics, not helping much, I need the serum :D:D:D:eek:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hah. Brings back those Falcon 1.0 memories. Got shot by 2 of these while trying to get away from a bombing run. Afterburner & heat seeking missiles = not good. :D

I have a serious case of LINGOR FEVER, taking broad spectrum antibiotics, not helping much, I need the serum :D:D:D:eek:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What you need my friend....is more cowbell!

fyV2cPLuFuA

And therefor Lingor is considered one of my last "big" projects. I just can't afford another 6 months of hard work, pressure and keeping things suffering because of it.

I'll stay within the community, but spend considerable less time working instead of playing. With all the DLCs planned I'll rather give that 5$ and have fun with my guys (SBP Team) and do Coop & TvT on our locked dedicated server. And in cahoot with other teams that are organized in the same way. So expect more missions and less islands ;)

Ice, I hear you. I had to walk away from island (ok its 'terrain' now aint it?) building a while back. Too many hours I spent building, testing, building, testing. Years of my life went into projects like Spearhead, Phuoc Tuy and Meekong. Years... Not minutes, hours and days. Years. I'm dead serious - and I don't think many folks realise how long it takes to build an island and detail it, make it look like the picture in your head.

It became a second job for me, many times I'd come home from a full days work - and sit down in front of the PC and edit islands for as many hours (or more!) again. I thought it was fun and sure, it was - for a while.

I'm a happier camper building missions and playing them with close friends these days. Every now and again, theres a pang of 'wouldn't it be awesome to have a map which....' and I put a stop to that train of thought right there!

Somewhere along the line, I lost sight of why I'd started building islands to begin with - to PLAY ON (aka HAVE FUN). When you end up WORKING exclusively on the project and not PLAYING on it, thats when the tables turn and it becomes harder and harder to keep going. But then you almost feel trapped into continuing - cause you dont wanna let your mates and community members down... Sound familiar???

If this current map never gets released, but you don't get burned out/walk away completely and you stay in the community - we actually all win. We'd miss ya bro!

My 2c worth & all the best, no matter which way you decide to go (the RIGHT thing for you to do is what is best for your own sanity/RL situation);

Paddy (aka Para).

[HC]Para: I couldn't say it better, kudos. Let me just say... announcement of release is very close. Event will be set just hours after the release. Probably around 8:00-9:00pm UK time, during the workin' week.

Edited by IceBreakr

[HC]Para,

I for one d'loaded all your (and ya bro?) work back in ofp times.The time,care and quality put into those worlds were and still are something to learn from.So much so that when i spoke to Opteryx and Icebreaker in a VTE server regarding island building when they first started world building, i urged both fellows to d'load,look and learn from your islands.

Wether or not they got around to doing it doesnt really matter.Your work is held in such regard that it will be something to be learnt from for years to come.

Soz for offtopic Ice.

:)

Years!?

Hmmm. If they can make community build addons why can't island makers?

Is working on an island a process which cannot be seperated amongst several modders?

Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw View Post

I have a serious case of LINGOR FEVER, taking broad spectrum antibiotics, not helping much, I need the serum ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sadly there is no cure... :(

if you do not see/play on this map for real you will die....and there's not a damn thing any of the medical experts can do about it.

And therefor Lingor is considered one of my last "big" projects. I just can't afford another 6 months of hard work, pressure and keeping things suffering because of it.

Well, you can now retire to your castle in all glory, after a job very well done.:cool:

Damn Icebreaker, I'd hate to see you go, there are less and less Terrain builders as time goes on, but In my opinion you have defintely given the community alot of quality Islands and terrain. I still go on OA and see people playing Duala and Panthera, you're maps aren't just a novelty, they last and have a good layout. I'm hoping to start some addon making soon, but I doubt I will ever make anything as good as your maps.

Is working on an island a process which cannot be seperated amongst several modders?

of course it's possible. especially since shezan added mission.sqm export to the world tools. u still need people who talk less and start doing it though.

Hi, it's a sad new for me to see that so good looking island gonna require the OA/CO to run. Let's C ya

Emm... who doesn't own OA/CO yet? :) for god sake, its only around 15-17 pounds... and you spend years playing it + constantly get free content from us, the community?

Hi, it's a sad new for me to see that so good looking island gonna require the OA/CO to run. Let's C ya

Not sad news for the rest of us that SUPPORT BIS :)

Can't wait for this IceBreakr !

a new special unit that will remain a secret until the release)

If it isn't Arnie I'll be sorely dissapointed

:cool: