Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

OA and Combined Operations are both now available on Steam.

Not for me, I only see ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead stand-alone. :confused:

EDIT: Never mind, I see it. You have to go to Operation Arrowhead to see it, as it doesn't have its own search entry. Kind of confusing, really. Thanks for the help guys. :cool:

Yeah, thanks, I got it now. Also, Newegg shows it as in-stock again and I can't cancel my order with them anyway because of some site error. Oh well, if I get it from someone in the next few days I'll be happy.

I ordered "Arma2 : Combined Arms" last night with Next Day Air delivery (for a delivery date of Wednesday this week) and I went back to Amazon today to check on the status of my Order and it says "Shipping Soon". However, when I click on the product I get a message saying there is no such product in the inventory.

Is something just screwy with the Amazon webpage, or is Amazon playing games again?

Thanks!

I just got mine (Arma2 : Combined Arms) from amazon today:) but i ordered it weeks ago. Maybe it will update shortly for you:)

Yeah, I went to order it today and I saw that and I was angry. I hope it comes back.

Edited by Nightrain

Maybe its just sold out for now?

Thats what I thought. But I just checked and Combined operations is there now but the standalone OA is gone! :eek:

like Beagle said, inventory may be getting low, and when stock reaches a certain number the site may automatically pull the item page to avoid backorders, and/or also ensuring that those who preorder receive their copy, late or otherwise.

Amazon's site has been really messed up today, for many people. I'd just give it some time for them to fix the issues with the site.

ok, got mine, installed and played half the tutorials...

everyone said gamestop wouldnt have boxed copies, they told me on the phone the would have OA... they assured me this yesterday before i made a 25 mile drive to get it, i called today to make sure it was in and they said yes... i drove there and it was the combined box, not the standalone i was told... AND THEY HAD ONLY ORDERED ONE DAM COPY... so i bought the thing even though i already had arma 2... nice thing is the combined version is 2 seperate discs with 2 seperate install keys... all i did is pop in the OA disc and go....

so dont count on gamestop being supplied... they might as well call it console stop as the just dont do diddly for pc anymore...

the only problem im having is the boxed version is 1.50, but i see 1.51, 1.52 but i cant connect to any of em...

the only problem im having is the boxed version is 1.50, but i see 1.51, 1.52 but i cant connect to any of em...

The 1.52 patch is posted on the site.

Also, yeah, Gamestop has never been the best for PC games.

I pre-ordered off Sprocket for US$50 only to see that price drop to US$35 straight after release, which doesn't really bother me 'cause I would have paid US$100 and it would have been worth every penny.... err.. cent.

Combat Operations is definitely worth the buy on Steam though. Get OA plus ArmA 2 for an extra $10, then you can gift the ArmA 2 to a friend and get then hooked too.

Gamestop has never been the best for PC games.

That sucks, because they're the only store in my area that will sell the game, now having it in stock, that's another story.

So...let me get this straight. Meridian4 is a game publisher located in Montreal, Canada YET we in canada cannot buy the boxed version anywhere? WTF kinda joke is that and who are those idiots?

I want a boxed version and don't want to download this like I did the previous 2 titles. Does this mean I have to order this and have it shipped to me? Really?

Sorry, end rant.

I am considering getting a boxed copy off Amazon. It says it is marked down from $60 to $47. How long do these 'sales' usually last? If I purchase it in a week from now will it be full price again?

Not a problem with Amazon.de either.

Lol - the UK import is 10 EUR cheaper than the german version - uhm... ?!?! :P

I am disappointed with Play.com myself.

Came home to find no game and an email (well actually 2 identical emails) telling me they had changed the date till 2/7/10

The gits :(

They emailed me this morning to tell me they have already dispatched it, maybe everybody canceling the preorders got them to haul ass a little faster......

So...let me get this straight. Meridian4 is a game publisher located in Montreal, Canada YET we in canada cannot buy the boxed version anywhere? WTF kinda joke is that and who are those idiots?

I want a boxed version and don't want to download this like I did the previous 2 titles. Does this mean I have to order this and have it shipped to me? Really?

Sorry, end rant.

I emailed them for a list of places to buy it if there are any

and to please get someone to post updates in this thread.

Between the publishers and Bohemia's serious lack of promotion

for this game I'm amazed it even still exists at all sometimes.

Just got an email from play.com that my OA copy has been posted even thought I got an email yesterday stating the release date had been changed to the 2nd

Somthing I can't quite grasp is the price differance we are seeing here .....prices between 50$ and (what I have paid £16.99) fair enough there may be some conversion rates there but still..... also how can a downloaded game be more expensive than a solid hard copy of the same thing (when ordered with postage)?

ok, got mine, installed and played half the tutorials...

everyone said gamestop wouldnt have boxed copies, they told me on the phone the would have OA... they assured me this yesterday before i made a 25 mile drive to get it, i called today to make sure it was in and they said yes... i drove there and it was the combined box, not the standalone i was told... AND THEY HAD ONLY ORDERED ONE DAM COPY... so i bought the thing even though i already had arma 2... nice thing is the combined version is 2 seperate discs with 2 seperate install keys... all i did is pop in the OA disc and go....

so dont count on gamestop being supplied... they might as well call it console stop as the just dont do diddly for pc anymore...

THANK YOU!

THis is all I wanted to hear-->2 discs. My GameStop said the same thing and I should be picking it up today. It's nice to know the clerk knew what he was talking about for once...