Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Where and how do you get the ftp information from the log (my docs/sprocket?)

Yes the Sprocket version is also in Italian:

Sprocket OA

many thanks PLACEBO you're very kind, very appreciated, thank you very much

kind regards

Simon

I'd go Sproket. I got ARMA II that way. I like it as all my info is in an e-mail that I can stuff in a folder and always have. No need to worry about losing the key or anything. And I can re-download it if needed.

In the UK here, decided to give sprocket a try and now I'm really regretting it, download's been pretty slow using their downloader and the EU server. About 50% through the download after 10 hours and now the speed has dropped to 50KB/s with an ETA of 18 hours... starting to wish I'd just waited for a boxed copy :(

WTF is up with the UK release? Amazon have let me down.. Play.com have let me down FUUUUUUUU!!!! Anyone got an Idea where I can buy it in London?

WTF is up with the UK release? Amazon have let me down.. Play.com have let me down FUUUUUUUU!!!! Anyone got an Idea where I can buy it in London?

UK release dates for software is almost always on a Friday and this is no exception. To be honest I kinda figured this would happen, which is partly why I pre-ordered from both Sprocket and Amazon. Plus the fact I wanted the printed map this time along with a printed manual.

In the UK here, decided to give sprocket a try and now I'm really regretting it, download's been pretty slow using their downloader and the EU server. About 50% through the download after 10 hours and now the speed has dropped to 50KB/s with an ETA of 18 hours... starting to wish I'd just waited for a boxed copy :(

Check your PM.

Hmm back to amzon then.... Damn... I was gonna book the rest of the wek of work and chill in Takistan...

Is there anybody out there who can tell me if there are two seperate discs in the ARMA 2: Combined Operations package?

I obviously don't need ARMA2, but the only way I can get it this week is to buy the combined operations pak.

I don't want to have to reinstall everything just for the expansion

Has anyone who ordered from Play.com (UK) had their copy dispatched yet?

Spocket is as far as I can see a Terrible solution. The downloader only allowes you to put the files on drive C:. And the download of individual files is way too slow. Don't think they have broadband in eastern europe yet. Sad really...

Play.com (UK) never dispatch items on time and don't be surprised if you receive a set of silver kitchen spoons.

Roll on Friday! :yay:

In a word, no...

I'm not expecting it till friday to be honest...

Cancelled my order from Play today, and currently 40% of my way through downloading from sprocket.

Had a couple of very confusing emails from play.com, so decided to give them the elbow. I'd have probably still been waiting for it to come through next Tuesday...

I have it on order from Play.com and have just received an email that says:

"Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Arma II: Operation Arrowhead

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 02-Jul-2010. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

"

Which means in reality it's going to be next week before my copy arrives.

Does anyone know if a version from Sprocket will be compatible with my boxed ArmaII retail version?

New update from GAME.co.uk:

29/06/2010 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

It's a step forward. If it manages to ship today I might just have it by tomorrow.

Come on GAME old buddy don't let me down!

Edited by Murphe

Spocket is as far as I can see a Terrible solution. The downloader only allowes you to put the files on drive C:. And the download of individual files is way too slow. Don't think they have broadband in eastern europe yet. Sad really...

Advanced users can download the files anywhere they like and can download manually via download managers/FTP to maximise speed, as I've already mentioned elsewhere I downloaded A2 from Sprocket at 10pm last night using Getright and got 1.4mb/s, not my max speed but was fine for me :)

If you're actually downloading OA and having speed problems PM me, otherwise you're just complaining for no apparent reason?

Does anyone know if a version from Sprocket will be compatible with my boxed ArmaII retail version?

Sprocket OA is compatible with all versions of A2 boxed/digital etc.

Dont amazon have combined operations?

Too expensive... from play it's only 37€ if you buy ArmA II and OA separately.

i cant order here in the netherlands yet, the dimensionplus.nl website isnt even updated :S it still gives no price indication or when it iwll be released. I have boxed version of Arma 2. So i dont want digital download. any other online places to order here in holland?

Has anyone order from gamestop US? It still says pre-order 6/29/10. I look on amozon and it says the game is ready for order, and it will be ship by wednesday.