Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Just received my copy of OA from Play UK (pre-ordered) and the dam disc won't even read in the drive. Heard somewhere else on this forum that some early discs are defective. Looks like this is one of them. :j:

Anybody else get this?

I don't think there's been any reports of discs being defective, just that the SecuROM has some occasional, temporary issues. It sounds like you're having one of those. Have you tried leaving the disc in the drive for a while and seeing if it is eventually read? I presume you've also tried simply taking the disc out and then putting it back in? Some people have reported these to make it work, I think, off the top of my head, MadDogX had a similar issue.

Only read that some of the disks from Hungary were iffy, have you tried updating your DVD drive's firmware?

Sure I have tried multiple times to load the disc. But the drive just makes noises like its struggling to read it (possibly not mastered properly? have no idea how secuROM works). The disc is physically OK. And if you haven't guessed other discs works fine in the drive.

InterAction Computers

100 East 1st Street (on the corner of 1st and Lonsdale)

North Vancouver, BC

These guys say they have it on order but say getting copies in Canada is going to take awhile.

InterAction Computers

100 East 1st Street (on the corner of 1st and Lonsdale)

North Vancouver, BC

These guys say they have it on order but say getting copies in Canada is going to take awhile.

So does that Mean U.S. People are going to have to wait also? Didn't BIS use a Canadian Company for the shipping over here? or am I just completly stupid :) :D :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

this website http://www.meridian4.com/games/arma2/index.html said operation arrowhead it's avaible at Wallmart :j: somebody can confirm?

It isn't even listed on their website, Same as Best Buy...Game Stop is Backordered except for the Combined Operations. This is in The U.S.

Canadian stores have zero copies. All the North American copies are in the U.S

I keep seeing July 6 2010 on sites. so maybe theres some large shipment going out shortly.

Bohemia is fond of using usless publishers for some strange reason.

Edited by jblackrupert

Any info about a release in South Africa? Btgames.co.za doesn't have it listed in their pre-orders and they're usually good with listing upcoming games here.

Interesting, i just received an email from e-shop.gr stating that my order for OA hard copy has been cancelled, citing BI problems. I've checked with Amazon.co.uk to see that they too don't have any items in stock.

Interesting, i just received an email from e-shop.gr stating that my order for OA hard copy has been cancelled, citing BI problems. I've checked with Amazon.co.uk to see that they too don't have any items in stock.

Even Gamestop has the standalone listed as "backordered", but currently have CO. Atleast we know the game is selling, which is a plus for BI.

My preorder Gamestop standalone box should arrive any time today.:cool:

i went to a frys up here in north california (roseville) and they had combined operations but not just the standalone. im going to go check at a best buy later today and ill let you guys know what i find.

i went to a frys up here in north california (roseville) and they had combined operations but not just the standalone. im going to go check at a best buy later today and ill let you guys know what i find.

Same here, in Arkansas (fayetteville)...Combined operations but not the standalone, it's a real bummer :(.

A little update, best buy in my area didnt not have OA standalone or combined operations. Frys this time did have standalone OA as well as combined operations as said in earlier posts. It was $39.99 at frys and I bought it :)

I sent a review about arma2 to ebgames and it never got published, I didn't speak of other games or players or use any foul lang etc... and there are ZERO reviews about it anyway,,,,

and now we can't even buy arma 2 OA through EB?

So where in the world can we buy it? And what's the go with EBgames anyway?

Do they have something against arma or aussie games in general?

Seems pretty crap, really... :confused:

if you looked at the very first post in the Sticky...Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?.. you will find they have listed some stores where to get the game...

Boxed versions:

*Australia/NZ: Ezy and Play-asia and CDWow.

Also you could try Gameswarehouse but if you want to walk into a store Maybe JB HIFI . Start looking in about a week.... I recommend the Download version from Sprocket. It was pretty cheap at $36 au... Even if your download limit is small, you must know a mate you could get to download it for you from a mirror site... Then all you need is the key from Sprocket.

Edited by gonk

A little update, best buy in my area didnt not have OA standalone or combined operations. Frys this time did have standalone OA as well as combined operations as said in earlier posts. It was $39.99 at frys and I bought it :)

u said you live in california?...Is Frys like a gamestop type of store?

EDIT:nvm, I looked at the website, It's pretty much a Best Buy eh? :P...Well if the game is finally in the U.S. somewhere...Then it should be at my local Gamestop, or something of the sort in Arkansas don't you think?

Edited by todayskiller

Has anyone who ordered from play-asia received their copy yet?

I didn't mind waiting a bit longer than other people but i'm getting concerned now. They emailed a few days ago to say it won't be released till July (no specific date, just July) and it'll remain a 'pre-order' till that time. But then they added a second version for the Asian region which is shipping out within a week, according to the site...

US - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3ufj.html

Asia - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3vm0-43-99.html

If they've got one, why not the other?

Should i be looking for another source or keep waiting?

Edited by Nokturnal1ne

I was about to buy from Amazon (free shipping and all) when I noticed the other vendor had a similar price... a few dollars more but quicker shipping.

Sometimes these vendors have their own separate store front so... lucky me I looked it up and they had a July 4th special sale.

Shipped today (w/tax/shipping) for $29.90. :yay:

I'm currently eagerly awaiting my copy to arrive from Games Warehouse.

If I hadn't just moved house and still had an internet connection at home, I'd have bought it from Sprocket as well.

Has anyone who ordered from play-asia received their copy yet?

I didn't mind waiting a bit longer than other people but i'm getting concerned now. They emailed a few days ago to say it won't be released till July (no specific date, just July) and it'll remain a 'pre-order' till that time. But then they added a second version for the Asian region which is shipping out within a week, according to the site...

US - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3ufj.html

Asia - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-70-3vm0-43-99.html

If they've got one, why not the other?

Should i be looking for another source or keep waiting?

Mine (asia version) has been shipped from playasia.com... Should be arriving within these few days.

I originally contacted Meridian 4 about who was going to carry the product in stores.

The response at the time was "Wallmart, Canada"

After visiting several Wallmart's in the Toronto area I contacted them again asking "why and who" and got the following response:

"Hi John,

I don’t mind you mentioning that we are the Canadian publisher. We hope to have the digital version up and running on our site this week, and we will need to find a way to get better retail distribution coverage.

Regards,

Andy"

Sounds to me there may be a distribution issue in Canada!

For me I have had way too many issues with "DIGITAL" versions of software and will NEVER do it again. (I own somewhere non-played 2 digital copies of Arma and still ended up purchasing a hard copy)

To Bohemia Interactive, you have one hell of a following>

It seems again that the North American market is having major issues getting your "GREAT GAME" in Hard Copy versions anyhow.

There are no copies in Walmart anywhere in Canada.

I wouldn't waste time going to any store, just call.

Bestbuy is also listed on Meridian4's site but they don't have it listed on their site

and chances are don't have it either in Canada or the US.

Look at the list of games Meridian4 claims to publish and try to find a copy

in a store anywhere.

Meridian4 is probably a couple of guys working out of their garage.

EDIT: I just Google mapped Meridian4 using Street view. Their "Corporate Headquarters" is a house on a residential street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=124+Meridian,+Kirkland,+Quebec,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=61.19447,134.912109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=124+Rue+Meridian,+Kirkland,+Communaut%C3%A9-Urbaine-de-Montr%C3%A9al,+Qu%C3%A9bec+H9H+4A2,+Canada&ll=45.461591,-73.859265&spn=0,0.008234&z=18&layer=c&cbll=45.459966,-73.859039&panoid=1LLeW5MEL2wOvU16jXTDAA&cbp=12,152.64,,0,-15.05

I was right. couple of guys working out of their garage.

Edited by jblackrupert

Well I'm really impatient, and decided to get it off Amazon.com...Couldn't stand waiting any longer lol :)...even though it wont be here till Friday :(

I don't get it, I see some German game sellers raise the price to 55,95 euro for Arrowhead standalone. After release looks like they just sell it high to give that feeling you bought so much for that bit it was used for to sell of a normal 25 to 30 euro.

For some the game is hard to get but why do they just do this with Arma games? Kind of disrespectful I think and the same I think about reviews that don't even make own screen shots but just pre released screen shots, blegh.. and then tell you it's shit with their imagination in the back of there ass hole..:butbut: :confused: