Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

well if OA is that high.. I wonder what they charge for normally 60€ MW2 :rolleyes:

Well it's just some hyped ad, and later when new companies sell it they go off there ad's around and raise it.. :S

Im from australia, it was meant to come out here tommorow the 9th of july no shops i visited late tonight have recieved the stock to sell it tommorow unless they are getting it tomorrow its delayed here again. :(

I saw a games site change their release date from the 9th to the 15th today.

Bis kick some distributors ass for me?

Edited by Killakaze

Goodluck trying to get a copy in Aus , release has been put back to the 15th of this month

Im from australia, it was meant to come out here tommorow the 9th of july no shops i visited late tonight have recieved the stock to sell it tommorow unless they are getting it tomorrow its delayed here again. :(

I saw a games site change their release date from the 9th to the 15th today.

Bis kick some distributors ass for me?

Amazon is the best way if your game is being backordered...(if you want a DVD copy and not a download)...What I ended up doing, and my copy will be here tomorrow :).

Goodluck trying to get a copy in Aus , release has been put back to the 15th of this month

Who'd you hear that from?

One of the staff in jb-hifi showed me the info on the stores computer this morning , ive also phoned most pc gaming stores aswell and they all say the same thing " its been put back to the 15th "

One of the staff in jb-hifi showed me the info on the stores computer this morning , ive also phoned most pc gaming stores aswell and they all say the same thing " its been put back to the 15th "

I got told the same thing

I got told the same thing

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:mad::mad::mad:

I swear this country is the most god aweful backwards country technology wise sometimes!:mad:

Stuff it, I'm just gonna get the game off sprocket and tell the Aussie distributor to shove it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:mad::mad::mad:

I swear this country is the most god aweful backwards country technology wise sometimes!:mad:

Stuff it, I'm just gonna get the game off sprocket and tell the Aussie distributor to shove it.

Yep we are backwards with things like games and the internet

Just to top it off my TPG internet is slow as the last 4 days as it is for most

Id'e take forever just to download updates, mods etc for OA, so i'm just letting it rest till 15th.

my d/l speed is 0.41Mbps on ADSL2+ lol when it is normally 11Mbps

I'm downloading at 0.05MB/sec max atm LOL

Edited by vasmkd

Sure I have tried multiple times to load the disc. But the drive just makes noises like its struggling to read it (possibly not mastered properly? have no idea how secuROM works). The disc is physically OK. And if you haven't guessed other discs works fine in the drive.

Did you manage to get the disc working? I am having the same problems.

Same story in Belgium. Arrowhead was supposed to be released today and availible in the shops (well so far i only found one shop that will have it), but after a phone call they told it wasn't in yet. No new date set yet.....

No news about Combined Operations package aswell.

I'm temped to buy it online just to f**k the publishers.

Sprocket will welcome you with open arms ;)

CANADA UPATE

Got a reply from Merdian4 finally after CC'ing Idea-games asking for a response.

===========================================================

Hi,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. At this time we have secured an order with Wal*Mart Canada for this product. It is our understanding that WM has not placed on store shelves yet, but should in the coming days.(WM will not list a product on their web site unless it is available in all of their stores) If you are unable to find a copy locally I would suggest you also try Amazon as they have units available as well. Best Buy Canada has stated they are going to stock the game, however we have not received their order as of yet, so we cannot ship to them.

EB Games is not taking much in the way of PC games, they passed on this title. Couldn’t hurt if you went to them and complained. It seems most gamers check EB before any other chain. We find it unacceptable that a chain that specializes in video games turns away from PC titles.

Should you experience the worst luck and be unable to find Arrowhead anywhere, we will gladly ship to you from our offices in Montreal. We accept PayPal, Interac money transfers and money orders.

Thank you for your support!

Andy Sher

CEO

Meridian4

www.meridian4.com

==============================================================

Canadians wanting to buy a DVD copy in an actual store are likely going to be waiting another 2-3 weeks I'm guessing just like we did with Arma 2.

Meridian4 is operating out of a house in Montreal and Got Game operates from a P.O box.

I challenge you to find any of Merdian4's catalog of games on store shelves.

Meridian4 has even stated in an interview that their just happy to "break even" on sales... Whaaat? Not exactly a business you should be dealing with.

Bohemia. Find a REAL publisher!

Edited by jblackrupert

Sprocket will welcome you with open arms

Well lets hope Lukas sticks to his words then ;)

Sprocket Combined Operations is downloading as we speak.

Man I can not find this game in ANY store near me.

I've checked all 3 Gamestops nearby, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, other local game stores. I looked on the internet and the closest store that I've seen that has Arma 2 is over 2 hours away and there's no way in heck I'd go 2 hours. I wouldn't even go if it was 30 minutes away, no sense in it. And I can't download it because it would literally take me like 3 or 4 days.

Edited by ebevan91

GAMESTOP, the outlet as described as being one of 2 (including Amazon.com, an online reseller) within a 100 mile radius of the Florida zip code 32091 doesn't even know it's the Distributor for Operation Arrowhead. I had been searching ( Ie, driving and calling multiple GmaeStops and EB Games (as well as Wall-Mart''s and Best Buy's) with no luck until last night. I had to drive 50 miles to Orange Park, Florida, to pick up my physical copy of Operation Arrowhead.

Dear Bis, Gamestop is not doing your business any favors :(

I think the reason is that most retailers flood their stores with console games because they know that they will sell millions of more console games than PC games. Everything I go to a store to buy a game, when I ask them for the game, they ask "for Xbox 360 or PS3?", and I say PC, and they are like "Oh...ok, we only have 3 or 4 copies though, you're lucky."

Read the email from Meridian4 I posted above.

According to Merdian4 (North American publisher in Montreal, Canada)

- Bestbuy is interested in the game but has not placed an order for it.

- Walmart ordered Arrowhead but has not put it on store shelves. (I personally think this is bull from Meridian4)

- EBGames is not interested in carrying Arrowhead.

I've spoken to several stores and distributers who say they can't get copies at all

Meridian 4 does not make any real effort to respond to emails. you have to go through

Idea games to get them to respond.

Meridian4 is a completely useless publisher being run out of a house by a couple of guys

virtually all of the titles they claim to publish are not available in stores at all and are just junk nobody buys anyways.

Even Got game (who operates from a P.O Box) were better then Meridian4.

Edited by jblackrupert

It is rediculous how hard it is to find Operation Arrowhead, i've searched all of my local stores which do sometimes have ArmA 2 but i couldn't find Operation Arrowhead.

Here is a tip for Bohemia, if you want to get more sales around the world, can you leave Meridan4 out of it! They are hopeless useless bastards and they all need to get a new job, Maybe at a counter in McDonalds.

I don't know if i'll be able to get OA because i have never seen the Retailers Ezy or CDWoW or play-asia anywhere and they don't have a store locater, which makes it pretty impossible to get a boxed version, unless EBgames or JB-HIFI gets it, which i should note they have a few copies of regular ArmA 2, and i can't download it because it will take like 48 hours to finish and use up my internet. I was really looking forward to getting OA, but it looks like it's going to be a while, if ever.:protest::protest::rage::aa::mad2:

EDIT:

I wonder if BI realises that they have ruined the chance of getting alot of new customers by making OA so rare that they will just give up, i think that BI's key to more customers is a far better Publisher.

Edited by Militantsausage

It is rediculous how hard it is to find Operation Arrowhead, i've searched all of my local stores which do sometimes have ArmA 2 but i couldn't find Operation Arrowhead.

I think the release day for Australia has been pushed back to July 15

Thats the date I've been seeing on sites and on forums.

Apparently one store in my area does have either Arma 2 or OA, not both. I want both but can't find both. I want Combined Operations the most. I might have to get it from Newegg.

I went to gamestop here in ireland midlands and they didnt even no what i was talking about. Allso tried in dublin "game" and they only had 2 copies that went out last week and had none on order ?

Ended up ordering online play.com

The PC future is digital, box sells mostly for console kids now.

The PC future is digital, box sells mostly for console kids now.

Yeah but there's people like me who only have a 1.5 down/.75 up and can only download at like 150kb/s which sucks because anything over a gigabyte takes over two hours. Imagine downloading 15-20GB for a game.