Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hmmm , this is getting confusing :(

Plebo pointed me to this thread for release details

But I cant see anything on first post that details the most

up to date release date ..........

Or was I supposed to trawl through 53 pages in this thread to find the answer ?

You can download the Sprocket version right now :whistle: ;)

If I could send BIS a check for $40 and download it through Steam I would. Unfortunately, if I want it on Steam (which I do), I will have to buy it through Steam. :j:

All about preferences, and mine are for a Steam version.

Hmmm , this is getting confusing :(

Plebo pointed me to this thread for release details

But I cant see anything on first post that details the most

up to date release date ..........

Or was I supposed to trawl through 53 pages in this thread to find the answer ?

look at the FAQ in blue letters... or the mini-QA... in Placebo's posts.

play.com has arrowhead apparently in stock usually dispatched 24 hours at this moment

Cancelled my amazon one.... ordered on play.... damn i get everything off amazon.. how dissapointing..

Cancelled my amazon one.... ordered on play.... damn i get everything off amazon.. how dissapointing..

Be sure to post if they actually despatch it immediately or not please.

Thinking of doing the same thing actually.

What Delivery Estimate did they give you? no point in ordering from them if its going to arrive 5 days after despatch :yay:

After looking through alot of the posted OA vids i have to say im looking forward to the better AI this time around in arma 2, i couldnt stand the xray vision 2 mile accuracy of regular ai riflemen.. many of the current OA vids show them being quite close and still unaware of your exact location.. looks more realistic and "fun"...

I had to give up on arma 2 due to performance issues even though i had a 3ghz dual core, gtx280/gig ram, 4 gigs system ram and a 700 watt supply and still couldnt get 20fps no matter what settings... i have high hopes for OA

I'll be waiting for the boxed version this time though at gamestop which i was told today on the phone probably wont be in till wednesday the 30th...

After looking through alot of the posted OA vids i have to say im looking forward to the better AI this time around in arma 2

The bad AI you talk about is almost always a mission design issue.

Could be but seemed i never saw any good missions then but only played a month or two when it released due to the poor performance as stated.

however, back to the ai, i did do some testing in the editor and placed myself as a sniper on a mountain, and a small squad of guys way way out in front of me for target practice and i just kept moving them farther away to see how far they could detect me after even just one shot from me...

it got to the point that even through the sniper scope, aiming like 4 or 5 dots up due to the extreme distance they were away, the squad would locate me immediately and start popping off shots that would in fact hit me from such an absurd distance... it was at that point i was ready to give up.

Im really looking forward to oa :D

I will be waiting until I can can a boxed retail copy, I have never purchased any game online and I dont plan to.

Dam, I ordered from Gamestop 11 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. There is probably no way I'm going to buy the downloaded version, because that would take days to just finish. Just noticed it's been backordered :(

Marine,I think you have it wrong.From what I understand from their website it will ship on the 29th.

When i talked to the local gamestop by phone today they told me it would ship from the warehouse on the 29th but probably wouldnt be on the shelf till the following day, wed the 30th.... so im stuck till wednesday after work unless i call in sick, cough cough.....

I did the download when arma 2 came out but want a disc this time and an extra day wont kill me and give me a chance to read about all the bugs here first so im not dissapointed soon as a fire it up...

Wingtip,I was told that it will not be sold in store.This is from Gamestop website and also when I walked in to the actual store.

Ended up buying it from Sproket with no issues, DL eta 2hrs, cant wait. Thanks to BIS for continued support of the PC community!

Note to those who are going to buy from Gamestop, when i called my local shop earlier i was told that you need to preorder it to make sure the store gets a copy. He said as of now they were NOT planning on getting any at their location. Surely not the same for all stores, but for some of the smaller market stores this seems to be the case.

Edited by Sniper101-2

Hello, I live in Canada, and I called EB Games/Game stop and they say they have no records of it being able for pre-order. The origional Arma 2 came to Canada, but was a few days late from other countries release. Please help!

well i just called them back and they are telling me it will be so they better not dissapoint me cause i have to drive 25 miles to get it.. but he did say they didnt order that many of them..

Bought Arma2 off of Steam, bought ARMA2 & OA - Combined Operations box off Amazon.