Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hmm and I was thinking about canceling my amazon order and getting it from spocket.....

sprocket servers seem to be highly overloaded . cant even get to the download page yet

had the dl manager running for about 45 mins before it conected, but got a desent dl speed, @ about 330 Kb\s from sprocket, nice

now, if it hadnint been for all that coffie in my blood, i might actualy hace gone to bed now...... lol

Does anyone have any idea why amazon uk have pushed their release date to 2 july? Amazon.de and .com are still on for 29 June. Is it a distribution problem?

No mate as stated before, the official release date is july 2nd in UK

No mate as stated before, the official release date is july 2nd in UK

Strange that amazon UK didn't know about this until today, and play.com still don't seem to know. Has it been published anywhere that the official UK release date is different to the rest of Europe?

I might check with my local hmv and see if they are getting it in and pick it up on Friday.

Edited by stun

HMV etc have all stated they will sell it next friday not tuesday. This pretty much confirmed that the release date is next friday.

Their has never been a game where the online retailers sell the game in the correct official release date whilst the same game cant be bought in the shops and delayed for a couple of days.

it just doesnt make sense at all.

If the release date is the 29th then it will be in the shops as well UNLESS its a digital DLC with no boxed version available

The official world wide release date is the 29th, it only varies by the fact that certain countries release new titles on certain days, in the UK games get released on Fridays thus 2nd July, in the US games get released on Tuesdays thus it's the 29th.

So will this be available on Direct2Drive on the 29th?

The official world wide release date is the 29th, it only varies by the fact that certain countries release new titles on certain days, in the UK games get released on Fridays thus 2nd July, in the US games get released on Tuesdays thus it's the 29th.

So at midnight on the 29th my already purchased copy from Gamersgate should be available because I live in the U.S.?

Ah ffs, blahdvd still says it will ship 29th, I'll see If they wont do it Monday, I will order Digital...

Downloaded, installed, but cant play because its not 29th yet. However, I still think that BIS should allow us(who already downloaded via Sprocket and similiar sites) to play SP(SinglePlayer), and yes, because Germans can.

what annoys me is amazon uk replied to my email saying they can only release on the date the supplier allows them... which if bis says is 29th why do i get mine on the bloody 4-5th of July ? shall cancel that pre-order and get it from GAME on the 2nd.

Downloaded, installed, but cant play because its not 29th yet. However, I still think that BIS should allow us(who already downloaded via Sprocket and similiar sites) to play SP(SinglePlayer), and yes, because Germans can.

I'm downloading the setup.exe at 11Kb/s, only 182 more hours to go!

I'm downloading the setup.exe at 11Kb/s, only 182 more hours to go!

I'm downloading setup.exe @ 5.5kb/s with 1day 7 hours remaining :(

Theres still so many more files for me to download! At this rate I'm thinking it would have been quicker to wait and buy disc but I want to support BI :)

At this rate I'm thinking it would have been quicker to wait and buy disc but I want to support BI

How cute. :o

7b/s...284 hour... going to take more than two days to get... oh well...I'd guess I will be getting it from steam instead in 2 days 15 hours..

Just hit 50% done with 3 hours to go . hard part is now waiting the two days with it on my computer waiting to be activated.

I wish Gamersgate would let me download this thing:mad:.

It takes a good day for the file to arrive. Now I guess I can't activate the downlaod until the 29th?

Don't get from Gamersgate unless you want to downlaod the game all day on the 29th.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Well it took me like 25 minutes to load the download page from Sprocket. But once i got the download going, it went at around 600 Kb/s. I got it in a little over 3 hours, installed already, cant wait to play it.

will there be a boxed version of combined operations in play.com etc? or is it just sprocket download?

What is the difference between the US boxed version with the Asia boxed version?

One is with an american flag as background while the other do not.

Asia box set is cheaper as well

Edit: (apparently they are the same price... just that if you are ordering from playasia.com then the US box is more expensive.)

Edited by Muahaha

Gogamer.com in the US has it listed for 15% off, shipping is flat rate of $2.99

http://www.gogamer.com/Arma-2--Operation-Arrowhead-for-PC-Front-Page_stcVVproductId108894934VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

who doesn't love the smell of opening a new software box?

Steam version needs to kick off with a discount otherwise it'll get lost in their "summer super sale".

There have been some games released mid week here in he UK such has GTA4 if i can remember

There have been some games released mid week here in he UK such has GTA4 if i can remember

It's probably just the publisher's decision

Make a $100 million budget game waited for by gamers and non gamers alike and I'm pretty sure you could release it on a bank holiday and still kill in sales