Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

So, is it safe to say that
:p

Haha, I prefer to do it while drinking a cup of coffee. :D

One is with an american flag as background while the other do not.

Asia box set is cheaper as well

Edit: (apparently they are the same price... just that if you are ordering from playasia.com then the US box is more expensive.)

Thanks ;)

Boxed version.

I did it with ArmA 2 so I might as well do it with the expansion.

Boxed version, no doubt, I have to wait more for it but it's worth, can also be used as part of the collection.:p

i would say get it from Sprocket ...

that's our service and we get more money than from any other one

boxed retail copy all the way. i've got nothing against Steam, but i only use it for games that require it (Steamworks).

i'm not a fan of digital purchases and don't like the thought of my games being tied to an online account, and being dependent on an internet connection that is essentially out of my hands.

plus, a retail copy usually costs me less than a digital one would, and comes with disc, packaging, printed manual, and sometimes additional goodies.

i would say get it from Sprocket ...

that's our service and we get more money than from any other one

Dwarden, you may want to free up some bandwidth - So far it has taken me like 20 minutes to access the site, create my account and go through checkout, still haven't reached the stage where I put in my payment details :p

Edited by Sethos

And in Poland OA will be released on 23rd....NEXT MONTH!! Goddamnit BIS, why did you picked LEM?

Okay, opted for Sprocket Idea instead - Actually downloading at almost 2mb/s, sweet.

Okay, opted for Sprocket Idea instead - Actually downloading at almost 2mb/s, sweet.

i'm get 13kb/s. not so bloody sweet.

Like I said... No shipping from blahdvd today, so I canceled it and bought Sprocket instead now need to w8 while it downloads it :P

Did any UK shop actually confirm the delivery (or at least shipping) for this week?

Did any UK shop actually confirm the delivery (or at least shipping) for this week?

Yes they confirmed it will be released on friday

Sweet, Got the DL running! Everyone else stay off until I get it DL'd! ;)

Downloaded OA from sprocket with full speed, and no errors or anything :)

just saw the price on sproket. € 29.90?

fuck that lol thats a bit ovepriced especially when you convert that to Pounds :(

just saw the price on sproket. € 29.90?

fuck that lol thats a bit ovepriced especially when you convert that to Pounds :(

Yeah.... Its nearly half the price of a night out with the lads!:j:

[sarcasm switch off]

You can have 2 nights out with the lads in Poland :P

some of you make me wonder; you welcome paid DLC with open arms without even knowing what it entails just to "support the developers", yet you refuse to pay a normal, justified retail price for a standalone expansion.

me, i've preordered a retail copy of the German version which will be shipped tomorrow, if not today already. costs me almost 37 euros in my country. how's that for supporting the devs?

some of you make me wonder; you welcome paid DLC with open arms without even knowing what it entails just to "support the developers", yet you refuse to pay a normal, justified retail price for a standalone expansion.

Nah, it's just jonney. He's "special". :rolleyes:

Well, by buying the sprocket version and also the boxed version from Amazon, BIS get a good return and I get both the printed map and hopefully a printed manual in the boxed version. So I call that a win win situation!

if you downloading from sprocket notice there are multiple mirrors, try use FTP one

boxed retail copy all the way. i've got nothing against Steam, but i only use it for games that require it (Steamworks).

i'm not a fan of digital purchases and don't like the thought of my games being tied to an online account, and being dependent on an internet connection that is essentially out of my hands.

plus, a retail copy usually costs me less than a digital one would, and comes with disc, packaging, printed manual, and sometimes additional goodies.

steam made a update with most steam games now and steam is not required anymore to run with arma2. I have arma2 on steam and I just click a shortcut because I have ace and some mods running. Pretty much steam is just a download server and gives you a key. Some games are different though.