Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Why are you playing BIS games?

All it took was the demo and I was hooked.

Yep, for me it was the OFP demo that came on a magazine disk back ...... a very long time ago !

Knew straight away it was something very special.

Welcome to our disease guys ;)

Mmm ... yes, as someone pointed out above, BIS spared me an enormous amount of money for I didn't check other games after I played OFP in 2001/2002 but did indeed before! What a hell of money would have been wasted! ;-)

It's close to an 10-year-anniversary now!?

Edited by Herbal Influence

play arma?.. i haven't been out of the editor in almost 10 years:p

Everything, the terrain, the size of the map, variety of vehicles, editor, modding capabilities, community and the possibilities..OPF/Arma 1/2 are like drugs, you'll be addicted for years.

Edited by NodUnit

because it lets you do most anything you'd expect in combat theater. plus bis keep improving every part of it and support their community.

an unbeatable combination!

Because it's the only game where you can create almost any scenario you would like and the freedom to play it how you want.Besides this although the engine is limited in some areas,in other ones it's the most versatile one I've ever seen.

The most important factor it feeds my big ego,to have my own army.:p

No rts or other games gave me this feeling like Opf and Arma series did.

because it lets you do most anything you'd expect in combat theater. plus bis keep improving every part of it and support their community.

an unbeatable combination!

Perfect. I love it. ;:)

Why are you playing BIS games?

cause they are the best modable and i can play whatever i want - from Dinosaurs, to angry rabbits, Rambo mod, 1864... etc.

i loved OFP mods from different era

because i can put there army of my country, i can do my neighborhood (island making is possible)

and also BIS games are mil-sim-like

and beautiful open landscape to roam :)

mods, addons - for me are main reason why BIS games are best and only one

except them i spend time in RTCW from time to time (god mode, playing with 999 panzerfausts endlessly)

The 3d Editor on ArmA2 Got me to play the game

I always thought it was a Stupid RTS that no one play's.

Turned out it was an awesome Military simulator.

'Cos I know that whatever I hear and see in the game is the most accurate representation possible. Distant AA guns are music to my ears. Mortars detonating in the distance is one of the most haunting sounds I have ever heard. :D It's as close to real life as I'll probably ever get.

That's why I play.

I play it for mods. If it weren't for mods, around 75% of the community would be gone.

If it weren't for the community, 75% of the mods would be gone. And the cycle continues.

I play BIS games because there's nothing else like them. I have ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead and JCOVE Lite, and I dont play many other 'games' on my PC except these. :cool:

I agree with Xero, theres nothing else like BIS games.

Congrats to BIS for improving there one of kind games and not producing another generic you vs the world FPS.

I play BIS games because there's nothing else like them.

True, the ArmA Series is the only military simulator for the average realism Joe.

I started on OFP back when it first came out. The CWC campaign was indeed amazing. Then out came the Red Hammer expansion pack with the new campaign, not the best campaign, but still playable. Then came Resistance, which was totally awesome. The campaign was the best for OFP, then CWC, then RH.

Later down the road, browsing the web I came across a demo for ArmA 1, I downloaded it and found it was from the same people who made OFP, it was only released under a different name due to legal issues. I was amazed with the TrackIR functionality. Then I got the full game. I absolutely LOVED ArmA 1, about as much as I loved OFP, except the campaign was not the best. I finished it and finished all single missions. I also bought Queen's Gambit.

Later on, ArmA 2 came out. I first bought the german version, then bought it on Steam. I then hear about Operation Arrowhead, which came along with quite a few new features long-time fans like myself wanted. I picked that up on release day. I got all the DLC for Operation Arrowhead and plan to buy any future DLC that is available.

I love BIS as they are the BEST game developers around. Better than all the big shots you all know. Smaller companies are always the best as they seem to actually care what their fans and players want. I'll always support BIS.

I'm a long time OFP player and picked up Arma II recently. There's really no other games quite like them, combining realism with amazing versatility. BIS are a great studio, no doubt. To take a risk on a massive undertaking like OFP or ARMA when the temptation these days to produce some sort of CoD knock-off is huge, to shrug off being dropped by Codemasters and just go your own way... that takes more balls than I have ;). So few other devs make so much effort to engage with the players and I can't think of anyone else apart from maybe Blizzard who support their games for so long and so closely. I like the way you can scale the difficulty of the game to match your mood and ability. The modding community is the icing on the cake - a combination of BIS being open and allowing so many parts of the game to be adjusted by mod makers, and the biggest and best organised bunch of modders I've ever seen. So - a studio that deserves the greatest respect for the way they do business, some stone-cold classic games and an amazing community of players. What's not to like?

Ade

Because there's always something you haven't done in ofp/arma/2

:rolleyes: possibilities are endless...

Mainly, because BIS seems not to be so fucking greedy and disgusting as many other gaming companies, such as Electronic Arts and Codemasters.

only reason i put up with it is because the alternative are terrible cod clones.

Ive been playing the Arma series, waiting for CM to bring out Red river.:p

I'm playing Arma 2 series, cause there are no warfare analogs. Flashpoint is not analog (it's like Call of Duty or OFP).

The modifying possibilities and versatility, community and the simulative contiguity has kept me playing OFP for years. Armed Assault isn't bad either and ArmA II just proved it times two.

Long live BIS!

Flashpoint is not analog (it's like Call of Duty or OFP).

Wtf ? If by "Flashpoint" you mean FP: DR from CM, it's absolutely not comparable to OFP.