Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Can you just confirm - I am not entitled to create a new thread with regards to Project Reality Development, and it will all remain in this one thread ?

You sound cocky and arrogant, but as said, you do not have any special rights.

- -

Anyway, I got to say that the concept seems interesting, also the mod seems kinda organised and the first thing I am going to do, is to compare your wounding

system with the ACE one, because I am always keen to say how such things are solved.

Although I do not know which one would be more realistic.

I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion so I am going to make mine. I will make every effort to keep it civilised and not make a scene. I simply want someone to explain this.

While the idea of creating a mod that uses all of the British equipment currently in service or being developed is a fantastic idea (being British) i do not understand the following and maybe the dev's can help?

1) ArmA2 is, while capable of PVP is designed for COOP based gaming. Why has PR decided to implement there mod for PVP only?

2) Don't you think its a little unfair to develop a mod that is going to be PVP only leaving the guys who enjoy COOP out in the cold?

My opinion on this is that your trying to change a game of which (approx) 75% of its players, play COOP. BF2:PR (being PVP already by design) fair enough, when your own engine gets released fair does BUT what gives you the right to say "You cant use this mod because you don't want to play PVP?"

Over the years i have come to learn that the great thing about the arma modding community is that you can use any mod for any kind of mission regardless of it being PvP or COOP.

Surely I cant be the only one with these opinions?

1. What makes you think the new content won't be usable for co-op also? Not saying it will but I certainly don't know how they would prevent it.

2. It may come as a surprise but not every mod is designed with your wants in mind.

Which is why they're pretty much trying to breathe life into the PvP scene, COOP just gets old unless new missions and mods are pumped out constantly, PvP is a different experience every match.

Which is why they're pretty much trying to breathe life into the PvP scene, COOP just gets old unless new missions and mods are pumped out constantly, PvP is a different experience every match.

That is only if the mission designed is very bad and forces the player to do certain things during the mission(IE: Putting a minefield around the AO where the only way in is through the most obvious route of approach. coughxenocough)

I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion so I am going to make mine. I will make every effort to keep it civilised and not make a scene. I simply want someone to explain this.

While the idea of creating a mod that uses all of the British equipment currently in service or being developed is a fantastic idea (being British) i do not understand the following and maybe the dev's can help?

1) ArmA2 is, while capable of PVP is designed for COOP based gaming. Why has PR decided to implement there mod for PVP only?

2) Don't you think its a little unfair to develop a mod that is going to be PVP only leaving the guys who enjoy COOP out in the cold?

My opinion on this is that your trying to change a game of which (approx) 75% of its players, play COOP. BF2:PR (being PVP already by design) fair enough, when your own engine gets released fair does BUT what gives you the right to say "You cant use this mod because you don't want to play PVP?"

Over the years i have come to learn that the great thing about the arma modding community is that you can use any mod for any kind of mission regardless of it being PvP or COOP.

Hmm, i'm sure you're not the only one with those opinions, I'm guessing there's a higher proportion of newbies on these forums with the PR announcement (including me ;) ).

My take on this is that people seem to be finding things to feel threatened by, not helped by the larger proportion of PR players on the forum. The PR development is not hostile, and I'm sure the entire community will gain from another bunch of modders on the scene. The PvP move, I would guess, is because it was what PR:bf2 was always based on, and I don't seem any harm in trying to bring some love to that aspect of Arma2. Yet it won't be mix 'n' match, but it should still bring some new ideas.

"You cant use this mod because you don't want to play PVP?" - Well they are creating the mod, and what harm is done. You gain some experienced modders, you gain players, and you can still play co-op with the current mods.

It might not seem as open as the community around here, I guess that's where things differ, but having a single unified mod panders to a wider audience and makes it a bit more friendly to outsiders.

hmm, to me this statement sounded a little ironic. (i'll get my coat)

I've never been more embarrassed to be a part of a community. Since making their initial announcement, the PR team has been treated like crap and harassed by an ungrateful community. What is wrong with you people. Don't let my profile fool you, I have been around since 2001. This is not the community that is was in the days of BAS and WGL. Where is the positive reinforcement? We all love ACE, we respect it and know what an outstanding job the ACE team has done. THIS IS NOT ACE! Give it a rest with the comparisons already. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not welcoming these guys with open arms and supporting them 100%. These guys are working hard to give us more stuff to play with FOR FREE!

@PR Team

There are plenty of us out there who support you all the way. There are plenty of us who appreciate the time and effort you are putting in to give us more toys to play with. Please accept my apology on behalf of those of us who are not ungrateful. The treatment you have received in these forums is ridiculous and uncalled for. Good luck with your mod and I wish you the best.

(..)

Similar thoughts over here... guys, you could atleast be polite enough to wait with the ranting until there's a first public release.

And you're no moderator here, so please stop acting as you were one.

I'm really excited about the PR mod. I always wanted a good balanced PvP for ArmA.

ArmA is mostly coop because it simply does not have any good PvP missions. Lots of ppl are waiting for your release. We all hope you'll bring something new to Arma. Good luck!

In ArmA 2 you can use mods in any way you want, just select PR vehicles and soldiers and create any mission you want.

Edited by USSRsniper

I really hope the terrain of your new island(s) will be more suitable for PvP. Currently most islands suffer from being mostly about either sniping (if you have a scope) or pixel-hunting (if you don't) due to how "open" the terrain is and how little cover it provides.

As for the medical system, though, is that really what you see as "realism"? While I can understand "revives" from a gameplay perspective, it makes absolutely no sense from a realism perspective. Sure treating and evacuating wounded soldiers to reduce the score penalty caused by their death is one thing and actually has some connection to reality (that is, IRL you'd treat and evacuate them though I'm not sure how that would weigh against other "score-granting" actions). However, bringing someone back to "combat-capable" is just out of the question when it comes to realism. If you lost so much blood that you can't stand up you're probably not going to shoot anyone either.

If the medical system is more of a gameplay thing than a realism thing then you may want to list it as such, as currently it doesn't look good when you list an unrealistic feature (at least with its current description) as a realistic one.

I was also wondering why you're focusing so much on units and other things that are difficult to implement rather than getting the core gameplay up and running first. After all, from balance/feedback perspective that is the most important part.

Don't misunderstand me, I really do want this to succeed and agree that Arma 2 doesn't get to be played much in PvP mostly because good PvP missions (as well as good areas to play PvP missions in) are currently practically non-existent and those that get developed don't get played enough to be brought to the point where they're actually good enough quality to play seriously and/or publicly.

Last thing: Any chance for the PR team to have any cooperation with the ACE team? After all, there are quite a few things (specifically the realism-boosting elements) that you/they are trying to do that both teams would probably want to have in their mod.

Good luck.

Edited by galzohar

Two threads merged together :)

Maybe if the updated news from UK_forces were to be added to the original post it would be more noticeable.

I have not followed much debate. when this mod will be released in a few words? :j:

bye

I have not followed much debate. when this mod will be released in a few words? :j:

bye

June/July.

Quick and honest question, why are you duplicating features and mods already in the community? I'm not sure if your aware of the redundancy with multiple mods in the arma community, but your going to lose people if all your doign is duplicating efforts.

EG:

Weight system

Radio Mod

Ambient Civilians

AAS (Advance and Secure)

Medical/Wounding System

Stamina System

All these are currently available, and im sure whoever made them would be happy to assist you by lending you the functions. Big issue with the radio equipment, why create a separate system from one thats there that is already a sort of community standard?

Have a look at what the community use's already otherwise your going to get people not wanting to use PR when they already have ACE, it will just be a new map with game modes.

I don't know how "exclusive" some of these features are seeing as they are already available, perhaps in a different form, but still...internals look good at least!

Edited by cm.

Quick and honest question, why are you duplicating features and mods already in the community? I'm not sure if your aware of the redundancy with multiple mods in the arma community, but your going to lose people if all your doign is duplicating efforts.

EG:

Weight system

Radio Mod

Ambient Civilians

AAS (Advance and Secure)

Medical/Wounding System

Stamina System

All these are currently available, and im sure whoever made them would be happy to assist you by lending you the functions. Big issue with the radio equipment, why create a separate system from one thats there that is already a sort of community standard?

Have a look at what the community use's already otherwise your going to get people not wanting to use PR when they already have ACE, it will just be a new map with game modes.

i think why not..... in arma there are alway many different mods for one thing. At the moment we have 3-4 mods for artillery, many mods for an Medical/ Wounding system .... Thats arma and thats why many people like it. Everyone can make whatever they want, and everyone can play what they want.

And a modding team can decide for itself what they will use.. an existing mod or make an new.

Greetings

i think why not..... in arma there are alway many different mods for one thing. At the moment we have 3-4 mods for artillery, many mods for an Medical/ Wounding system .... Thats arma and thats why many people like it. Everyone can make whatever they want, and everyone can play what they want.

And a modding team can decide for itself what they will use.. an existing mod or make an new.

Greetings

Well said.

Some of the detractors of PR seem to want to have things both ways - they champion the open nature of ArmA 2 modding, but then turn around and say PR should be using established methods and mods rather than doing it their own way.

Agreed, there are already different wounding and bleeding systems out there. There is the BIS one, the ACE one, SLX has it's own, GL4 has bleeding.

How about if you don't have anything good or constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

Myself and the team would like to thank you all for your time, however we simply feel this Forum is not working for us, in a number of ways.

If I am honest - its kind of disappointing.

Project Reality will therefore not be posting in here any more, if you have specific questions, feel free to visit our site, where there is an active community developing, and our team will answer any questions.

To the ones that do support Project Reality, I hope you take the time to visit us, as like I say we have a decent mature community of our own there.

Regards

UKF

Edited by Craig.Turner

How about if you don't have anything good or constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

Amen.

Great update. I really hope you won't mind the attitude of some bear here.

I've been playing Ofp since 2001, join the online community in 2004 when my town got the ADSL, and back then many servers if not most were running on PVP games.

Something I really miss, since the release of Arma. So thank you, looking forward for the release.

Edited by dunedain

Sorry to hear that UK_Force, though I'm not surprised

Rest assured that many of us have found the response of some of the members here disgraceful. The complete arrogance of telling a mod team what they should be doing is mind blowing. And suggesting that if you don't you are in some way wounding the community leaves me speechless and more than a little angry.

Some people on here seriously need to lose the sense of entitlement and get some perspective.

Understandable, but there is people here who enjoy and respect modders' work...

Even if personnaly I regularly check the Pr forum, some here may like to see some updates coming on this thread.. :(

Edited by dunedain