Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Just to show you the kind of excellent work the PR modellers can do for BF2, have a look at these comparisons of the Challenger 2.

PR

[im]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3333/untitledhc8.png[/img]>100kb

EA

[ig]http://www.bf-games.net/images/bf2/fahrzeuge/ef/challenger.jpg[/img]>100kb

Although that might just be EA being lazy again:o

I know it's not really relevant, but it does make you think how good it is that people (I do mean the whole mod community here) do this quality of work for free yet a multi-million dollar company spends 10 minutes looking at Google images then just draws something looking remarkably like a fat T-72.

Edited by Placebo

Watch your filesizes please.

Don't try to compare the work from really dedicated people with people who are only doing what they have to do or told to do.

Btw will there be some ingame scenes of upcoming Arma2 PR Mod? I would like to see some nice places and how new stuff and features work. No need for a movie trailer just some real ingame-takes. :)

Edited by NoRailgunner
typo

Don't try to compare the work from really dedicated people with people who are only doing what they have to do or told to do.

Btw will there be some ingame scenes of upcoming Arma2 PR Mod? I would like to see some nice places and how new stuff and features work. No need for a movie trailer just some real ingame-takes. :)

My point is they're paid to do it:p

My point is they're paid to do it:p

Production artists have a tighter deadline and have to operate within the constraints of technology as it was when BF2 was being developed. You'll notice the texture size is very different. I'm sure the BF2 artist didn't choose his schedule or technical limitations.

Nice comparison... the EA challenger actually looks like it already served in WWII.

Well they don't call it Project REALITY for nothing..

Bonus is that some of the PRM crew actually are active serving members of the armed forces so can sneak pics of actual equipment for modeling. :)

Did you try reading the first post? More at www.realitymod.com

i want to tray the 0.1 betaaaaaaaa :pet13:

i want to tray the 0.1 betaaaaaaaa :pet13:

We all do but spamming the thread won't help make it happen ;)

CBA aside, any plans to ask if you can put the mod through SIX Updater? It would be great to keep that as a standard for mods distribution.

agreed, but by god your going to get a whipping for that lol.

looking forward to what you guys churn out.

+1

I use SixUpdater really much its a very nice and easy to use tool :)

I wish there where more Mods and Islands (all)... available

And to the Mod: I'm really looking forward to this :) And great News with that Immersion Mod :)

CBA aside, any plans to ask if you can put the mod through SIX Updater? It would be great to keep that as a standard for mods distribution.

No offence, but Six updater really isn't the most user friendly interface nor generally the best of tools.

Anyhow, this mod seems interesting. Apprehensively looking towards it.

Six Updater is actually pretty simple (download > sync > select mods > download & use) anyways, Hope to see this mod grow to the strenght it has grown in BF2. :)

Ahh, all the factions and stuff, this'll prob turn one of the "must have" mods

I'd actually rather this was a simple one-shot installer/mod folder.

I'd actually rather this was a simple one-shot installer/mod folder.

the truth is that this mod might update alot after first release, that would mean downloading and installing patches all the time, some updater program would be very handy (I dont care if its six updater or somethin they made)

niallo: nor generally the best of tools

The tool is great for its purpose. That no one can deny. Its either download the whole mod everytime some bugs are fixed or use a program like Six that downloads only the affected PBO's wich goes much faster. So the tool is good, but could be easier on those who dont have time to learn. I dont want to discuss this here just had to correct you there saying its not a good tool.

Sorry for OT.

the truth is that this mod might update alot after first release, that would mean downloading and installing patches all the time, some updater program would be very handy (I dont care if its six updater or somethin they made)

My main concern is the headache Six Updater caused with updating and servers and players going out of sync every few days. I can imagine that being even more of an issue with such a PvP friendly focus. I'd rather see updates going on behind closed doors and a new download/patch every few months. Much less disruptive and confusing.

If they are aiming PR to be as user friendly as possible, download and install, then that would not be such a good idea.

They would be better sticking to the tried and trusted method that everybody is used to. I am not against six updater, just as long as it isn't released on the updater exclusively.

My main concern is the headache Six Updater caused with updating and servers and players going out of sync every few days. I can imagine that being even more of an issue with such a PvP friendly focus. I'd rather see updates going on behind closed doors and a new download/patch every few months. Much less disruptive and confusing.

Agreed.

Let's hope this thread doesn't go OT because six updater has been mentioned. PR has already had one thread disaster.

Last OT: Six Updater is really easy... If you can Install a tool (everyone can this) and Surf on a Website - thats all what to do. Start SixUpdater with Double-Click. Then you choose your Profile and Click on Install & Update on a Website - thats it. Very very Easy and for the beginning really great with many Updates ;)

They seem to like the method they use for BF2 PR releases. All that is required is for you to download and double click on the installer. Far simpler. Why screw with a winning formula?