Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Well, id like to say, we have flags in PR, or AAS, which stands for Assault and secure, so it follows a set of objectives or flags, that needs to be capped in a specific order, for either side to win.

Then there is CnC or Command and Control i belive, which is build one fob, or smt, defend it, and try to find the enemy Fob and destroy it.

Then there is? eeee.

Well i guess there is different versions of AAS, like Infantry layer, Standard layer which is like all the "Mappers" general stuff assets.

Then there is alternative, which probably alot more assets ie veichles ofc.

We have something called veichle mode, which is tanks only i belive, tanking in PR is just epic, although im more of a infantry whore, it is just something about driving in formation with a 70 ton main battle tank shooting 120 mm rounds at targets at 500-2000 m :D

Lastly we have Insurgency, wich i think is known here, we try to find the insurgents cache as bluefor, and the enemy set up ambushes Ieds and suciide bombs etc.

But ofc, this is not what The devs are planning for PR arma2 , its more what already exists in the PR mod of BF2.

For, me what PR is all about is communication (VOIP) Teamwork. But i remember talking with a friend about PR, and he said something that really caught the essense of it, it was the cinematic feel of fighting with enemies that just grabs your attention, and you somehow fall inlove.

Anything from a fullfledged air assault on a chinese island, to a mechanized move on enemies in russian teritorry. Running away from bombs, calling airstrikes, and its the voip for me that just makes it all belivable, the ability to share the excperience to others.

Sorry, im really one of those Diehard PR fans, i get "caught" in the act quite often, and ARMA 2 is just so shiny, so i easily dream myself away hehe:P

I sorta gave up on ArmA2 MP quit a while ago for a number of reasons but being an old PRM player , if the essence of the mod remains the same as "that other game that shall not be mentioned" 's version ;), well , count me in.

After seeing what some imaginative coding could do to that other engine , what could possibly be achieved with ArmA2 is mind boggling. :cool:

Looking forward to the initial release.

As you have mentioned that PR will run independantly from all other mods.

Will PR run as a mod folder or will you be making wholesale changes to the game?

there is a lot of grass and trees, it doesn't look like afghanistan does it!!!

I'd like to again show my appreciation for what your doing here, and im very happy to see you come to ARMA and make the PvP hotter. Even I, a notorious coop guy, feel this will be something i'd like to get down and busy with. Seeing the names on board this project and knowing what you've done before tells me you got it all under control. Best of luck to you finalizing this project. :thumb:

EDIT: How will bug reporting work? Any place in mind already where they can be done? (Sorry if i missed that info).

Edited by Alex72

Welcome once again, looking forward new gamemodes, the new units/vehicles/island and other stuff you will be implementing.

For all those who wonder what PR gameplay is like, I recommend to watch the gameplay vids in Dbzao's youtube channel, keep in mind that it will of course be a little bit different in the vr3 engine.

I think I speak for alot of mainly SP players who are ready to break out into MP once this comes out. In my own experience I've always had a tough time finding a room with good PVP in which players actually care about the objective rather then points or being sociopathic rambos.

I'm the type of player that doesn't mind a chain of command even if my job is simply to move supplies around as long as the whole team is on the same page -it's rewarding.

Best O' luck to you guys!

Well, id like to say, we have flags in PR, or AAS, which stands for Assault and secure, so it follows a set of objectives or flags, that needs to be capped in a specific order, for either side to win.

Then there is CnC or Command and Control i belive, which is build one fob, or smt, defend it, and try to find the enemy Fob and destroy it.

Then there is? eeee.

Well i guess there is different versions of AAS, like Infantry layer, Standard layer which is like all the "Mappers" general stuff assets.

Then there is alternative, which probably alot more assets ie veichles ofc.

We have something called veichle mode, which is tanks only i belive, tanking in PR is just epic, although im more of a infantry whore, it is just something about driving in formation with a 70 ton main battle tank shooting 120 mm rounds at targets at 500-2000 m :D

Lastly we have Insurgency, wich i think is known here, we try to find the insurgents cache as bluefor, and the enemy set up ambushes Ieds and suciide bombs etc.

But ofc, this is not what The devs are planning for PR arma2 , its more what already exists in the PR mod of BF2.

For, me what PR is all about is communication (VOIP) Teamwork. But i remember talking with a friend about PR, and he said something that really caught the essense of it, it was the cinematic feel of fighting with enemies that just grabs your attention, and you somehow fall inlove.

Anything from a fullfledged air assault on a chinese island, to a mechanized move on enemies in russian teritorry. Running away from bombs, calling airstrikes, and its the voip for me that just makes it all belivable, the ability to share the excperience to others.

Sorry, im really one of those Diehard PR fans, i get "caught" in the act quite often, and ARMA 2 is just so shiny, so i easily dream myself away hehe:P

There's a version of AAS mission already running on ArmA2 servers that you might want to check out :)

There's also the Devastation mission which is going to serve, from what I've read, as a base for A2:PR, that you can test, though I don't know if many servers are running it, AAS is more popular

I think I speak for alot of mainly SP players who are ready to break out into MP once this comes out. In my own experience I've always had a tough time finding a room with good PVP in which players actually care about the objective rather then points or being sociopathic rambos.

I'm the type of player that doesn't mind a chain of command even if my job is simply to move supplies around as long as the whole team is on the same page -it's rewarding.

Best O' luck to you guys!

If some of the PR players from bf2 play on the Arma 2 servers and PR creates the same strict teamplay rules that are present in bf's PR then you can rest easy.

Because Chernarus is, as the name suggests, a European setting. Plus the map is horribly laggy for some people.

Why dont you use the Arma 2 default map and save your time then? with a bit of desert spots around? in fact I think thats whats happening anyway looking at the trailer
Now let's try this again, posts from some people in the last thread were nothing short of disgraceful.

1. If you have nothing positive to say about this mod then do not post in this thread, modders/mod teams should be supported, this is a community forum, you understand community?

Also please don't quote images.

@raizjames

Engage your brain. They've already started on the map, why waste it? Afghanistan is so vast it deserves many maps. More certainly won't hurt.

The map has already a huge amount of work on it no point on deleting and removing it i guess some people dont event try to imagine how much work it is to make a 10km map.

Welcome to all.

This may be a very nice complement to Operation Arrowhead.

Aaaah. This is much better.

I'm looking forward to checking out your work, PR-team. I've heard a lot about BF2: PR and I've seen some neat videos. It will be interesting to see what you can come up with in this engine!

Welcome Aboard guys look forward to your units, and all the other good things you can bring to the commumity :)

Looking forward to this. MP is a mess as is. I think this will prove to be a much deeper base to work with than BF. Can't wait.

Best of luck in your new project and welcome to Arma.

Regards padu

This is by far the best piece of gaming news i have heard in a very long time :)

Good work PR DEVS !

PR + ARMA2 sounds like a dream come true for me and a pile of other people. Can't wait to have my choice of easy to join PR servers full of like minded players.

It could save ARMA MP for me........ :bounce3:

Best of luck with the mod and thank you, thank you, thank you!