Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

nope... no error message... but yes I did use the beta patch uninstaller.

ugh. reinstall?

-k

yes, I'm sorry, but reinstalling the complete game seems to be the only solution. I did run the beta uninstaller too (after patching 1.5, but prior to installing the new beta) and so I've lost the AH64 and the EW campaign...

So I was forced to reinstall and repatch the game from new, which took me at least an hour or something... :|

I guess I will never run a beta-uninstaller ever again and from now on just delete the beta folder manually if necessary. That was really an unneccesary exercice, but what the heck, a man's got to do, what a man's got to do... hehe :D

yes, I'm sorry, but reinstalling the complete game seems to be the only solution. I did run the beta uninstaller too (after patching 1.5, but prior to installing the new beta) and so I've lost the AH64 and the EW campaign...

So I was forced to reinstall and repatch the game from new, which took me at least an hour or something... :|

I guess I will never run a beta-uninstaller ever again and from now on just delete the beta folder manually if necessary. That was really an unneccesary exercice, but what the heck, a man's got to do, what a man's got to do... hehe :D

Yeah, here it worked flawlessly with simply deleting the old beta-folder instead.

And I feared to lose the ah-64, but no, it's there. :)

I don't get it why BI changed the simply way beta-patching worked before: I always only had to start the new patch and everything was fine ... :o

Another thing i noticed while in the editor is that the C130 is very easy to turn while taxiing to the runway now :)

This serious problems the new beta brought aren't something we need to be thankful. Of course it's declared beta, that means it's not perfect and we do some testing, but that shouldn't make us repair the installation of the game. For me, I hadn't time to play (and test) the new beta since it was out, because nothing worked here anymore.

At least a little sorry, an explanation how to repair the mess the uninstall left behind, that would be something to make me not angry.

And there are still people here praising god bis cause they fear no longer to get their new betas for a ArmA2 if they were a little more critical.

The beta is usually the better version of the game with sometimes one/some new features that might not be 100% perfect. If you can you should definatelly use the betas unless they break something big time ofcourse.

The problem with the uninstaller is not a big thing as most people usually delete the beta folder by hand wich is the fastest way to do it - it is after all an "addon" wich can be used on the side. Your normal official game stays the same with its normal launch icon. And since installing a beta takes no more than a few seconds its well worth an install. :)

The new beta feels very good and it fixed a serious problem we all had with weapon sounds that had a spatial problem (turned your head and the weapon sounds were stuck to the ear you heard it on). ;)

In for the beta testing. Thanks BIS for the continuation of the beta's.

My two personal bug-fix wishes:

- More performance with the ability to select drawdistance of trees. That could give me back the 60141 performance.

- Less clunky player movement. The player and his weapon collision with the world is wrong, the player's collision cone is too big.

*edit* aargh.. Receiving bug during my first game with the beta. A simple mission using vanilla Arma2.

Edited by zeep

fps's on chernogorsk are more consistent i believe,

even in the campaign its much, much bether now.

i think it has something to do with relics from dynamic building destruction..??

Cannot confirm this, unfortunately. Framerate in Chernogorsk is still as bad as before on my end. Hoping for improvements though. :o

Thanks BIS. Works great. Had the issue with the beta folder, no issue really, just deleted it out of hand.. Kind of like reflexively restarting Win95 to fix an issue, lol.

Back to blowing stuff up.

i mean no strange textures popping up or white faces... and fps stays around 22 all time now

Actually, now that you mention it, framerates do seem more stable. Not increased, but less fluctuating. :)

yes thats wat i ment... :)

great patch so far,

only i notice my team m8's are walking trough walls now..

dont know if they did that bevore....

GO IM COVERING - still rearing its ugly head just as much as ever. It really turns me off single player. I know i can reduce the radio volume or use a mod to turn off the voices but i like to hear something! This is so annoying, really wrecks any immersion.

GO IM COVERING - still rearing its ugly head just as much as ever. It really turns me off single player. I know i can reduce the radio volume or use a mod to turn off the voices but i like to hear something! This is so annoying, really wrecks any immersion.

I don't see that this is in any way relevant to anything in the latest changelog. This is a not a place for you to bleat about your pet peeves, if people abuse the ability to provide direct feedback on the current patch beta we will surely lose it.

I don't see that this is in any way relevant to anything in the latest changelog. This is a not a place for you to bleat about your pet peeves, if people abuse the ability to provide direct feedback on the current patch beta we will surely lose it.

They broke it in an recent beta patch so yes it belongs here!

And thats not even the worst part(i have the radio comm off with ACE anyway), the most annoying part his that they hardly respond on your orders when they are in "GO IM COVERING" mode, you can order them into a car and they often spent half the war running around the car before finally entering it(at this point your prolly dead by age). If you order a medic to heal someone the same happens.... REALLY REALLY annoying!

Are they doing drugs? [62533] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

[62532] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

Do you get an error message on game startup?

I had the "missing addon AH64D" after patching (using beta uninstaller first wich fudged me up) and i had to reintall the whole game + 1.05 patch + beta.

me too and it's a pain in the ass

Yeah, thanks for the continuing Beta patching BIS, but some warning/disclaimer of what could happen if you run the beta uninstaller would be nice...

You know, since the prog is called "Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta" and not "Uninstall_EWCampaign_and_AH64D"...

There is no need to uninstall these beta patches, just delete the BETA folder is sufficient then install the next one.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with vanilla ArmA or something that I'm running, but whenever I run beta patches and get into a large firefight, at some point an error message will pop up with something about "AI [blah blah] ab_suppress [blah blah]" (I don't remember exactly what the message is). Is anyone else getting that?

I personally never use the uninstall exe with a different version number written on it, as that may delete something aint suppose to, this is some basic thing started since ARMA1 beta patch day, dunno why people still using them after major change

I'm not sure if this is a problem with vanilla ArmA or something that I'm running, but whenever I run beta patches and get into a large firefight, at some point an error message will pop up with something about "AI [blah blah] ab_suppress [blah blah]" (I don't remember exactly what the message is). Is anyone else getting that?

Thats a problem with this mod not the beta:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92226

I personally never use the uninstall exe with a different version number written on it, as that may delete something aint suppose to, this is some basic thing started since ARMA1 beta patch day, dunno why people still using them after major change

Well it says it's a beta patch uninstaller and the beta is installed as a mod so how should anybody know it would screw up the entire game! And why is it included then :confused:

I have been running the uninstaller on previous beta patches without any problems!

Edited by JW Custom

AI still stuck in "Danger" mode.

If ANY enemy AI is "known" by the AI squad members they keep bounding and covering.

Took 5 min to load everybody into a vehicle because one AI was last seen way off behind a building and alive. Have to kill ALL AI to get them to move. Even after leaving the immediate area they still act like AI is around.

Single player is nearly unplayable.