Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

And somebody might turn the volume control into an exploit by using it to hear players further away than they should? Given the risk to their ear-drums when every other channel is in use, I don't really see this as a major concern compared to maximizing VON usefulness.

not covered by VON slider are direct channel

plus certain situation while inside vehicle where You hear direct commucation not the distant radio

these are affected by Radio slider instead

[69782]

Volume distortion problems are back!!!!

I have tried with two different driver versions. Win7 X-fi xtremegamer.

http://www.filefront.com/16285645/a2soundbug.wmv/

Forget it. Might have been a problem on my end but I changed to old old drivers and problem is fixed.

Edited by Dead3yez

This latest patch (69782) is excelent. I already mentioned that performance is great but much more I am impressed of the improved AI. Finally the group commanding is working good again and game is playable even with ACE2 mod in single player. Group members dont stuck anymore. They respond for enemy fire but follow the leader quick again. Maybe there could still be a command for a total withdraw where AI wouldnt stop and look back at all but the game is already amazing great. Thx. :)

Currently there is only few AI bugs, I really like to see fixed:

1. AI unit can easily become immobile when it switches to pistol (especially when prone position). This bug is a extremely bad for complex mission creating.

2. When player is injured and leadership is given to AI, it can command group to board in a vehicle what they used a long time ago (I dont think there is any possibility where AI group would receive any advantage by boarding a vehicle while player is injured)

New Beta is up: 70313

But no updated changelog, any information about it?

changelog covers only worth to mention changes

so even if there is build w/o changelog entries it still have purpose ;)

just live with it ...

Using 69782 I played throught my last half (or so) part of a custom SP campaign. I would still be able to get completely messed up formation direction. But now when I ordered some "all, get back to formation", they would stick to that direction istead of going back again afterwards. Previously they would only temporarily go to the correct formation direction, and when they got there, they would get back to the wrong formation direction.

So, I guess it's a step in the right direction. But it still causes headaches. Because during a halt and if you're not aware that the formation is messed up, the AI will scan completely wrong directions, and are highly reluctant to "Watch that (pointed at) direction". I didn't notice it, but I also assume (guess I noticed after all, since I got a screenshot, lol) "enemy man, ahead of you" still can mean "behind you". And if you give them a "move to" order, they will stop and again watch the wrong direction.

In one case, my "line" formation was backwards - everyone was looking behind us when we stopped. In another, during a fairly long walk, my "staggered column" was extending forward in a 45° angle to the left of me. AND, for once I remembered to grab screenshots from it. So here they are (linked due to only 4 images allowed, but small):

01_wrong_dir_and_report_moving

02_reorganizing_after_stop

03_fully_reorganized

04_regroup_order_given

05_reorganized_after_regroup_all_well

Note that we've been running for a few hundred meters , which should be more than enough for formationDirection to 'catch up'. This is a bug I'm constantly experiencing, except when I'm actually trying to provoke it to happen. And in the first picture "Unknown man, far, front", was actually back to the right of us, since that was the formation direction.

SAP clutter and sthud addon used here, but this has been these since the demo, with or without any kind of addon.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Is it save to use the beta's own uninstall again?

Not quite sure what you are asking here, but if you mean "Is it safe to use the betas and then uninstall them again?" then the answer is yes. All you have to do to uninstall the beta is delete the "beta" folder in your ArmA2 directory.

Totally unsafe. Do NOT use the uninstaller. Just delete the folder and if you feel you need to, remove the shortcut(s).

Care to elaborate why the betabuild uninstallers are "Totally unsafe"?

I did that, and it got rid of EW and the AH64D for instance...

Now I can't play online unless I reinstall everything, because standard patch tells me it's already installed...

Care to elaborate why the betabuild uninstallers are "Totally unsafe"?

For some reason the uninstaller removes stuff from plain 1.05 (and maybe even earlier) as if trying to reset the game to some early version of ArmA2 as far as file setup goes.

Very strange did some testing some time ago but only the beta folder got deleted like it should. Everything else is there are you sure that this is not a myth? Or is this issue related to Steam release? :confused:

Maybe they've fixed the beta patch uninstaller in that case? Tried to play a mission with an Apache in it / see if the EW campaign works?

Well, that's some good news at least! Really nice if it's really fixed :)

Which is why i asked if the beta uninstaller was safe to use again. :)

I read all the reports of missing files with the earlier beta's, so i just deleted the beta folder every time a new one was out.

Hi guys!

Just an FYI - since this patch was applied I now get the terrain in a regular square around me disappearing - like some strange and mystical cavern :-P

In addition, when it does this, the terrain around it goes an odd colour in different 'beams' - like you get through the NVG's when a car is driving along and you can see the lights lighting up the road at night...

Cheers!

Which is why i asked if the beta uninstaller was safe to use again. :)

I read all the reports of missing files with the earlier beta's, so i just deleted the beta folder every time a new one was out.

Still probably the most safe way to uninstall a beta is to simply delete the folder.

It may work now, but what if they upgrade and release a new beta.

Got screwed over by the uninstaller once in Arma times, never used it again...