Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

Luhgnut;1566236']AI still stuck in "Danger" mode.

If ANY enemy AI is "known" by the AI squad members they keep bounding and covering.

Took 5 min to load everybody into a vehicle because one AI was last seen way off behind a building and alive. Have to kill ALL AI to get them to move. Even after leaving the immediate area they still act like AI is around.

Single player is nearly unplayable.

I presume you have tried ordering them to safe mode and disengage.

In one of my campaign missions you have to quickly escape from 30 enemies closing on your position from all directions very close and using those too i managed to get them follow me nicely keeping formation.

Luhgnut;1566236']Took 5 min to load everybody into a vehicle because one AI was last seen way off behind a building and alive. Have to kill ALL AI to get them to move. Even after leaving the immediate area they still act like AI is around.

Lol absolutely the same here.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Now please fix:

-AI take ages to perform actions like Heal' date=' Get in, Regroup and many more. [/quote']

x2, that would be nice.

Edited by thales100

It's been hell for me trying to make missions because of the AI constantly going into Danger mode without me being able to stop them, no matter if I order them to stand up, hold fire, disengage, and put them in Safe mode. Nothing I do can get them to stop. And then I have the other AI squads working around me who I can't control and end up just being an annoyance.

I really think that this "auto-Danger" thing should be removed. It's very, very annoying.

Signed.This is annoying me since the 1.4 BetaPatches, didnt tried out the new one yet. There should be an option to not let them go in danger mode or otherwise remove it. Also because we need Zippers awesome mission !;-)

100% agree to remove this annoying auto-danger "feature" or BIS should implement an working option to override such AI features.

Still wonder if BIS devs really tested and played A2 with the latest patch? Such things are noticeable by simply placing AI units/groups in the editor or using default A2 missions...

Are devs only looking at the AI code-matrix and don't see the game anymore? :cool:

I confirm this bug also.It has broken a couple of missions and have caused headaches in others.

I would also like to see the bug where Mg bursts are not heard in full over distance.An Mg will fire a 9 rnd burst but at a short distance only, 1 of every 3 shots is being triggered(approx).

Sound issues are reported. All of them werent fixed into this latest patch however. Hoping next one will take care of weapon vol the same over distance, and weapon speed of sound bug.

And the auto danger on AI's hopefully go back to normal again. It was a good idea, but doesnt really work out that well. :)

The idea of changing the AI was a crappy one. It should not have been touched. Whoever thought it was a good direction to go should be removed from the Beta testing process.

They're simply experimenting to see what works best, as BIS has always done. It's their "thing". :p However, I think it should be reverted to the state it was in before the auto-Danger mode was introduced. It was almost perfect back then.

Luhgnut;1566236']AI still stuck in "Danger" mode.

If ANY enemy AI is "known" by the AI squad members they keep bounding and covering.

Took 5 min to load everybody into a vehicle because one AI was last seen way off behind a building and alive. Have to kill ALL AI to get them to move. Even after leaving the immediate area they still act like AI is around.

Yeah it's freaking annoying!

Now please fix:

-AI take ages to perform actions like Heal' date=' Get in, Regroup and many more. I think this bug/annoyance was introduced with:

[b'][60718] Changed: AI now goes to Combat behaviour automatically only when under fire, not when player is prone.[/b]

-AI often shoot friendlies in the back, not caring if they there any friendlies in line of fire.

-AI shoots while doing animation like standup which results in bullets flying everywhere also in the heads of friendlies :p

please read a few pages earlier. In short: you used the uninstaller, which is borked, now you have to reinstall completely. :(

I had an issue with 'sticky' sounds and some distortion today when I have never experienced it before. Interestingly I had just installed some drivers and software for a bluetooth headset. Suspecting it may be the cause I uninstalled it and the sound issues went away.

Something to think about for those of you with sound issues.

Yes, the sound issues are definitely still there, they just take much more frequent and louder noises to occur. It's odd how this occurs in ArmA II but never occurred for me in ArmA. (In OFP I had a very shitty soundcard that caused many issues, so I can't talk about that.)

The RPM keeps always displaying the maximum regardless of the operation of the throttle.

When is this bug corrected?

They're simply experimenting to see what works best, as BIS has always done. It's their "thing". :p However, I think it should be reverted to the state it was in before the auto-Danger mode was introduced. It was almost perfect back then.

Agreed. I thaught it was a good idea to test it but clearly it doesnt work out that well.

Im really missing the ability to send my guys around even during fights or break off half of the squad to move around and flank. Nothing works - all just stuck. Even if theres 1 AI hiding behind a hill 300 meters away.

Hope to see the old back where leaders were leaders. :)

The RPM keeps always displaying the maximum regardless of the operation of the throttle.

When is this bug corrected?

Dunno what RPM is ... :o

But it reminded me of my need to see somewhere when flying an air vehicle at what intensity the throttle is put.

Just listening doesn't do it for me.

As a practical result of that missing feature - I do switch engine simply off - shortly before landing .... :rolleyes:

I like the fact that when under attack units automatically go into combat mode. I think it would help if this mode wasn't triggered until the units were directly under fire though. For me the problem with how this is implemented and not the idea itself. I would rather that when a human is the leader they are able to issue an order to override this default behaviour.

I think the problem is that they are assigning behaviour using the outdated method that was used with ofp and A1 and feels too scripted and not dynamic enough. When coming under fire I would like units take cover, or hit the dirt. If the commander orders the units to move they should keep low (the crouching run introduced in A2) and move as quickly as possible to their destination utilising available cover. I would rather that the use of bounding over-watch should be explicitly ordered by the commander and not attached to the combat behaviour.

Edited by stun

I like the fact that when under attack units automatically go into combat mode. I think it would help if this mode wasn't triggered until the units were directly under fire though. For me the problem with how this is implemented and not the idea itself. I would rather that when a human is the leader they are able to issue an order to override this default behaviour.

I think the problem is that they are assigning behaviour using the outdated method that was used with ofp and A1 and feels too scripted and not dynamic enough. When coming under fire I would like units take cover, or hit the dirt. If the commander orders the units to move they should keep low (the crouching run introduced in A2) and move as quickly as possible to their destination utilising available cover. I would rather that the use of bounding over-watch should be explicitly ordered by the commander and not attached to the combat behaviour.

+1

As it is now, you can't retreat. If you have one enemy AI wounded, and crawling away scared, your guys will just stay in combat / danger /bounding-cover mode until you go back and find the wounded AI. In anything above Regular mode, finding them if they crawled into a building to die, is next to impossible. Whole squad is crippled because of one wounded AI that may even by out of ammo hiding under a bush.

Right now, it's just plain stupid.

Has anyone noticed that when using -showScriptErrors in your shortcut with the beta patch that you receive errors that you didn't get at all under 1.05.62017 for stuff that works and has worked for ages?

As it is now, you can't retreat.

Actually, I've had that problem since ever. In fact, even without AI on my team :p. Breaking contact and successfully evading is about the hardest thing you can try to do. They will hunt you until they find you, and they appear to never give up. I once played hide & seek with a Vodnik 2xPK for about 90 minutes until he finally got me. I don't mind the current behavior as a default one (fight back), but I would like a "retreat under fire" command, or "break contact", or be hooked onto the existing disengage command even.

Can't say I remember 62017 much, what errors are these? I use -showScriptErrors all the time.

When AI's located you they never give up. Very frustrating and probably the reason our AI never stop danger mode even though we cant see eAI. For example when your a small SF team and want to "fool" the AI. You take someone out and an enemy notice you. You retreat and turn right - left - right and then come up on a corner of a hill to look at the enemy area again thinking by now you confused them and they gave up. Think again! They are right on your ass - homing missile style. No matter how much you tried to fool them.

This worked in ArmA1 afaik. Because they never break visual with us no matter whats in the way (after spotting us) they wont ever stop following us, and our AI locked in danger thanks to the auto danger.

Haha yes! I've had the craziest times with this. My tiny team was outnumbered in a fight in Nadezhdino and we ran and hid all the way in the castle on the hilltop, after leaving the enemy AI a good 500m behind. There was an entire forest between us and them and we thought we were safe in the castle. Nope, 5 min later the enemy was knocking on our door! :mad:

Has anyone noticed that when using -showScriptErrors in your shortcut with the beta patch that you receive errors that you didn't get at all under 1.05.62017 for stuff that works and has worked for ages?

Yes, but i don't know enough about scripting to know why it was doing that...