Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe

Is that the correct uninstaller? I used this one and get problems with ACE. Someone else got the same problem but had unintentionally clicked "uninstall 1.05" wich i didnt do.

So is the uninstaller messed up?

EDIT: Hmm more issues it seems...

Edited by Alex72

Can someone please test the AI landing in the C130 on utes please, I want to know if the AI still sway all over the place before landing.

Southy

I cant even reapply patch 1.05 cause of error "missing file: ARMA2SERVER.EXE". So the "Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_04_beta.exe" seems to have removed that file for me. :(

For some reason, when I try to install the beta patch, I get an error message saying that it can not install because I have version 1.04 installed and not version 1.05. The thing is, I do have 1.05 installed.
you have leftover beta folders? from the last betas?

I had no issues installing, had no previous beta folders, I never use the uninstaller, i just delete.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Sarge;1559772']most likely not' date=' 1.04 betas weren't called 1.05 either.

@MadDogX

thought so;)[/quote'] He was right...they are release candidates for the next patch. hmm i guess you just misunderstood him.

Sarge;1559772']most likely not' date=' 1.04 betas weren't called 1.05 either.

@MadDogX

thought so;)[/quote']

He is right. This build is a "sneak peek" of the future 1.06 version.

Nvm... Somehow it all works now. Phew.

And yes, thanks BI for the latest patch. :)

Edited by Alex72

New beta runs fine here. thanks BIS ill be hoping to see alot more of this in the future :)

Here's how I had to do it.

I reformat often (I'm a mess) so I have Arma 2 on a second drive, which is patched up to 1.05 and ready to go. I just reformat, reinstall Arma 2, and I have no need to run any patches... it's already there on my backup ready to run.

So... I download beta and try to run it, and it tells me I only have 1.01 installed (duh, my main drive, where the registry says to go). Now of course I don't want to patch it and go through the hell of trying to re-associate my PBOs with cpbo.

Six Update Suite is my savior. I was able to get the beta patch put where I wanted it, no need to install anything, and everything is working just how it should. I just tested Arma 2 with and without ACE, said version 1.05.63826, had my Apache, and no errors... Thanks Sickboy, i owe you a cookie. :)

Hopefully this will help some of you having problems.

And why would you run an uninstaller (which of course is the logical thought process) when all you should do with these betas is either delete them or simply just stop using them and run the regular exe. The beta is essentially a mod, if you don't tell the shortcut (of the regular exe) to use it... it won't.

O yeah, thanks for the beta, you guys rock.

Edited by Mosh
senile

Great Patch BIS:cheers:

Thanks for the Extra Slider in the Audio menu to turn off those Annoying AI Voices.:)

have you still old beta patches installed in your armaII directory?

I have. Ill delete it and try again. Another post says its the way to go. Thx very much!

The new volume slider is linked to the radio slider for me. And the radio slider always took away the AI voices, but it also made it impossible to hear mates over VOIP wich this will fix i guess. However it is linked in the state it is now so turning it up turns the radio (AI chatter) up as well. The slider is beta stage so i guess its coming as it looks off as well atm. Very nice feature though. :)

Now please fix:

-AI take ages to perform actions like Heal, Get in, Regroup and many more. I think this bug/annoyance was introduced with:

[60718] Changed: AI now goes to Combat behaviour automatically only when under fire, not when player is prone.

-AI often shoot friendlies in the back, not caring if they there any friendlies in line of fire.

-AI shoots while doing animation like standup which results in bullets flying everywhere also in the heads of friendlies :p

[62700] Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds

1 outta 2 sound probs fixed. :) Thanks BIS!

Not. Couldn´t hear any difference at all.

Sounds still completely cut out after some distance, with >400m being the threshold in my tests.

1st - stock A2 sounds

2nd - CSM2

edit: hm, according to linky it seems i´ve misunderstood the purpose of this.

Thought it adds some distortion/echo to distant sounds rather than fixing a speed of sound bug - which of course renders both tests useless.

My bad hx3_pee.gif

Edited by Mr Burns

edit: hm, according to linky it seems i´ve misunderstood the purpose of this.

Thought it adds some distortion/echo to distant sounds rather than fixing a speed of sound bug - which of course renders both tests useless.

My bad hx3_pee.gif

Yeah its the spatial problem that was fixed. Turning your head and weapon sounds followed your ear instead of being tied to its source. The speed of sound problem is not fixed according to the change log. I havent tested it yet but i guess that problem is still there.

[irony]

Would you please stop this ugly patching of the game steadily!

It runs fine for me, at least since 1.04.

I can't stand to lose the natural feeling of BI games which always consisted to me in slighty visible irrelevant bugs.

Don't you erase them !!

AIs are humans too - they have the right to decide falsely or to drunk driving !

Don't want robot-like AIs !

Deeply melancholic ....

famous ol' OFP-Gamer

Herbal I., Son of Influence sr.

[/irony]

Thanx BI for even now continuing with patching.

I am looking for a new explanation why you do that.

It's not normal in the gaming-software-business.

I think I found the reason for it: You play Arma2 yourself !! ;-))

After leaving office you switch on your PC at home and do some strategic shootings with Arma2?

Right? That explains all your overwhelming efforts.

My primary concern has always been performance, espeacially slow loading textures, and I have to admit that with 1.05 and the latest beta, there is a significant and easily noticable improvement! (maybe its only my feeling as there is no such fix listed in the log, but I dont think so..). Great work!

I only have ONE tinny problem, guys - at the beginning of Razor Two when standing on the roof with Shaftoe, there go Czech subtitles and a letter is missing in "Rád vás vidím žvý..." Complete it in - with every new beta I try performance in this mission and seeing the "i" missing annoys me all the time:o))))

fps's on chernogorsk are more consistent i believe,

even in the campaign its much, much bether now.

i think it has something to do with relics from dynamic building destruction..??

My primary concern has always been performance, especially slow loading textures, and I have to admit that with 1.05 and the latest beta, there is a significant and easily noticeable improvement! (maybe its only my feeling as there is no such fix listed in the log, but I dont think so..). ...

They optimized some streaming. Now if they could work with ati on the polyspikes

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

The new volume slider is linked to the radio slider for me. And the radio slider always took away the AI voices, but it also made it impossible to hear mates over VOIP wich this will fix i guess. However it is linked in the state it is now so turning it up turns the radio (AI chatter) up as well. The slider is beta stage so i guess its coming as it looks off as well atm. Very nice feature though. :)
And it looks like shit...

did some testing of the AI pilots and large aircraft, infact lots of aircraft, confirmed they no longer fly drunk on landing at utes.

Landing approach is straight and professional :)

Keep it up BIS. Anyone know if we can snag patch updates via Six?

Keep it up BIS. Anyone know if we can snag patch updates via Six?

betas, yes

Hmm..

Can't seem to find the Apache helicopter in the Editor anymore. Beyond that the AI does seem more willing to engage the enemy and seems to acquire targets faster + spend morme ammunition. buuut it is probably placebo. :)

-k

Hmm..

Can't seem to find the Apache helicopter in the Editor anymore. Beyond that the AI does seem more willing to engage the enemy and seems to acquire targets faster + spend morme ammunition. buuut it is probably placebo. :)

-k

Do you get an error message on game startup?

I had the "missing addon AH64D" after patching (using beta uninstaller first wich fudged me up) and i had to reintall the whole game + 1.05 patch + beta.