Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

wasnt this beta patch test threat,

sounds like kindergarten.....

maybe god created the world in sevendays,

but they are human u know.

a game isnt created in 6 months so fixing things can sometimes take time....

give the devs a break they wil solve these issues

i remember the issues with chernogorsk they fixed that too didnt they.

M.O.R;1581147']normally i would say just be patient they'll make it..but 9months after release i only say "........" !!!!

I agree with you

Right' date=' go and buy OFP DR then, that doesn't even have support, or such a modder community. Demand perfect for your 40 dollars and come bitching then. How I love people like you not enjoying what is working but instead coming to tell how you are not going to buy OA.[/quote']

First: did I say DR is better? No. So, shut up about that

Second: I have BOUGHT this game (you know, I can't find money on the trees) and after ONE year there are so many bugs that this game half-killed my OS. Fantastic, a game which kills an OS and I have to be silent? I've turned a blind eye for an year...now I'm tired

So, I deserve to be angry with developers who make a game-full-of-bug (which costs 40$)

wasnt this beta patch test threat,

sounds like kindergarten.....

maybe god created the world in sevendays,

but they are human u know.

a game isnt created in 6 months so fixing things can sometimes take time....

give the devs a break they wil solve these issues

i remember the issues with chernogorsk they fixed that too didnt they.

They've released this "game" on june 2009. Now it's March 2010...

;1581080']...

Arma 2 crashed' date=' I couldn't use my PC, then I pushed alt+f4, turned of my PC, restarted it and now

Vista research doesn't work anymore and I've got a lot of problems...BIS, you have just lost a customer. You have programmed a nice shit...this game is crap. I have been turning a blind eye for an year and now this game half-killed my SO..very good job...congratulations...[/quote']My game runs great!

And if that happened from a user reboot? well thats odd. And your fault. I dont know how you could blame BIS/A2 for your choice to reboot, and see a function disabled? Call the "Geek bros" they may be able to help you. other wise BS. User error.

;1581217']

I agree with you

Wow ... what a rhetoric! You agree with yourself then, because you wrote, what he said he agrees too. :eek:

I remember people wanting more "automatic combat mode" in autum last year.

BI reacted - we got a more automatic combat mode.

Bu I agree it's too strong now - a friend whom I told to buy Arma2 told me about this after he first played Arma2 a week ago.

I didn't care too much, but I agree there is too much of "automatism" now.

BI needs to find a little way back from that. Reduce it a bit again.

My personal opinion is latest that since 1.04 (!) (not 1.05) noone can argue to have payed too much with lousy 40 Euros.

You normally pay more than 40 Euros for real lousy arcadish games which are never ever supported at all not to speak of delivering patches over years following the voice of the community.

Game runs great here since 1.04.

I never had to reinstall it.

It never corrupted my operation system.

Not even ACE2s sixupdateinstaller did it .. .. ! :o

Edited by Herbal Influence

There won't be a 64bit versions, neither from the game nor for the Server. And could we now drop that discussion (which was done several times in the past)? Thanks.

And also: No DR discussion or comparsion here. This thread is about the beta builds - and nothing else.

Oh and please no "vote for my bug" posts here. There is no indication that a post with 100 votes has a better chance of being fixed than one with no votes. ;)

My game runs great!

And if that happened from a user reboot? well thats odd. And your fault. I dont know how you could blame BIS/A2 for your choice to reboot, and see a function disabled? Call the "Geek bros" they may be able to help you. other wise BS. User error.

I don't think so: I turned off my PC "normally" (alt+f4 then enter): before turning off my PC my screen was totally black but OS kept working

Wow ... what a rhetoric! You agree with yourself then, because you wrote, what he said he agrees too. :eek:

I remember people wanting more "automatic combat mode" in autum last year.

BI reacted - we got a more automatic combat mode.

Bu I agree it's too strong now - a friend whom I told to buy Arma2 told me about this after he first played Arma2 a week ago.

I didn't care too much, but I agree there is too much of "automatism" now.

BI needs to find a little way back from that. Reduce it a bit again.

My personal opinion is latest that since 1.04 (!) (not 1.05) noone can argue to have payed too much with lousy 40 Euros.

You normally pay more than 40 Euros for real lousy arcadish games which are never ever supported at all not to speak of delivering patches over years following the voice of the community.

Game runs great here since 1.04.

I never had to reinstall it.

It never corrupted my operation system.

Not even ACE2s sixupdateinstaller did it .. .. ! :o

Lulz XD

Well, I don't know: this game isn't enjoyable for me. There are still a lot of AI problems, a lot of bugs and performance is still terrible: I usually get 15\16fps, everything on normal, no AA, no AF and no Vsync, 1440x900. I tried setting everything on "very low" and I hadn't any performance increase: still 15\16fps

Sorry for before guys, I was angry for all those problems (I solved my OS problems using a restore point) but the speech is the same...

There won't be a 64bit versions, neither from the game nor for the Server. And could we now drop that discussion (which was done several times in the past)? Thanks.

And also: No DR discussion or comparsion here. This thread is about the beta builds - and nothing else.

Oh and please no "vote for my bug" posts here. There is no indication that a post with 100 votes has a better chance of being fixed than one with no votes. ;)

Sorry then :p

didnt even pay € 40,- for the game

u wont here me complaining...

payed € 35,- for the DVD version in august 2009

and im enjoying every minute of it.

only the auto danger keeps me from finnishing sp games without sacrificing my team.

sometimes i order them to "holdfire" so i can let the enemy pass my position,

but there is always a stupid teammember still opening fire giving away our position.

or teammembers start shooting while im in front of them,

i dont think i have to draw a picture abouth wat happens,

and my medic wont even heal me...MISSION FAILED:oops:

;1581276']Well' date=' I don't know: this game isn't enjoyable for me. There are still a lot of AI problems, a lot of bugs and performance is still terrible: I usually get 15\16fps, everything on normal, no AA, no AF and no Vsync, 1440x900. I tried setting everything on "very low" and I hadn't any performance increase: still 15\16fps[/quote']

Means you have to weak CPU. There is time for upgrade.

And I don't kiddin. I had been forced to change my rig too.It's technology advance nothing more nothing less.

Edited by MaXyM

I'm trying with overclock. Now my CPU runs in 3100mhz from 3000mhz. I know, it's not too much but for an AMD 6000x2 it's a lot xD.

However, I don't know if this is an AI bug or something similar: I put some AT and Anti Infantry defences in two strongpoints of a city. Enemies attack that city but my defences are just useless so I lose the city.

There's something about defences I should know or it's just a bug?

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

Hi Suma, any insight to when we can expect another beta?

Also, are you thinking of giving ARMA2 the new audio engine after OA is released? I'm keeping my hopes up for performance increases too by the way..

Have a great day.

Yeah there's enough issues left to patch. It is taking ages though. Asking Suma didn't work.

You're a spoiled bunch... sigh.

a few weeks without beta's and its all bad suddenly. Im pretty sure they will use these beta patches as a test platform for engine changes in OA too, so dont be worried too much. Priorties just change a bit sometimes I guess.

a few weeks without beta's and its all bad suddenly. Im pretty sure they will use these beta patches as a test platform for engine changes in OA too, so dont be worried too much. Priorties just change a bit sometimes I guess.

Well we screamed about the AI got broken in a beta before 1.05 final and still 1.05 was released with this nasty issue, so why shouldnt we worry :confused:

Because BIS aren't like other developers who completely ignore their fanbase. If they don't like something of this magnitude, they're going to fix and/or change it. Case and point - the removal of the deleteCollection command.

Because BIS aren't like other developers who completely ignore their fanbase. If they don't like something of this magnitude, they're going to fix and/or change it. Case and point - the removal of the deleteCollection command.

I'm not buying it, if nobody says anything it ain't getting fixed!

They are well aware of the AI problems, trust me.

No more patches,bummer..

Oh look, you're right (*sarcasm*):

I believe replacement scripting command (even backwards compatible, deleteCollection will still work...) is under works and should make it to 1.06 or some betas before that, so probably no need to bother about it anymore :j:

They are well aware of the AI problems, trust me.

I believe this to be true as well. I think the earlier open Beta process (as far as AI is concerned) might have actually harmed rather than helped in that you have such a wide variety of responses that the Devs might have thought that their experimental versions were fine for the most part. Maybe a closed Beta, including members who have a really good grasp of AI functionality and mechanics would produce better results.

I wish they would make the AI get in gear off dead bodies when they are out of ammo.

I wish they would make the AI get in gear off dead bodies when they are out of ammo.
You can oder A.I. to do that anytime.