Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

One thing I want to know. There was tracker about GPS markings that got rejected recently. It was about removing markings when you don't have GPS equiped...

Now, I know mission maker can disable markers, but how do you make markers dissappear if you don't have GPS and then appear again if you do have GPS?

can anyone give me the class lists for all the new weapons in the update ?

I've been typing and formatting this list for hours. Now it's done. RH AK's and more.

Is it possible with the nuke to cause a e.m.p. after the nuke goes off?
It is possible - you could have scripting that removes fuel from particularly vulnerable vehicles to simulate their electronics getting fried, or have street lights go out. Havn't checked but you could possibly disable radio comms too.

In real life EMP from a nuclear blast varies depending on the yield, altitude and other factors.

EMP has been discussed, there is even an ACE ticket for that subject. I am quite well-versed on the topic. If it's implimented - it'll be done correctly.

Did you notice there is a Russian language version of mod? Russian is not like ancient Greek. :D

And I would like to point out that (probably, dunno about Evil Echo) none of developers speak Mandarin and somehow ACE PLA got released.

Like in real life if there are people of good will who want to cooperate things get achieved. ;)

I know a number of languages, including ancient Greek and several languages in the Sino-Tibetian language group. Even some Russian. That is why the US Army thought I might be good at translating radio traffic and having little chats with people that our soldiers brought in.

Panda is correct about good-will and cooperation. ACE is limited in time and resources, but not talent. Since we are working for free, we are self-motivated in our choice of features that are developed. Good feedback helps encourage that work. Bad attitudes, including rants here and flame videos on youtube, do nothing to encourage further development. So the trolls are doing nothing but hurting the ACE community as whole.

I believe most people here like ACE and are willing to work with us. However if you are one of the minority that cannot do anything but tear us down, then remove our mod from your machine and leave so the rest of us can move forward.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Hey guys,

This is a great mod, and I'd like to use it 100%, but I can't due to this incredibly frustrating glitch in the installation: "Addon 'ace_c_vehicle' requires addon 'CA_AH64D'"

I've tried reinstalling with the SIX console, but I'm still getting this error.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

This is a great mod, and I'd like to use it 100%, but I can't due to this incredibly frustrating glitch in the installation: "Addon 'ace_c_vehicle' requires addon 'CA_AH64D'"

AH64 came with the 1.05 patch, not with ACE. You need 1.05 which you might have accidentally uninstalled using the beta uninstaller.

Hey guys,

your running the 105.6Beta? and did you uninstall a old beta version?

Hey guys,

Did you installed the 1.05 patch?

Or the 1.06 beta?

Nevermind guys, thanks for the help.:dance:

Edited by shaBAM!

Some people actually mentioned it looks as if its stalled but it's probably transfering large files. Have you confirmed the stalls?

There's a 300 second timeout on rsync too, maybe I should shorten it :)

Also, Six Updater v0.7.2 setup, includes the latest rsync binary, maybe that helps or improves things :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

it definitely stalled. The mod and the updater are great , sorry for being bitchy. First time I had this poor update experience out of like what? 30 updates? lol

oh, i didnt use the latest updater, i think it was 6.1

gg

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

noo no rk95 my life is over :D

Awesome weapons, but why is (forgot the name) AK with hugeass mag anyways, why does it make ears ring? I mean, its just asault rifle with bipod and bigger magazine.. :S

You mean the RPK74?

She fits on MG class, so we gane have the same features as the others wepons of this class, ex: M249 :D

I've been typing and formatting this list for hours. Now it's done. RH AK's and more.

I know a number of languages, including ancient Greek and several languages in the Sino-Tibetian language group. Even some Russian. That is why the US Army thought I might be good at translating radio traffic and having little chats with people that our soldiers brought in.

Panda is correct about good-will and cooperation. ACE is limited in time and resources, but not talent. Since we are working for free, we are self-motivated in our choice of features that are developed. Good feedback helps encourage that work. Bad attitudes, including rants here and flame videos on youtube, do nothing to encourage further development. So the trolls are doing nothing but hurting the ACE community as whole.

I believe most people here like ACE and are willing to work with us. However if you are one of the minority that cannot do anything but tear us down, then remove our mod from your machine and leave so the rest of us can move forward.

First thanks for the updated class list.

Second, that is f*&%in' sad. I'm sorry to hear about that guys. That is really pathetic. Just keep plowing through this garbage. It's really a damn shame people out there feel the need to do this. A bunch of petty f&*^in' children. There's many more of us out here that appreciate all the blood, sweat and free time the ACE2 team has devoted to the Mod. It's legendary already.

I 2nd that keep up the effort, it is appreciated to a massive extent by the vast majority, thanks for todays update :)

Youtube videos flaming ACE2? Who and where are these cunts?

Edited by Steakslim

OK, I got my answer regarding GPS markings. Currently, by default, GPS markings will be shown even though you don't have GPS device. Also, if I understood correctly this wont get changed for some reason... Mission makers, you should consider putting something like this in your missions:

[] spawn {

doounitsmarker = -1;

while {true} do {

_u = playableunits;

if not ("ItemGPS" in weapons player) then {

_u = [];

};

for [{_i = 0}, {_i < count _u}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {

_o = _u select _i;

_m = format ["icon%1", _i];

if (doounitsmarker < _i) then {

doounitsmarker = doounitsmarker + 1;

createmarkerlocal [_m, [0, 0]];

};

_m setmarkerposlocal getposasl _o;

if (_o == player) then {

_m setmarkercolorlocal "ColorRed";

} else {

if (lifestate _o == "UNCONSCIOUS") then {

_m setmarkercolorlocal "ColorOrange";

} else {

_m setmarkercolorlocal "ColorBlue";

};

};

if (vehicle _o == _o) then {

if (_o iskindof "UAV") then {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_uav";

} else {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_inf";

};

} else {

if (vehicle _o iskindof "Car") then {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_motor_inf";

} else {

if (vehicle _o iskindof "Tank") then {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_armor";

} else {

if (vehicle _o iskindof "Helicopter") then {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_air";

} else {

if (vehicle _o iskindof "Plane") then {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_plane";

} else {

_m setmarkertypelocal "b_inf";

};

};

};

};

};

};

for [{_i = count _u}, {_i <= doounitsmarker}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {

_m = format ["icon%1", _i];

_m setmarkertypelocal "Empty";

};

sleep 1;

};

};

I am no scripting expert... This script is reply (by doolittle) on my question on how to enable markers when you have GPS device and disable when you don't have them...

I still think this should be part of ACE sripting because we shouldn't have to think wether mission maker did or did not forget about that...

I find pretty weird to have markings even though you don't carry a GPS device...

Sorry if this is OT :(

Edited by Minoza

im having some wierd issues with my domination ports, some servers dont have a problem. others like the crackhouse and 7thsfg server are getting the ace-X missing this or that deleted, most of the time the error is missing ace_us army.......you dont get this error when you run the mission on a client machine.and all these missions worked before the update...

did you fellas rename any of the class names for west units?

i think its some problem with the server not getting the full update even though the

server says it updated..

any ideas would be helpfull..

on a side note i have gone through and deleted all the required addons that the mission had reloaded and dont get any errors but upload it to the dedi server and it comes back...

Edited by {Op4}Bsilenced

If you've already used the GUI, now use the Six Updater Consule. It's much faster, you don't have to go to the server site every time.

Please write a link to find this Updater Consule.

(I am now using Six Updater - GUI that is open up a webpage, there I syncronize and update my addons.)

Please write a link to find this Updater Consule.

(I am now using Six Updater - GUI that is open up a webpage, there I syncronize and update my addons.)

It should be install with the suite, look under the GUI shortcut, should be SIX Updater - Console

I just copy pasted ACE 2 into addons folder and I got this error (Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.)

I just copy pasted because I cannot figure out how to install the damn mod, and I dont have clue what all the Download this for that and install the loader to route it to that folder.. crap means so I just copied it.

Is there a way to fix that error?

Re Console supposedly quicker than GUI:

I think you got that turned around Manzilla :)

Maybe the Web-client takes a bit to start up, but because it can use Autoskip, especially updating a whole bunch of mods, is much quicker in the GUI, than it is with console-only (all mods skip; false).

Simply because the console will fully check the modfolders, download latest repository file from rsync server, compare checksums etc, even when there are no updates for that specific mod.

While the GUI only verifies version-numbers available online at the Portal (which you fetch with "Synchronization"), versus the local version numbers, and sets them to "Skip" when there is no version difference.

To verify/repair your mod folder(s), then disabling autoskip, reset skip status, and execute, is recommended.

I just copy pasted ACE 2 into addons folder and I got this error (Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.)

I just copy pasted because I cannot figure out how to install the damn mod, and I dont have clue what all the Download this for that and install the loader to route it to that folder.. crap means so I just copied it.

If you actually installed ACE in the main addons folder you just screwed yourself up royally. To fix...

1. Reinstall ArmA2.

2. There are a plethora of how-to documents and videos out there. You should end up with a number of folders in your ArmA2 folder - @ACE, @ACEX, @CBA, ....

I would also recommend not using abusive language. A bunch of us are fed up with that and I'm going to start asking the moderators to swing the ban hammer on repeat offenders.

Fail :rolleyes:

Just to comment on some peeps cussing the ACE team and flaming ACE.

Please ACE team do not think its not worth carrying on with ACE as if you was to stop work on it I would be very very gutted I love ARMA and ACE please do not give up I thank you for every release you do its great the exctiment building up to every release is sweet :).

thanks again

Just to comment on some peeps cussing the ACE team and flaming ACE.

Please ACE team do not think its not worth carrying on with ACE as if you was to stop work on it I would be very very gutted I love ARMA and ACE please do not give up I thank you for every release you do its great the exctiment building up to every release is sweet :).

thanks again

Thanks a lot STK, and no worries, a few bullies won't throw us out of our saddle :)

Most don't even have a clue what it takes (or how it works), every day again, so better not bother with taking their opinions seriously anyway :)

Can't please all anyway. And some aren't pleasable at all. Finally a scala of Russian Weapons added to ACE. But don't think the fanfare bus will stop at our thread and share their excitement, oh no :D

Fail :rolleyes:

Way to dump on a guy after his first post and trying to install a mod makes a mistake.