Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I've been typing and formatting this list for hours. Now it's done. RH AK's and more.

I know a number of languages, including ancient Greek and several languages in the Sino-Tibetian language group. Even some Russian. That is why the US Army thought I might be good at translating radio traffic and having little chats with people that our soldiers brought in.

Panda is correct about good-will and cooperation. ACE is limited in time and resources, but not talent. Since we are working for free, we are self-motivated in our choice of features that are developed. Good feedback helps encourage that work. Bad attitudes, including rants here and flame videos on youtube, do nothing to encourage further development. So the trolls are doing nothing but hurting the ACE community as whole.

I believe most people here like ACE and are willing to work with us. However if you are one of the minority that cannot do anything but tear us down, then remove our mod from your machine and leave so the rest of us can move forward.

What there are People flaming ACE?

Poor ***

Ace is just great and adds so much to the game, wonderfull work guys, really :rthumb:

I would also recommend not using abusive language. A bunch of us are fed up with that and I'm going to start asking the moderators to swing the ban hammer on repeat offenders.

Dude, if that's your idea of abusive language, your life must be really hard.

Way to dump on a guy after his first post and trying to install a mod makes a mistake.

Yeah it's a nice way to make a first post, specially considering he obviously didn't spent anytime at all figuring out how to install the damn mod ;)

I would also recommend not using abusive language. A bunch of us are fed up with that and I'm going to start asking the moderators to swing the ban hammer on repeat offenders.

Maybe you need your own forums.

_veh = "ACE_ArtyShellCrater" createVehicle getMarkerPos "crater1"

That will spawn an ACE crater at marker named crater1.

Awesome! Works fine. Thanks! :)

Something mixed up with russian AT soldier (Metis) - he can actually only shoot or he can only place a tripod. Better if the tripod will be carried + deployed by another soldier (human/AI).

How to lock the laser from SU-25/39 on ground targets/objects? Is it possible to get an info about locked things?

Hope that ACE devs have enough time to play-test all of their own/others work. Nobody forces anyone to make a rushed 1st final release. :)

Btw now the first A2 SP mission is broken with ACE2 - the helicopter doesn't land. Why?

No idea NoRail. Try a bug report, with rpt.

Maybe you need your own forums.

We have a bugtracker.

Edited by Sickboy

I just copy pasted ACE 2 into addons folder and I got this error (Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.)

I just copy pasted because I cannot figure out how to install the damn mod, and I dont have clue what all the Download this for that and install the loader to route it to that folder.. crap means so I just copied it.

Is there a way to fix that error?

HOW TO INSTALL ACE

It wasnt written just for the fun of writing guides. Read it.

I have two problems with ace2

1) my six uptader is working well, and everything looks up to date (crates, equipment) but in main menu i still have got old version sign xx.213. its weird. do you have this problem also?

2)i found groza in RU crate but im still lookin for HK416 but i cant find in crates, only way to find HK416 is armory missions. Can any1 explain me how to find hk416 in crates cuz i want to create some things in editor?

quick question, why the F&%$ are we downloading an extra 700mb just for AK's? who uses them and why cant we have a separate addon folder to download called "usless-crap"

You don't have to download anything...

Move your mouse right & upward diagonally and click on the white X mark on the corner of the window.

Peace you will have ! says Yoda :D

I have two problems with ace2

1) my six uptader is working well, and everything looks up to date (crates, equipment) but in main menu i still have got old version sign xx.213. its weird. do you have this problem also?

Double check and clean your Virtual Store.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6806

Then reset and reverify your modfolders:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Documentation#Reset-skip-status

Don't forget to enable autoskip again later on, as it will speed things up greatly.

Otherwise please setup a bug report with your logfiles: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy

If you have Vista or Windows 7 you need to right-click the Six Updater shortcut and go "Run as administrator" every time you run it.

See if this helps you: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806

2)i found groza in RU crate but im still lookin for HK416 but i cant find in crates, only way to find HK416 is armory missions. Can any1 explain me how to find hk416 in crates cuz i want to create some things in editor?

Look in Empty > AE Ammunition > US Special Weapons

I just noticed they have attachments now! Yay!

Thanks ACE guys, I love the new AKs, I think they make a lot of sense to balance the extensive arsenal BLUFOR has now.

i always running it "as administrator"

u know i have all features inside game and alway six uptader tells me that everything is uptaded well. just this sign in main menu

ive tried in US ammu - US special crate and i didnt see HK416

This could have been asked before, but i found nothing so far.

What happened to the High Command Module ?

STRG+Space doesnt accsess the menu

To be sure follow the link and do as Sickboy says - clean your Virtual Store.

I assure you they are in AE Ammunition > US Special Weapons crate. Make sure you aren't going to Ammo > US Special Weapons, that's the vanilla stuff.

This could have been asked before, but i found nothing so far.

What happened to the High Command Module ?

STRG+Space doesnt accsess the menu

Ctrl + Space to access the HC works fine in our tests. Are you sure all mods (incl CBA) are up2date, and that you did not assign the key combination to other features, in userconfig/ace/ace_keys.hpp etc?

If still issues, please setup a bug report, incl arma2.rpt etc, and mission if possible:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki/Bugz

Okey thank You Sickboy

i fixed everything and working well now :)

im just wonder cuz i deleted all files in /virtual store dir. does my w7 work fine then?

i always running it "as administrator"

u know i have all features inside game and alway six uptader tells me that everything is uptaded well. just this sign in main menu

ive tried in US ammu - US special crate and i didnt see HK416

They're in one of those. Make sure you are looking in the ACE2 ammo crates, not the vanilla BIS ones. They are in the AE Ammunition drop down menu.

EDIT:

Oops I see Lhowon already provided an answer. Follow what he said and you'll find the HK's.

Yeah i figured it out.

Groza and HK is now in my crates:). I also fixed the main menu version problem. Everything seems to be OK

but i did as sickboys's said and i have to cleaned content of the Virtual Store folder. Now im wonder if i didnt screwed something with my windows 7. But everything seems to be OK also

Yeah i figured it out.

Groza and HK is now in my crates:). I also fixed the main menu version problem. Everything seems to be OK

but i did as sickboys's said and i have to cleaned content of the Virtual Store folder. Now im wonder if i didnt screwed something with my windows 7. But everything seems to be OK also

Nah, everything should be fine. Glad you got it to work! :)

Take care.

I scanned through the last few pages and can't see anything, so:

Last update all the /store/"User Config" files where removed, do we no longer need these?

Thanks for the mod and continued updates.

I scanned through the last few pages and can't see anything, so:

Last update all the /store/"User Config" files where removed, do we no longer need these?

Thanks for the mod and continued updates.

Because of how the ACE package is bundled and shipped, plus the addition of some more files to augment ACE ( wiki, missions, etc ) it became necessary to pack the config files into an archive. That archive is the userconfig.tar file you now see in the store folder. All the config files are in there.

The FAQ covers what to do if you need to unpack manually - tar is a common file format that many archive tools like WinRAR support. Naturally the Six-Updater will unpack and install the contents of the archive for you at the click of a button.

Hello friends, I am having a problem since the 2 latest updates,

... p_officer_hhl_as.paa

Someone could say what might be happening?

Grateful.

I have looked but still have not found anything like :butbut:

Hello friends, I am having a problem since the 2 latest updates,

Someone could say what might be happening?

Grateful.

I have looked but still have not found anything like :butbut:

Is this for a mission you or a friend made? Did you get any messages about "ace_test" missing etc? It may be you used one of the test soldiers in a mission and that pbo was removed recently. If so - remove any reference to ace_test in that mission file ( carefully ) and then use the mission editor to change any soldiers it complains about to another soldier in some other class.