Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Small thing: I can't seem to get weapon cartridges to stay on the ground. I can take out or leave in the // in front of #define ACE_CARTRIDGES, but the cartridges won't stay on the ground. Any help would be great :)

It works for me, so it's not a general issue, it must be something local. Did you update your config files?

Batteries and other non-weapon items are part of logistics, which in fairness is the biggest, most overwhelmingly important part of any sort of fighting force. :) It extends down from the nation to the foot soldier. :)

Small thing: I can't seem to get weapon cartridges to stay on the ground. I can take out or leave in the // in front of #define ACE_CARTRIDGES, but the cartridges won't stay on the ground. Any help would be great :)

I've noticed the cartridges don't correspond exactly to where they physically land after ejecting from the gun - they often appear on the ground a foot or two to the right of where you see them hit.

So just to make sure check all around where you have been firing.

I don't follow Minoza. Are you beeing sarcastic and suggesting there is a option to turn it on/off :) Is there a option to choose "Install and launch game" that I do not see somewhere ?

It says this in the DOS-update window thingy:

Processing general tasks:

Starting the game with -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_S

M;@CBA

It used to just let me know when everything was up to date, and then told me to hit "enter" to exit.

When i jump from a flying helicopter (Ive tried with AH1 and AH64 from high altitude) i didnt suffer any injuries. I am completly invulnerable . But only with the fall, because my helicopter crash in front of me and the explosion injured me.

Weird......anyone have the same problem??

I have the latest update.......ACE 286 ACEX 205 ACEX PLA 14 CBA 80

Edited by quoestudio

When i jump from a flying helicopter (Ive tried with AH1 and AH64 from high altitude) i didnt suffer any injuries. I am completly invulnerable . But only with the fall, because my helicopter crash in front of me and the explosion injured me.

Weird......anyone have the same problem??

I have the latest update.......ACE 286 ACEX 205 ACEX PLA 14 CBA 80

I had it happen once a while back. Thought I just got lucky.

When will the ACE wiki be updated to include the classnames for the latest additions, such as the HK416s?

Why has the Six Updater suddenly started to automatically launch the game after I run an update? Is there a way to turn this off?

Basically because anyone not able to start the game properly themselves, needs it, while anyone who knows how to handle modfolders, starting the game with the correct parameters,

probably can find the "Override Action" available on the Main page, to just select Install or Update, as opposed to the new Preset default Install or Update, and Startgame :)

In short; Way too many people wondering and asking how to start the game with ACE properly, while the Updater can take care of this, or even create the shortcuts for you.

When will the ACE wiki be updated to include the classnames for the latest additions, such as the HK416s?

You mean like this? http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Class_Lists_for_ACEX#Rifles_3 :)

Edited by Sickboy

hi all,

is it normal that my @ACE\userconfig and @ACE\store\userconfig are clear?

I have ACE2 284 and last beta 1.06

sorry but I search in the thread and found that I've to manually copy it into Arma2\userconfig.

any help?

ps:...as always thanks all AceTeam for your fantastic work!

and sry for my bad english.

@Alex: Probably not before the stable v1.0 release but hopefully in the next weeks.

Sounds great Sickboy. Thanks for the response. :)

Atm my computer have suddenly broke down and i have no idea if its the CPU or videocard. So not being able to enjoy ACE & AA2 sucks a** to be quite honest. :(

Rkibitta:

Dont you "process userconfigs" separatelly now? Check SixUpdater and instead of leaving it to "install or update" change the drop down menu to "process userconfigs". It will make a new one in ARMA2/userconfigs/ACE and the old folder will be renamed with a bunch of numbers behind. So delete the old one and update the new one with your own settings you want.

Edited by Alex72

Is the A10 changed in any way in ACE2 on weapon configs?

I tried to let it fire the GAU:

A10 fire "GAU8"; on a WP, does nothing. Apache and other Beauties work fine.

The GAU12 for the AV8 also doesnt work for me.

@rikibitta

Yes its normal, now they're in RAR file. :)

thanks Ville!

and now I've to extract and copy(overwright) them to

Arma2\userconfig?

@rikibitta

Thats right, the config files should be put into arma2\userconfig\ace folder. :)

@rikibitta

Thats right, the config files should be put into arma2\userconfig\ace folder. :)

thnks again Ville for rapid help!

bye all

Basically because anyone not able to start the game properly themselves, needs it, while anyone who knows how to handle modfolders, starting the game with the correct parameters,

probably can find the "Override Action" available on the Main page, to just select Install or Update, as opposed to the new Preset default Install or Update, and Startgame :)

In short; Way too many people wondering and asking how to start the game with ACE properly, while the Updater can take care of this, or even create the shortcuts for you.

Sorry brother but I cannot agree with you. If you want to support retards - just do it. but don't make others people live harder.

I noticed also that game is starting just after ACE update - and I don't want this behaviour. That why I found related settings and switch it off.

Unfortunately, these settings has been overwritten by Six Updater during next day update.

i believe six updater overwrites the default profiles sometimes.

Solution: clone the ACE2 Vanilla profile, edit it to not auto-start, save. Use this profile.

All records that are syncable with the server site, are synchronized back to how it is on the Updater Portal site, has been always like that.

First off, you can select the override action on the main page. This will take precedence over the action you've set in Preset.

Second, you can follow what TimRiceSE mentioned.

Fine and dandy you dont want the behaviour, that's why I have given you the possibility to disable it.

Edited by Sickboy

Question is why the behaviour has been changed without any notification to end-user

Question is why the behaviour has been changed without any notification to end-user

I'm not sure if I need to answer that. Reason being that this isn't some paid piece of software, and that I am working my balls off every day to provide people with things.

Can't always do things as they are supposed to. If things need be done by the book, someone should consider hiring us instead :)

Or perhaps people should offer themselves to take upon themselves these tasks, but you won't see that happen..

Edited by Sickboy

A little thinking makes me come to the conclusion that having ACE start the game would ease a lot for those that doesnt know how to start the game with ACE. So giving them a break and have them play probably makes them happy. We all hope they learn how to start addons manually in the future though. Also, since we who knows more can disable that function i dont see it as a big deal. Its a game - not the end of the world.

EDIT: You can also use Yoma's AddonSync wich will not start the game on update and you wont even have to tick "no dont start on update". So there are options.

Edited by Alex72