Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Its not my video but I can say that even LOBL only works in 50% of the cases for me. Ill follow your link.

Hi guys i installed this ACE package with the SIX UPDATER and it installed some folders on my ARMA main folder like @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_PLA, @ACEX_SM, @CBA and beta; but when i start the ARMA game everything its the same as before i installed the package with no changes on the game, what do i need to do?

Thank you in advance.

PD. Im new on this hehe.

Hi guys i installed this ACE package with the SIX UPDATER and it installed some folders on my ARMA main folder like @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_PLA, @ACEX_SM, @CBA and beta; but when i start the ARMA game everything its the same as before i installed the package with no changes on the game, what do i need to do?

Thank you in advance.

PD. Im new on this hehe.

you need to load the addons by starting the game with them listed in the startup shortcut.

i.e. for me:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@LandTex;@CSM2

is the TARGET of the shortcut used to start it with ACE and a couple other addons

you need to load the addons by starting the game with them listed in the startup shortcut.

i.e. for me:

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@LandTex;@CSM2

is the TARGET of the shortcut used to start it with ACE and a couple other addons

Thanks a lot for your time TimRiceSE, it works fine now!!!!! :)

Ladies and gentlemen we are happy to announce that we have succesfully implemented LOAL in our Missile Guidance systems, primarily for the AH1 and AH64 FCS! :yay:

(The systems will hopefully be further enhanced with (map) interface, in a future version)

See you at the release party, (hopefully) in the next days. Drinks are on us! :cool:

Edited by Sickboy

Ladies and gentlemen we are happy to announce that we have succesfully implemented LOAL in our Missile Guidance systems, primarily for the AH1 and AH64 FCS! :yay:

(The systems will hopefully be further enhanced with (map) interface, in a future version)

See you at the release party, (hopefully) in the next days. Drinks are on us! :cool:

no.. I think the drinks are on us boys! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Sounds really good..

questions for you to, do you run tests on dedicated servers with the scripts and functions?.

ive been trying LOBL and LAOL (in current version).. and the designator from the AH1 and AH64, works pretty well in a Selfhosted MP game.. but when put on our deticated, missiles just fly straight, and ignore any laser, lock that we have.

*does the Wilhelm scream*

Excellent. Now let's hope the idiots don't come out of the woodwork in a few days asking about the v1.0 release date!

Good luck.

You guys are one hell of a devoted team. Thank You! Do you have an ACE team address we can send beer to?

Hi. Ok I have all the Ace2 folders in the ArmA2 directory... Now what? do I drag and drop all the files in those Ace folders to the arma addon folder? what do i change the Arm2 icon target too?

SO VERY CLOSE!!!

Col. HawK

Edited by Col. HawK

Before I go full-bore into ACE2 heaven, I have just a couple questions I couldn't find in the wiki.

1. Does this work like most mods with it's own "single" independent mod/add-on folder? If not, does it overwrite any games files?

3. Will the ACE2 auto-install/updater have a problem with alternate drives and directories? ie. My install path is D:\Games\ArmA 2

Last, thanks for your amazing work. I've yet to use it, but from what I read here it's phenomenal. Oh I remember!

4. Does this mod do anything about tall grass/weeds? The tall stuff is pretty ugly and I have the impression that although I cannot look through it, the enemy can still see me even though I'm prone.

Thank you! :)

unrelated: Why didn't Bohemia just create an options box that's "tick these mods to use" in the options screen - instead of forcing you to add a bunch of mod folders to the executable?

Excellent. Now let's hope the idiots don't come out of the woodwork in a few days asking about the v1.0 release date!

Good luck.

Classic!

Before I go full-bore into ACE2 heaven, I have just a couple questions I couldn't find in the wiki.

1. Does this work like most mods with it's own "single" independent mod/add-on folder? If not, does it overwrite any games files?

3. Will the ACE2 auto-install/updater have a problem with alternate drives and directories? ie. My install path is D:\Games\ArmA 2

Last, thanks for your amazing work. I've yet to use it, but from what I read here it's phenomenal. Oh I remember!

4. Does this mod do anything about tall grass/weeds? The tall stuff is pretty ugly and I have the impression that although I cannot look through it, the enemy can still see me even though I'm prone.

Thank you! :)

unrelated: Why didn't Bohemia just create an options box that's "tick these mods to use" in the options screen - instead of forcing you to add a bunch of mod folders to the executable?

1. Yes, it gains all the benefits of mod folders. No, it does not overwrite vanilla files.

2. The question is missing ;)

3. I have A2 installed exactly this way. Six Updater recognizes the path on its own. So - no, there won't be any problems regarding this unless You provoke them :)

4. Nope, but You can download SAP clutter with Six Updater - the question is if this helps :p

Hi. Ok I have all the Ace2 folders in the ArmA2 directory... Now what? do I drag and drop all the files in those Ace folders to the arma addon folder? what do i change the Arm2 icon target too?

SO VERY CLOSE!!!

Col. HawK

Dont know how you can miss how addons are run looking through this or any of the ARMA sites?

Anyway, you dont mess with the "ARMA2/Addons" folder for any reason at all. Leave it as it is. Your mod folders aka @mod1, @mod2, @mod3 etc are added to your ARMA2 launch icon (shortcut icon) in the TARGET field (right click ARMA2 icon - Properties). Under the "shortcut" tab you have a field at the top called "target" and in there you see your ARMA2 exe path. Behind the path you have to use the addon command:

-mod=

And behind it you add the mod folders you like (example):

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX...

You need to use semicolons between each mod if you use more than 1 like in the example above.

To speed up the start of the game you can also add (at the end or start of the modline doesnt matter): -nosplash -world=empty (no splash screen, no island loaded at the menu).

So a full ACE modline should look like this:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

And you would add that whole line at the end of the ARMA2 exe path in the target field as we discussed earlier. So the full line in the target field would look like this (depending on where your ARMA2 game is. Mine is on C: as you can see - yours will look different if in another location - doesnt matter though but just saying.):

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

And if you run the ARMA2 beta you would add "beta" at the very beginning of the modline:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

Remember to check what the modfolders are named and then add them to the modline separated by semicolons - or use a mod launcher - look it up at armaholic.com:

EDIT:

When ACE is installed with the Six Updater you will automatically get a new shortcut in your ARMA2 root folder. You recognize it easily because you will notice it has all the ACE mod folders listed in its name. You can move that shortcut to your desktop and launch it from there.

Edited by Alex72

1. Yes, it gains all the benefits of mod folders. No, it does not overwrite vanilla files.

2. The question is missing ;)

3. I have A2 installed exactly this way. Six Updater recognizes the path on its own. So - no, there won't be any problems regarding this unless You provoke them :)

4. Nope, but You can download SAP clutter with Six Updater - the question is if this helps :p

on number 4 what is SAP clutter and what does it do?

Hi,

The system of ropes is right in the latest versions of ACE?

My tests fail on last updates...:butbut:

Thanks a lot for your words guys :) We appreciate it very much.

@Alex72: Would you be so kind to document that manual installation method for shortcuts, -mod= line etc etc, somewhere in our wiki?

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_I_install_ACE2_and_related_mods.3F

This way we, and anyone else can link to these instructions. I would highly recommend using the Six Updater, or any other launcher, instead of manual screwing around with shortcuts though.

Maybe that could be included aswell :)

Sounds really good..

questions for you to, do you run tests on dedicated servers with the scripts and functions?.

ive been trying LOBL and LAOL (in current version).. and the designator from the AH1 and AH64, works pretty well in a Selfhosted MP game.. but when put on our deticated, missiles just fly straight, and ignore any laser, lock that we have.

Generally all our components are designed to be MP compatible specifically, there are actually times where SP compatibility is in question :P

However, with all the work / testing / fixing going on on the Missile Guidance systems, this was primairly done in SP.

Last night i've setup a deddy, with 1 client (myself). I've setup a mission with AH1Z, player as gunner, ai as Pilot. AI was leader.

The vehicle was not local to me (especially took this situation).

We (yes, me and the AI... LOL) started inside the AH1Z, flying over water, near the airport of Utes.

I was able to successfully designate and hit targets or simply where I pointed my laser, on all modes, except LOAL-HI when the target was too close. (LOAL is even IRL no guarantee of lock btw)

(This is tested with the latest source, as of last night. Will be available tonight 18:00 GMT)

I will do more tests, with human players, and creating the chopper mid-mission, and getting into it etc. Maybe there are some issues there.

If you still have issues in the upcoming build I suggest we get you a debug version of missileguidance, if you'd then use that on server, and at least your and another client, then share us the rpt file, we should be able to fairly easy figure out what it exactly is that is going on :P

It's also quite important that all mods are up2date, for all clients and the server too, some forget to update CBA ;).

Edited by Sickboy

Well guys i have another question, sorry of my ignorance on this but what is the difference between the ACE BETA an the VANILLA i just install the beta.

Thanks....

the beta profile will update the ARMA2 BETA patches as well. The ACE2 content is identicle in both beta and vanilla profile.

please please please help me here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95574

Really? You just use this instead of 2 threads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchthreadid=92466

Seriously it takes much less time to get an answer. Just try a few different search criteria. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed plenty in this thread and possibly the "A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *1*!" thread.

Good luck.

Re Missile Guidance in MP:

I tested the following script in a mission init.sqf, in MP (dedicated server) on Utes:

http://www.pastie.org/836622

And am able to hit targets just like in SP. This is however with the latest code (released tonight 18:00 GMT), but afaik there are no new fixes for MP / locallity.

If anyone has issues, could test with that mission, and report results incl arma2.rpt, on the bugtracker. I think we can trace the issue.

Over at the bugtracker, when a user removed additional mods he was running, that included WarFXParticles, and some more, issues with missileguidance disappeared.

So incase of issues, we recommend only running with CBA/ACE/ACEX first (Make sure _ALL_ of them are up2date).

If the problems disappear, we can further trace where the incompatibility/issue comes from.

Edited by Sickboy