Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi, sorry I've been away for ages and am trying to update my ACE2, the only problem is I'm on a shared connection with limited downloads so I'm trying to use the least I possibly can here ;)

I downloaded the first ACE when it was released, but I'm not sure if it would use more or less to update from it or download the new full version. Any ideas on what I should do?

@LJF

I think just updating it to the latest would be better :) atleast you wouldnt have to DL the whole packages.

Thanks Ville, I'll probably do that tomorrow, that or whenever it finishes installing again, taking forever :(

Hi, sorry I've been away for ages and am trying to update my ACE2, the only problem is I'm on a shared connection with limited downloads so I'm trying to use the least I possibly can here ;)

I downloaded the first ACE when it was released, but I'm not sure if it would use more or less to update from it or download the new full version. Any ideas on what I should do?

uh well, you might as well just download the update via six updater. It'll grab all the updated files and not bother with anything that hasnt been changed. i mean, it cant be MORE than the entire package anyway, can it?

Hi,

is there any way to disable 'the wrong version' screen popping up when client and server differ in versions of ACE2?

There is a server I like to play at, but it is being updated not very often so when I connnect to it and go for a mission, there goes a pop up screen every couple of secs saying there is a difference in ACE2 versions between me and server. This is too disturbing to continue the gameplay, I would like to get rid of this annoying reminder.

Hi,

is there any way to disable 'the wrong version' screen popping up when client and server differ in versions of ACE2?

There is a server I like to play at, but it is being updated not very often so when I connnect to it and go for a mission, there goes a pop up screen every couple of secs saying there is a difference in ACE2 versions between me and server. This is too disturbing to continue the gameplay, I would like to get rid of this annoying reminder.

No you can't. Is there for a reason.

if you want to play on that particular server, just update on the same time it does. No one is forcing you use 6th updater each 2 days

That's because the Apache uses fire and forget missiles while Cobras use laser guided hellfires, which have to be designated with the onboard laser by the gunner.

So how do you get around this? The human has to take gunner position? If this is a realism thing I think there should be switch to turn it on or off. I might be in the minority, but single player Warfare with ACE would be much more fun if the pilot could assign targets. To keep it real perhaps a system where the AI gunner can assign targets and create shoot lists? Though perhaps not possible with ArmA script?

King Homer a long solution (and dangerous as you have to press keys in flight) :) is to assign the target using [F1]>[2]>Target . Well at least it use to work. Its basically telling your AI to target something.

Love the MOD these comments are minor compared to the fun.!!

Edited by mazza

Hi,

If you are (1) using Addonsync to update your ACE AND (2) that server offers an ACE AddonSync Repository, you can sync-up with that server and play there.

This should roll you back to the same version that server has.

OR

Even if you are using 6-updater to update your ACE, IF that server offers a YAS Repo, you can download that version of ACE to a separate location from that repo using AddonSync so that you can have ACE in your ARMA2 folder and a diff version of ACE pack somewhere else. All you need to do is to enter the full path to the -mod parameter in your start-up line.

6-updater does not have the roll-back option atm..

Edited by Cross

Does anybody else experiencing the surrender module not working with ACE mod?

Does anybody else experiencing the surrender module not working with ACE mod?

Yeah, I have been unable to get it to work. Haven't tried it in vanilla though, so I don't know if it's an ACE thing.

Well it must be, because AI doesn't surrender with GL4 for me either

Edit: Surrender works without ACE for me, but not with ACE

Edited by Banderas

There should be nothing in ACE interfering with BI SRRS module. I don't know with GL4, best to check with SNKMan to see if there are known issues.

Make sure you have the latest versions of all the Mods.

If issues persist, please create a bug report; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki/Bugz

Does it work with CBA mod only ? (so without ace/acex)

Also let us know which modules you have enabled.

@Version checking system

Altough it is extremely recommended to all play on the same version in the server, there have been improvements to the CBA versioning system that allow server admins to specify how many parts of the Version Numbers, per mod, must match.

This is however, mostly intended for testing and development purposes.

@MissileGuidance

There's multiple tickets about it and it has been mentioned more often in the News Release Notes.

Edited by Sickboy

Well it must be, because AI doesn't surrender with GL4 for me either

Edit: Surrender works without ACE for me, but not with ACE

Did you turn off the GL4 Surrender option in the settings .sqfs? Some where in one of them is an option for surrendering. If you have the GL4 and BIS surrendering together, I'm wondering whether that would cause a conflict. To be honest, I've rarely ever seen the BIS surrender module work with or with out ACE2 even though I put it into most of my missions. But the other day I noticed and heard an enemy AI surrender using GL4. I was using with ACE2 as well but had no surrender module on the map.

OK, tried it, I have Surrender module on the map, and for quicker results I set enemy's allowfleeing to 1.

CBA only; units are surrendering after some time

With CBA,ACE: enemy are running around like headless chicken, resist surrender

Edited by Banderas

To be honest, I've rarely ever seen the BIS surrender module work with or with out ACE2 even though I put it into most of my mission.

You must really track them down a fair distance so that they surrender, 90% of the time if you have friendly AI with you they'll shot them way before they surrender

OK, tried it, I have Surrender module on the map, and for quicker results I set enemy's allowfleeing to 1.

CBA only; units are surrendering after some time

With CBA,ACE: enemy are running around like headless chicken, resist surrender

Thanks. Odd. Could you please move away all ACE_C_AI_**** addons, and retry? Hopefully we can track it down to AI settings.

Thanks. Odd. Could you please move away all ACE_C_AI_**** addons, and retry? Hopefully we can track it down to AI settings.

Will do. In the meantime, ticket created on dev-heaven.

Will do. In the meantime, ticket created on dev-heaven.

Thanks lets track it there please.

Ok, so after a few tests I concluded that the AI is reluctant to surrender to non "default" units, the strange things I experienced with Surrender module on map, allowfleeing set to 1 for enemy

-chasing a few infantry with an Abrams;

*vanilla: fleeing then surrender

*CBA: same result

*CBA+ACE: same result

*CBA+ACE+ACEX: AI did not surrender only after I've turned out :confused:

-chasing infantry with CDF T-72A

*CBA+ACE+ACEX: although took much longer than normally, AI at least surrendered when cornered.

-also tried with M2 Bradley; no surrender, and with LAV-25; AI surrendered

Is that possible that Surrender module does not work with 3rd party addons? Then I should move the ticket to A2 bugtracking?

Edited by Banderas

Are there plans to add other HK 416 models (aimpoints, ACOGs, M203s)?

You dont even read some posts above you before posting? Sigh...

The post above me has nothing to do with my question, so....

I have no ideal what a "heli system" is suppose to be, but I know the hellfire missles don't seem to want to lock on most servers, though I did see it working the other day without Mando, so I dunno.

Edited by callihn
Typo, LOL?

Just wait for Operation Arrowhead and proper FLIR. The current stuff is just a placeholder.

When is Operation Arrowhead due? Is it like any day now?

Judging by the lack of information about that title, I say no. I don't expect to see it within the next ~6 months

But this is offtopic, keep discuss about ACE mod please

(sorry for OFF)

hey say i wanted to use the new desert USMC units on a desert map for the ambient combat module. where can i find a list of the unit group to put in the init.sqf file? like for which units to spawn?

does anyone know? i want to replace all that spawns for USMC with everything for the Desert USMC for a Desert map