Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

is it nessecairy to update and install mods (sixupdater) whit your firewall down?

i installed ace mod etc everything looks fine only when i go multiplayer i get that anoying message (downloadeble contend ....) hate that

or do i have to manually place them plz help

thx

I've just realised my Ace key isn't working ingame, although its working in Windows and bound in the config. Anyone any ideas?

class ace_sys_interaction
   {
       class Interaction_Menu
       {
           key = 220;    // win l
           shift = 0;    
       };
   };

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

NVM, this sorted it for me

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-general-discussion/155254-getting-started-contact-admin-all-important-arma2-info.html#post1430590

Hopefully it'll help someone else by posting it here

Hi!

Finally got ACE up and working, it's awesome. But are all the radiochatter(orders/status etc.) supposed to be muted?

You can update now. ;)

lol i wouldnt untill he posts u seen what happened monday 3 hotfixes lol

Which preset config are we supposed to select for this latest update?

Which preset config are we supposed to select for this latest update?

Just hit execute if you've already dl'd the mod. If not the ACE2 one.

Just use the Six- Console that came with the six updater if you've already DL'd the mod.

Just use the Six- Console that came with the six updater if you've already DL'd the mod.
It's preset on ACE Mod (Vanilla), I thought maybe I should pick beta.

EDIT: I just hit Execute and it seems to be rollin' - thx

Edited by Bunkers

It's preset on ACE Mod (Vanilla), I thought maybe I should pick beta.

I think that's in case you use the updater to start the game. I have the beta as well and still use that same one. No problems here.

Presets (Click on the list of mods to expand the lists)

Vanilla will pick ArmA 2 whichever full patch you've installed, current version is 1.05.

Beta will pick ArmA 2, Latest Beta Patch (v1.06 beta atm), and also keep the beta mod folder up2date in the future.

The preset will determines which mods, how Shortcuts are made, and how the updater starts the game. etc.

Edited by Sickboy

I've just realised my Ace key isn't working ingame, although its working in Windows and bound in the config. Anyone any ideas?

class ace_sys_interaction
   {
       class Interaction_Menu
       {
           key = 220;    // win l
           shift = 0;    
       };
   };

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

NVM, this sorted it for me

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-general-discussion/155254-getting-started-contact-admin-all-important-arma2-info.html#post1430590

Hopefully it'll help someone else by posting it here

Yeah I had the same problem. If you have a " English (US) 104-key " keyboard (scroll to the botom of the ace_keys.hpp file to realize the diffrent keyboard assignments) the L windows key is # 219. So, just change the 220 to 219 it should work as the interaction button in game.

Reference post below;

I have the same issue with the "Left Windows Key". Although I have bound it, the interface still will not work I changed the setting in the "ace_keys.hpp" in both the \@ACE\userconfing and \userconfig\@ACE folders. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

***********************SOLUTION TO THE LEFT WINDOWS KEY ISSUE****************************************

In the ace_keys.hpp file there are two keyboard configurations and "L windows key" is assigned to 220 by default in a 104 keyboard configuration the "L windows key" is assigned to 219.

If you are using a "English (US) 104-key" key board then change the Interaction key to 219 as show below

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 219; // win l

shift = 0;

};

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.266

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

x\cba\addons\COMPONENT_F\flexiMenu\fnc_keydown.sqf not found

got this after updating. What's wrong? :confused:

"The changeable glasses feature is turning my face into the default arma face. I have added my profile name in the arma2/userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp but the feature does not work any one else having this problem?

Thanks "

Still having the same issue any one found a solution?

Thanks Sickboy for fixing up the Hellfires, much appreciated. :)

Glad to hear them hellfires are working better ;-)

x\cba\addons\COMPONENT_F\flexiMenu\fnc_keydown.sqf not found

got this after updating. What's wrong? :confused:

Sounds like you have multiple CBA versions installed possibly, please verify only 1 (@CBA\Addons) is active, and that there are no CBA_ addons in any other loaded addons folders.

Otherwise double check your Virtual Store, remove any Arma related files if present, and rerun the updater.

Edited by Sickboy

Yeah I had the same problem. If you have a " English (US) 104-key " keyboard (scroll to the botom of the ace_keys.hpp file to realize the diffrent keyboard assignments) the L windows key is # 219. So, just change the 220 to 219 it should work as the interaction button in game.

Reference post below;

I have the same issue with the "Left Windows Key". Although I have bound it, the interface still will not work I changed the setting in the "ace_keys.hpp" in both the \@ACE\userconfing and \userconfig\@ACE folders. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

***********************SOLUTION TO THE LEFT WINDOWS KEY ISSUE****************************************

In the ace_keys.hpp file there are two keyboard configurations and "L windows key" is assigned to 220 by default in a 104 keyboard configuration the "L windows key" is assigned to 219.

If you are using a "English (US) 104-key" key board then change the Interaction key to 219 as show below

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 219; // win l

shift = 0;

};

tried 219 220 221 none work for me, currently reinstalling the game in the vein hope it was there was another profile on my machine:o

Hello guys

I needed a help here, how to use the laser designator system for the AH-64D Longbow Apache, which has seen several of these, but I'm not sure how usable, I tried the TAB key does not put the lock, I tried to right MOUSE and nothing.

I have looked at every forum and could not find ... (nob mode = on)

Need some tips, if not asking too much.

Ps. I'm using the Arma 2 + ACE2 Last version. (xxx.260)

Big hug.

"The changeable glasses feature is turning my face into the default arma face. I have added my profile name in the arma2/userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp but the feature does not work any one else having this problem?

Thanks "

Still having the same issue any one found a solution?

I have the same problem, i use a camo face:

Face96_camo2

With the latest version, there are no actors' labels any more.

Tested with Scanning_Method = 2;

When i point at a squad member his name or class shows up.

How do i turn that off?

~S~

i was never able to find the solution to this question.

Does anyone care to offer a quick fix?

PLEASE?