Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Thanks for paying the extra attention to the Missile Guidance sickboy. I appreciate that it's a small part of a very large, complex and demanding mod. Passionate to get them working well, as flying helo's is why I play arma :)

I will download the update tonight and have another play. I've been exclusively trying the missiles in Xeno's Domination v1.34 (from memory) with a AH-64 and AH-1Z added at start. I will ensure all my other mods are disabled, and see if I can get ACE working on a simple mission in the editor to test on our dedi-box too.

~Z~

Removing mods made no difference for me.

All I had was @CBA & @ACE

I had 1 hit out of 8 missiles fired and that tank just drove off as if nothing had happened.

I'm sorry to say this after all the hard work you guys have put in but

"please don't take offence"

going back to basic ArmA with no mods was nice....not realistic....but nice to fire a Hellfire and have it actually hit something.

It's not 18:00 GMT yet is it GTO :)

Your RPT, and proper report is missing though. Could be virtually anything :)

Thank you for your great work, but...

With ACE mod there is no balance between the sides.

You've added (And adding now) many weapons and several vehicles to blufor, but You have forgot about redfor (Several weapons of USSR, which are not in use now, is not n argument).

You've added BMD-1. It was in army of the USSR in 1969! Russian army uses BMD-4M now.

Can't you add some russian weapons (which are in use now, http://world.guns.ru/assault/as00-e.htm will provide more information about all old and new weapons of all types) so the game would be much more interesting?

Balance isn't in the game or mods, it's in the missions.

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Goals_and_Scope_of_ACE

We're not forgetting anything. We add what we can, and otherwise are reliant on community donations (BMD-4, other vehicles and weapons; welcome).

Besides, there's a nice surprise for you guys in tonight's release.

Edited by Sickboy

Is the guidance problem affecting the javelin? There may be a problem there. Need to test more to confirm.

Tested some more and there is a change that has occurred. The Javelin does not do the high angle of attack anymore. Its as if it is on manual guidance like a TOW. There is a new site in the system now but no confirmation of lock. I tested by simply putting a tank on one end of the runway on Utes and me on the other. The site lines the tube up horizontally like an at4 so the missile comes out low. If you raise the tube it flies high and over the target.

Edited by gunterlund21

Thank you for your great work, but...

With ACE mod there is no balance between the sides.

You've added (And adding now) many weapons and several vehicles to blufor, but You have forgot about redfor (Several weapons of USSR, which are not in use now, is not n argument).

You've added BMD-1. It was in army of the USSR in 1969! Russian army uses BMD-4M now.

Can't you add some russian weapons (which are in use now, http://world.guns.ru/assault/as00-e.htm will provide more information about all old and new weapons of all types) so the game would be much more interesting?

Oooh I was gonna jump on this but after I saw it was his 1st post. My apologies bud, post removed.

I'm curious to see what the new missile system will look like, pretty damn exciting. But I am tremendously sad that my all time favorite, MMA, may have to go to the wayside. Hopefully it doesn't but if so, maybe Mando can figure something out that will override the ACE2 version. I know I haven't seen it yet but MMA has really grown on me.

Hooray for the script suite version though! I wouldn't have to give up everything else in MMA if necessary! T n' A!!! :)

Is the guidance problem affecting the javelin? There may be a problem there. Need to test more to confirm.

Tested some more and there is a change that has occurred. The Javelin does not do the high angle of attack anymore. Its as if it is on manual guidance like a TOW. There is a new site in the system now but no confirmation of lock. I tested by simply putting a tank on one end of the runway on Utes and me on the other. The site lines the tube up horizontally like an at4 so the missile comes out low. If you raise the tube it flies high and over the target.

I cant replicate this. Just tested it and it seems to work perfectly fine for me.... I get lock confirmation on regular and veteran difficulty, no visual sign of a lock on expert mode, but the missile flies correctly and hits the target in all cases. Tube angle looks good too.

How far away is the target?

Edit: just read it was opposite ends of a runway, same as in my test...

And are you using any other addons?

Edited by TimRiceSE

You may want to check this thread, I believe I saw this discussed in the past. I think the high angle needs to have a "heat source on" so to speak. In other words the targeted vehicle needs to have the engine running to use the top attack mode.

I saw this a while back but still haven't tested it yet. I probably should though cause I've been wondering if the top attack works for a long while. All I know is that if I place a bunch of Empty Armour on a test map the top attack has never works. Thus I kinda suspect what I read earlier is really the case but that's just speculation on my part.

Sorry I couldn't provide more concrete information.

Edited by Manzilla

You may want to check this thread, I believe I saw this discussed in the past. I think the high angle needs to have a "heat source on" so to speak. In other words the targeted vehicle needs to have the engine running to use the top attack mode.

I saw this a while back but still haven't tested it yet. I probably should though cause I've been wondering if the top attack works for a long while. All I know is that if I place a bunch of Empty Armour on a test map the top attack has never works. Thus I kinda suspect what I read earlier is really the case but that's just speculation on my part.

Sorry I couldn't provide more concrete information.

I just tested using an "Empty" T90, managed to lock and hit without a problem. I do recall the discussion youre talking about though, seems to be "fixed"....

I just tested using an "Empty" T90, managed to lock and hit without a problem. I do recall the discussion youre talking about though, seems to be "fixed"....

Beautiful to hear, thanks for the info. I'll check it out again. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since I've tried it.

It's not 18:00 GMT yet is it GTO :)

Your RPT, and proper report is missing though. Could be virtually anything :)

OK I'll keep my fingers crossed that 18:00 brings a nice surprise. :yay:

Besides, there's a nice surprise for you guys in tonight's release.

Sounds intriguing :)

However, I'll wait for the hotfixed version ;) :D

for you not enough weapons for the West? need more?

Yes. Yes, we do need more. :)