Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

ACE_G3A3 worked, the other didn't. Anyone got the right classname for the G3A3 SG1 and the magazines?

Cheers.

Per the acex_c_weapon\config.hpp it's:

ACE_G3A3

And

ACE_G3SG1

I have another problem though
Hey W0lle,

Please grab the latest updater setup: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

After installation, run the GUI, reset the skip status: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Documentation#Reset-skip-status

And execute. It should repair updater-managed modfolders, if they require it.

If that doesn't help, please leave us a ticket.

:thumbs-up:

Cheers mate, fixed now. :)

Hi guys

im using sjb's sas troops, the ace version in missions, and want to add additional kit, i can get them wearing the rucks and because they already have invisable rucks i can add all the kit i need

but.. if i use a different model i want to be able to pack the rucks with the kit, ive looked at the ace files and usage list but still dont understand how to do this. my scripting stops at adding lines to init box of the unit.

so in short

1 how do i add a ruck and have it preloaded with kit

2 have an additional weapon on back ie; sniper with a .50 carrying, say an ump45 on back?

My aim is to have different load outs for different missions, sniper with rifle,smallarm and kit in ruck, clays,M86pdm's C4 ect, to recon or assault gasmasks flashbangs cs satchels etc.

help in this would be great.

thanks

Hey guys,

Quick question, how do I load M2 magazines into the M2? I put down the M3 tripod yesterday, mounted the M2 on it, and then I couldn't figure out how to load the magazines into the M2. When I went up to it there was no option to load belt or anything, and I couldn't put gear into it like it was a vehicle.

Hi guys

im using sjb's sas troops, the ace version in missions, and want to add additional kit, i can get them wearing the rucks and because they already have invisable rucks i can add all the kit i need

but.. if i use a different model i want to be able to pack the rucks with the kit, ive looked at the ace files and usage list but still dont understand how to do this. my scripting stops at adding lines to init box of the unit.

so in short

1 how do i add a ruck and have it preloaded with kit

2 have an additional weapon on back ie; sniper with a .50 carrying, say an ump45 on back?

My aim is to have different load outs for different missions, sniper with rifle,smallarm and kit in ruck, clays,M86pdm's C4 ect, to recon or assault gasmasks flashbangs cs satchels etc.

help in this would be great.

thanks

BIKI: ;)

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Mission_Editors_4

Also in @ACE2\store there's an archive with the functions in it. It's in there as well.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Hey guys,

Quick question, how do I load M2 magazines into the M2? I put down the M3 tripod yesterday, mounted the M2 on it, and then I couldn't figure out how to load the magazines into the M2. When I went up to it there was no option to load belt or anything, and I couldn't put gear into it like it was a vehicle.

Walk up to it and hit the interaction key. (L win key by default) If you don't have that then change the keys in the ace_key.hpp per the instructions around here somewhere.

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Crew_Served_Weapons

There are some reports of problems with the MPMissions included with @ACE.

Please find the attached MPMissions archive in the following ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9279

They will be included in a future update.

oohh just a quick question; is the rangefinder (the binocular looking thing) broken or something?

how did it work? D:

oohh just a quick question; is the rangefinder (the binocular looking thing) broken or something?

how did it work? D:

I think you need the proper batteries for it and press "R" so batteries get "loaded" into it. :)

Cheers for the update ACE team. :)

Will the heavy AP rounds impact rounds be fixed or isnt it possible? I ask here because i ticketed it long time ago and spoke to tpm about it. Updates since the first one have passed (ACEX_SM) and its still not fixed.

The Bradleys M242 AP rounds impact sounds onto other vehicles/metal are completelly silent even though the HE ammo has that awesome heavy impact sound (should be on both HE and AP as in ACE1). Just trying to help guys. :)

Brit:

I just posted a number of pre-done inits for loading up units in the editor. I have them organized by type of unit (rifleman, sniper, CQB, MG, etc), most with rucks preloaded, and a number of plug-and-play parts to make it easy to use.

Simply copy to a .txt file and you're good to go!

Check here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95842

Edited by b0dey
addition

@Alex: Probably not before the stable v1.0 release but hopefully in the next weeks.

I think you need the proper batteries for it and press "R" so batteries get "loaded" into it. :)

Some items need correct batteries first? Really? I'm all for realism, and I understand ACE2 aims for MP realism over every other consideration, but I don't see the gameplay benefit of correct batteries for items. Anyone have a rationale?

Some items need correct batteries first? Really? I'm all for realism, and I understand ACE2 aims for MP realism over every other consideration, but I don't see the gameplay benefit of correct batteries for items. Anyone have a rationale?

Battery takes inventory spaces and may eventually become less "forever" and more "oh snap out of juice".

I press R and nothing happens.. i even updated! D: im riddled.. it used to work perfectly..

The "Loading" of batteries afaik is to get the effect of turning the device on and off. Batteries run out at some point :)

I'm unsure what was meant with the "proper" batteries though, maybe there's more than 1 battery atm but that probably be a bug.

I press R and nothing happens.. i even updated! D: im riddled.. it used to work perfectly..

Odd. Just started a mission, myself a rifleman, an ACE special weapons box.

A T90 on my right. I took the GLTDII soflam from the box, I received 2 batteries.

I selected the soflam, right clicked to bring up the 'scope'. pressed R to 'load' the batteries.

I aimed at the T90, left clicked, laser dot appeared and all the bells and whistles for rangefinding are working, the T90 turns towards me and fires smoke... Shtora ;)

If you keep having issues please create a ticket with rpt and mission if possible: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy

Our models don't have rotor folding animation yet.

Thanks

Is there something different about the cobra now that stops the original animation from working?

Did you update the .hpp files in userconfig\ACE. The LD and RF work fine. Either you're doing something wrong or your set-up ain't right.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

It's more realistic than the way vanilla A2 has it. At least these batteries work. They just add a purpose to the batteries. They are all ready there why not make em work. Plus there's a ruck system now so space can be less of an issue in many circumstances.

Edited by Manzilla

Battery takes inventory spaces and may eventually become less "forever" and more "oh snap out of juice".
The "Loading" of batteries afaik is to get the effect of turning the device on and off. Batteries run out at some point.

So basically it's "ammo" for non-weapon equipment? OK :)

It's more realistic than the way vanilla A2 has it. At least these batteries work. They just add a purpose to the batteries. They are all ready there why not make em work. Plus there's a ruck system now so space can be less of an issue in many circumstances.

Unless I opt out of the fatigue system, whereupon batteries suddenly become rather huge :D

Although it's not my work, I can't say I see much gameplay point to it. I have accepted though that some features of ACE2 exist purely because they exist :D and in any case I don't really make use of that equipment so any further comment would only be recreational nitpicking ;)

I'm unsure what was meant with the "proper" batteries though, maybe there's more than 1 battery atm but that probably be a bug.

SB, different Laser Rangerfinders use different Batteries...

2CR5 for the Vector and BA5590 for the GLTDII ;):D

The reason for 2 batteries is that we have two devices that now use batteries. For a while we had a generic battery that was MUCH larger/heavier than the actual battery used in the Vector 21 and too small/light for the SOFLAM. Even the the intro campaign for A2 a soldier comments on how heavy a SOFLAM is - this is due to it using a radio pack battery to drive a relatively high-power laser.

If we'd stuck with a generic battery, someone would have griped ( rightly ) that we were cheating users of the Vector 21 and not loading down the users of the SOFLAM enough. If we'd not used batteries at all someone would have complained about how those items unrealistically run forever.

In the end - you never can make everyone happy.

Let's just move on to some other topic than the batteries.

The reason for 2 batteries is that we have two devices that now use batteries. For a while we had a generic battery that was MUCH larger/heavier than the actual battery used in the Vector 21 and too small/light for the SOFLAM. Even the the intro campaign for A2 a soldier comments on how heavy a SOFLAM is - this is due to it using a radio pack battery to drive a relatively high-power laser.

If we'd stuck with a generic battery, someone would have griped ( rightly ) that we were cheating users of the Vector 21 and not loading down the users of the SOFLAM enough. If we'd not used batteries at all someone would have complained about how those items unrealistically run forever.

Well it still sounds like a solution in search of a problem to me :D but I take the point.

In the end - you never can make everyone happy.

Indeed :) but it's still interesting to discuss. Well, for me anyway ;)