Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Just wanted to experience ACE2 after a difficult installation. Some addon soldiers with g36k gun in my testmission now don't have ammo on mission start. I don't understand why ACE2 interferes with that?

Is there not a way to simply connect with rsync client to a rsync server and sync/download without bothering with all this six sense updater stuff?

Just wanted to experience ACE2 after a difficult installation. Some addon soldiers with g36k gun in my testmission now don't have ammo on mission start. I don't understand why ACE2 interferes with that?
Please ticket the issue, if possible with your testmission, and it will be resolved before you know it:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

Did your soldiers have STANAG magazines?

G36s can't use STANAG magazines, so they don't in ACE.

Sorry, the Video Guide was incomplete, and has now been monkey patched!

Proper fix asap.

Explains a few things ...

ACE2 Mod Updater - How To (1/3)

nGZWMlDlXbU

ACE2 Mod Updater - How To (2/3) - Missing footage

Follow steps 6-10: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart

Video up asap.

ACE2 Mod Updater - How To (3/3)

ZXqe1DzGfH8

a quick question when useing Yoma Addon, I see it downloads the Rsync folders along with the addon folders & all the PBO's. Now my question is can I just run the @ACE>.rsync>Addons like that or do I have to take the addon folders out and make it @ace Addons Etc etc?

I'm currently getting 5-15 KB/s with the updater. :(

Still slooooooowly downloading at ~10 KB/s, which is about 1% of my capacity. I guess I'll just leave it now and play tomorrow, but is there any way I can remedy this?

EDIT: Okay after searching the thread I see I'm not the only one. Guess the official mirror is taking the brunt of the downloads. Never mind, it should finish over night. :)

Edited by MadDogX

Tricky download process but well worth the effort :p

Alot of people here are repeating questions that have been answered so do yourselves a favor and do a quick skim of the thread to help with your problem.

Thanks guys, glad to have the rest of the day off and play with this new puppy -weapon deployment ftw!

That didn't help. There is a ACE and ACEX folder downloaded, but it doesn't get filled.

Inside is a folder called: .rsync

I am having the same issue, with the ACEX folder and the CBA folder, the ACE core folder installed fine it looks like.

a quick question when useing Yoma Addon, I see it downloads the Rsync folders along with the addon folders & all the PBO's. Now my question is can I just run the @ACE>.rsync>Addons like that or do I have to take the addon folders out and make it @ace Addons Etc etc?

Please note Im useing Alpine Stars launcher so it automatically detects the @ACE in my arma 2 folder. but My question is do I have to use the Six Updater after Im done downloading from YOMA or am I good to go?

Just as reminder, THE VIDEO GUIDE WAS INCOMPLETE, SORRY, FIXED:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1508112&postcount=357

Still slooooooowly downloading at ~10 KB/s, which is about 1% of my capacity. I guess I'll just leave it now and play tomorrow, but is there any way I can remedy this?

Get em here; http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2#Downloads

Step 2: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart

ya i dowloaded the .7z files and put the folders in the six updater

now when it asks me to edit them in the updater thing it says error 500

hi guys, i wonder if someone can please help. i am haviong trouble locking on to enemy vehicles when i am in the Harrier, im wondering how I can lock on.. like when we used to press tab?? not sure how now..

thanks.

Thats really funny and depressing at the same time, even me can't get it to work with the Six-updater.... (tried it at my two Brothers Machines and mine):

I followed it step-by-step like in the Videos from the first post, and like in those confusing guides (having to read 3 different sites/methods is quite confusing) but first i do have no username/password in the configuarations-bar, next when it then click on "synchronize" without any username/password, the log displayed below is just 1/3 the size of that presented in the video.

Then under "Main" i choose "beta" (why "beta" anyway? shouldn't it be Named "ACE" like it was in internal version ???) click on install&update as i always used too, but only a DOS box opens with it doing nothing, only like this as output:

Manager for:
<blank>
Processing:
<blank>
Postprocessing:
<blank>
Processing general tasks:
<blank>
Ready!
Presss Enter to Exit!

I'm sorry to say this, but this is really not good enough prepared for a public release, its a real struggle to get it to work that way, while it could be much more easy (Internal Six-Updater for Alpha/Beta Testing showed this clearly to me IMHO) :(

I'll better stick with the older Six Updater version from internal alpha/beta testing then, this older version ran and still runs out-of-the-box without me ever needed anything to set-up/change/enter/whatever ;):)

I hope this won't produce any problems....

Please note Im useing Alpine Stars launcher so it automatically detects the @ACE in my arma 2 folder. but My question is do I have to use the Six Updater after Im done downloading from YOMA or am I good to go?

Has someone put up an addonsync mirror allready?

NICE :D

Because ACe is updated daily. You don´t want to download the whole mod every day, don´t you? Once you´ve comprehend the Updater it will be a really easy thing to use

First point.

I have been faced with 3 different problems while trying to make this tool to work and its still not working. That is simply unacceptable.

Second.

We don't want daily updates, because that will make too many jobs to do on the client side to keep up to date.

Third.

If you really needed to update this mod daily then, why couldn't you use Yoma Addon Sync?

The user interface of that tool is much friendlier then MS DOS command window, and most of all - it works.

Forth.

You surely DID think about overseas users who are not so good at reading and understanding English as well as even understanding how MOD folders work. Needless to say, they don't have the time to even understand the need of an updater.

Conclusion.

Please please please make alternative ways to download the mod, without using the SIX updater and make it simple for those who doesn't have time to waste by trying to make something work which are too much for their hands.

Please.

And thanks in advance.

I haven't forgotten the respects for those who made this mod.

mr-g-c: As a tester, there isn't (wasnt) anything you needed to do.

ya i dowloaded the .7z files and put the folders in the six updater

now when it asks me to edit them in the updater thing it says error 500

help me

I am having the same issue, with the ACEX folder and the CBA folder, the ACE core folder installed fine it looks like.

I had the same, try to start the six update program again but press '2' this time. Worked fine for me.

Just as reminder, THE VIDEO GUIDE WAS INCOMPLETE, SORRY, FIXED:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1508112&postcount=357

I had the same, try to start the six update program again but press '2' this time. Worked fine for me.

Also documented as the so called "Lazy way": http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Edited by Sickboy

Manager for:
<blank>
Processing:
<blank>
Postprocessing:
<blank>
Processing general tasks:
<blank>
Ready!
Presss Enter to Exit!

If you follow the quickstart guide or the amended video tutorial, you won't have this problem.

Has someone put up an addonsync mirror allready?

NICE :D

That is just because me(and KH) loves you ;)

@Drew, you don't need to use the updater, you are ready to go.

We kept the rsynk in order to let you decide after the first big pack download if you want to keep updating via yoma (which is in itself linked to an updater) or via your own client side updater (you will need to set it up like everyone else though beforehand)