Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I just want to know where to found the mod in a "normal" plain mod format.

I don't want to use any loader or updater by choice and some people around are feeling the same.

I just want one reliable source for I have already spent hours downloading/uploading files corruped from DevHeaven ... and I don't like the feeling .... :banghead:

Why don't you just download the normal way then? http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE2#Downloads

Download issues with Mod releases is far from uncommon, especially with these sizes and amount of (apparantly) interestees.

Already explained our reasons, technical and otherwise (Feel free to readup), anyone is free to distribute the mod in an alternative method, it just isn't going to be me.

So where does one find the official rsync server information to download/sync the ACE2 directories onto a server simply using rsync client without having to use the whole six sense modified rsync updater or whatever it is? Or are the servers listed in the config files the only ones available?

PS - congrats on the beta release!

Edited by Bob.Dob

The gas needs more umph. Too easy to see and fight when its affecting you - more effects of blur etc needed. Very neat though. :)

When gasmask is on we cant see the cycling of weapons. So if you have handgrenade, smoke and gas you dont know wich is wich. Mask blocks the text top right. I guess one has to toggle gas and have it ready and then put mask on while the other protects the thrower so it works.

Im very impressed so far.

Congrats ACE team, a job well done!

Unfortunately, i'am really retarded because i can't figure out the sync for the life of me haha!

Glad some people are able to enjoy this godly mod! Thanks again!

Edit: Sorry i thought i included my prob when i posted :P

I get hung up after going through all the process in the video when i click execute on the web and the third DOS Window appears but nothing else happens no downloading- nata last line says Please press ENTER to exit?

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Hello ,i've installed the ACE2mod as told,but when i want to start it, i get the following error: error compiling pixel shader PSTreeADV:0

and Arma 2 wont start up with the ACE2 mod

Does anyone here know what kind of error this is,what it means and how i can clear it?

Hello ,i've installed the ACE2mod as told,but when i want to start it, i get the following error: error compiling pixel shader PSTreeADV:0

and Arma 2 wont start up with the ACE2 mod

Does anyone here know what kind of error this is,what it means and how i can clear it?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Error_compiling_pixel_shader

I have a problem with the downloader.

It says that the mod is already installed but the download doesn't start.

Here is a screenshot: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1935/38498645.jpg

The updater won't touch existing folders.

Remove your beta and @cba folders and run the updater again.

That didn't help. There is a ACE and ACEX folder downloaded, but it doesn't get filled.

Inside is a folder called: .rsync

Inside of this one: .repository.yml

config.yml

.pack

307 Byte total :confused:

Poor sickboy, i think it was less work and lower stress modding the tool and the mod than moderating this thread, hehe :) (wow 3x mod in one sentence)

Maybe in a few weeks you are able to play the mod then, after anwering all questions here.

Edited by Pain0815

Can someone please just mirror a normal modfolder, it's so much more simpler.

This. Especially for game servers with limited access.

Downloading regardless... :p

@Sickboy : I have downloaded wrong files from DevHeaven, published a wrong file on Armed Assault.info [ ...and that is making me angry], that's the reason why I am asking for reliable sources.

Poor sickboy, i think it was less work and lower stress modding the tool and the mod than moderating this thread, hehe :)

Maybe in a few weeks you are able to play the mod then, after anwering all questions here.

Hehe yep. Oh well. It's just the installation sequence. Once we're past installing ... Besides Playing ... Updates and additions will come.

The good stuff :)

Once more wanted to stress that anyone's welcome to supply alternative methods of download, it could be supported in free but not officially.

Once you've been with us for 14 days of updates, you'll understand why :D

Posting again as some seems to find it more user friendly. It's basically the quickstart guide for Rsync thats on Dev-heaven.

----------------------------------------------

QuickStart

This is the easiest way of using the updater without getting lost within the menus or setup options.

First Run using WebUI:

1. Install the updater.

2. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it.

Setting-up

3. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

4. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

5. Click Settings in the submenu of Configuration and make sure updater correctly found & setup your Arma2 folder

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset (Vanilla should be OK) and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing. (You will need to add CBA, ACE, ACEX )

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Do the steps 3-8 for Beta Preset if you want to use beta with ACE as well.

Installing/Updating

11. Click on Main.

12. Select the Preset you edited (Vanilla/Beta), then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

13. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA without WebUI

1. Start the Updater and select item 2. This update all the mods you've setup.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA using WebUI

1. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it. It starts in the "Main" Screen

2. Select the preset you want to update (Vanilla or Beta)

3. Select Install/Update

4. Click Execute

Launch ArmA2 normally using shortcut / launcher. make sure you load the @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX modfolders.

****Note that you'll need to remove the CBA in your Arma2 folder and re-download with the updater for the first installation. So that you can update CBA later with the updater.

****If it is taking too long for you using FireFox. Fire up IE and enter http://localhost:16333. FF is unusable for me but it is running as it should using IE.

My Prob:

I get hung up after going through all the process in the video when i click execute on the web and the third DOS Window appears but nothing else happens no downloading- nata last line says Please press ENTER to exit?

It may have to do with steam? Anyone using steam run into any issues?

Hello!

I Downloaded all 3 7z Files (ACE, ACEX, CBA) copied in six-updater.

Then Synchronized like shown in the Video and under Main Install or Update by Beta

But nothings happens then only this:

unbenanntgzg1.png

What now?

Sickboy:

Is it possible to force English in ACE2 anyhow? I've got the Czech boxed copy of ArmA2 and I'm using a language mod that forces English on it, but ACE is still Czech. Any way to override this? If not, I'd really be happy for a ForceEnglish=1 option in the clientside config..

Man this mod is amazing ! I just discovred the context sensitive interactive menu !!! :eek:

nifty, huh? :)

What i'm missing here? i've installed the mod "manually" to build a guide for "uptader haters" :D

erroreh.jpg

EDIT: nvm got it to work, how stupid i am?

Edited by Uglyboy

Hello!

I Downloaded all 3 7z Files (ACE, ACEX, CBA) copied in six-updater.

Then Synchronized like shown in the Video and under Main Install or Update by Beta

But nothings happens then only this:

unbenanntgzg1.png

What now?

The videos seem to miss some keydetails and they have been forwarded to Rommel.

tried http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart ?

Same problem here.

Please give us alternative download links as there are too many people who can't get this updater to work.

I'll never understand why you guys choose to use this tool anyway...

Is there any way to change the localization? I'm one of those people that bought the game in german and uses a mod to change the language. ACE2 however, still detects my language as being german.

Same problem here.

Please give us alternative download links as there are too many people who can't get this updater to work.

I'll never understand why you guys choose to use this tool anyway...

Because ACe is updated daily. You don´t want to download the whole mod every day, don´t you? Once you´ve comprehend the Updater it will be a really easy thing to use