Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

In the module's init field type
this setVariable["NoHangar", true]

Thanks. Can't believe I didn't catch this. :(

Hi Sickboy.......I have a problem when i try to run Six Updater.

I press 1 and then Enter, the first page appears....no problem....but when the 2 page opens it stops when it says.........Rails 2.3.5. application starting on http://127.0.0.1:16333

and then an error page appears and it says : http://localhost:16333/main Application not found

Maybe im missing something..... i downloaded 2 files @ACE.7z and CBA_v0-2-0.zip and what should I do with them. Should I copy them in Program files/Six-Updater in zip format or should i decompressed them .

Correct me if Im wrong......The file ACEX.7z is only optional or should I downloaded too??

Sickboy.......i cant install it.......i was reading all the pages to find a solution and nothing works.......is there any other way to install it and have the updater working, because i dont want to download it every time there is an update.

I run the program, type in 21 and get the following -

WARNING: Please make sure anything ArmA related has been closed/shutdown including explorer windows, etc

ERROR: (Path to Six Updater Program)/six-updater.yml config missing!

As a fellow programmer, I can appreciate that you are trying to do, but at the same time, manual installations/updates seem about 10x more practical than this...

Hmm, for some reason I can't select the new grenades after downloading and installin ACEX. I can use normal HE grenades just fine. I can pick up flashbangs and tear gas but I cant select as a weapon or get an action for them. I'm sure I had them working not an hour ago...

@[DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Please select option 2 from the launcher, and try again.

It is. But it is module activated.

Actually it seems there's no morphine only bandages in the crates and soldiers doesn't fall in coma , is it normal ?

Also I can't get the SLAM to work I can put it down but no clue on how to detonate them.

And finaly there's a module called "Cserélhetö Fegyverzet Rendszer" what does it means ?

thx

happy to make it easy i dont like having to work extra hard download so many files i am been waiting for a long time for ace 2 and now i am goto make it easy as i can for others

in "AUTO CONFIG URL", check for addons and done!

And where abouts is that?

And where abouts is that?

click in "server"

Paste the URL in AUTO CONFIG URL

Click in Import Server

I run the program, type in 21 and get the following -

WARNING: Please make sure anything ArmA related has been closed/shutdown including explorer windows, etc

As a fellow programmer, I can appreciate that you are trying to do, but at the same time, manual installations/updates seem about 10x more practical than this...

Not with daily updates, and certainly not from our end of the pipeline :)

If you wanna jump straight to 21, first download config: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Oh yeah, I missed the web interface step...

This reminds me of setting up network printers with CUPS... I'd consider myself quite computer literate, and yet I find it all a bit overwhelming. I hate to imagine what average Joe Soap must think.

Edited by echo1

A bit of thoughts on the actual mod, its really good, backblast is a really sexy feature, means you have to be aware of whats going on around you and the stamina is cracking!

Keep it up Sickboy and friends!

@ sickboy, thanks for your rapid response to me, and many other community members issues.

My issue is sorted, thank god for this updater or I would have had to re-download the 600mb file.

for some reason I was missing 40 files from the ACEX file, perhaps my DL was interrupted, I was out of house at the time.

-Ziggy-;1508244']@ sickboy' date=' thanks for your rapid response to me, and many other community members issues.

My issue is sorted, thank god for this updater or I would have had to re-download the 600mb file.

for some reason I was missing 40 files from the ACEX file, perhaps my DL was interrupted, I was out of house at the time.[/quote']NP, I stand by my products, and so do the ACE Team Members for our mod.

I'm glad you already reap benefit from it. The benefit grows exponentially, every update you make, you've won even more bandwidth :)

Where you will be downloading a 1 MB patch, others that don't use the software are downloading 500 MB of changed files :)

Anyway, with the pub release out of the way, and after some moments of refreshment, I hope to jump on all reported updater issues, resolve them, and resolve user friendlyness overall.

That is the idea with Beta after all, isn't it ? :D

Edited by Sickboy

I very impressed with Ace2 The sheer volume of added items is fantastic. A quick question..there are 6(?) satchel charges...are they of different explosive content?

ya there is no file for me to delete

getting this message

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

Any response guys on the Key binding issues? I've changed the name to my profile name in the Ace_clientside_config, unbinded standard keys like "F" just to see if it would work but so far -no luck :(

Any response guys on the Key binding issues? I've changed the name to my profile name in the Ace_clientside_config, unbinded standard keys like "F" just to see if it would work but so far -no luck :(

You sure you're messing with the real config files? Userconfig\ACE ?

Have you tried rebinding anything in \userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp to see if other keys work?

SB beat me to it.

ya there is no file for me to delete

getting this message

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid

You running the software with right-click, run as administrator ? If not, please try

Thanks for that link to the yml file Sickboy... It's updating now and hopefully I should be able to play it soon.