Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

NEED help get an error while downloding says cant start beta arma 2.exe

WHY YOU MAKE IT SO FU*** COMPLICATED .

If you can't even write a polite sentence, how can you expect others to spend a loooooooot more time writing download systems?

Hey lads!

Thanks for releasing this great mod. Lol, we're having a great time on GOL trying to figure out the updater. I think Fisgas has jumped out of his window (He LOVES ACE and cant get it to work)

Vary nice congrats on the release. Could we see in an update to make it much easyer way of installing this. Like an all in one dl file then just run it. Would be nice ta have an easy way of this cause it is a lot to get it running.

Got to say takes the shine off he release for many people, i got it workig after hours of reading searching and downloading, Ace team have my respect for all the hard work and a great mod, but this way of distribution was a mistake and spoilt the release for many.

there are :

1. full pack mirrors

2. updater solution

3. yoma addons synk

so, there is all sort of distribution for everyone's taste

Wow , we are already at the 23rd page in less than 4 hours. :eek:

Then again, this is ACE 2 we are talking about! :D

Thank you to all those that participated in the development of this mod and for releasing the public beta: I'll be sure to test this mod thorougly.

Also:

:yay::icon_dj::yay:

Please keep an eye out for install/update procedures that do not complete succesfully, meaning you'll not have all files ;)

Therefore downloading the 7z files and following the guide to use the updater WITH the 7z files, especially in the load of the first public beta release of the mod, is a really good idea :)

Run the updater process again, it seems to have terminated early.

That's the problem, for example with ACEX it says this:

= @ACEX

Already installed, trying to update...

Updating, this might take a while, please wait.

Calculating checksums

Trying rsync://dev-heaven.net/rel/acex.

Verifying packed files...

Verifying unpacked files...

No updates found

Then the next time I run it, it says

Many files mismatched <some number, it varies>, running full update on .pack folder.

I'm not closing it early because it runs through then says "Press enter to close" or something like that stating that it's done.

Will cook up a solution soon for the User limit reached, but not trying other mirrors problem

there are :

1. full pack mirrors

2. updater solution

3. yoma addons synk

so, there is all sort of distribution for everyone's taste

If not done yet I suppose adding the Yoma AS to the ACE2 BIKI Downloads page might be useful.

I do hope y'all can keep up with our updates :D

In any case, we designed the systems with 3rd parties in mind, providing their favorite means of distribution, for the public that wants them.

I know the software isn't very userfriendly yet, but what it accomplishes is certainly worth it, you will see once we start roling out updates :)

I am working around the clock to fulfill everyones needs as best as I can though.

Got it working, thanks to the people who helped.

Mistake was that I didn´t input a server (You have to do this manually, it seems).

I am wondering, if the current Beta is already supposed to add new Units, or only add the new ACE features?

All Units are default right now, the @ACEX folder is empty after updating, and there are also no new sounds or visuals that I can discern. Is this correct, or did I make another mistake during updating?

Thanks in advance for the feedback, and sorry if this was stated somewhere before and I overread it.

I am wondering, if the current Beta is already supposed to add new Units, or only add the new ACE features?

All Units are default right now, the @ACEX folder is empty after updating, and there are also no new sounds or visuals that I can discern. Is this correct, or did I make another mistake during updating?

Thanks in advance for the feedback, and sorry if this was stated somewhere before and I overread it.

ACEX is our content addition mod. Please delete the folder and retry.

All features that should be present are described in links available in the first post of this thread.

Userconfig\ACE mate

@ACE\Userconfig are source files and should be left untouched ;)

Right-o

I was reading through the feature list and came across this:

There are a number of masks and eyewear you can use during gameplay. Using this feature requires some setup in the ACE user config.

* Balaklava.

* Gas Masks.

* Tactical googles. To protect you from dust kicked up by weapons fire or engine wash.

* Sunglasses.

Could you expand on how one would go about setting-up the eyewear/headgear?

can you tell me the servers this updater is trying to connect, to download the updates? As i dont have servers in presets by default

No problems at all with aquiring it. I'm on Linux so I just grabbed one of the traditional downloads, 45 mins and done! Couldn't be much easier.

In the spirit of user feedback:

I think that for those of us not interested in MP gameplay that a simple file download option would have been welcome. I'm not exactly thick, but this stuff doesn't come naturally to me and it's taken a long time for me to get anything downloading, and I'm not sure it's downloading the stuff I asked for, I think that because I had existing CBA and ACE folders already that they're not recognised as repositories and so no downloading is happening. However I am receiving ACEX stuff, which ironically is the stuff I'm less interested in :) (although I did choose it as part of the download). Also it seems that I'm going to have to fiddle the userconfig folder too.

So yeah. A simple file download option would have made this thread about 25% of it's current size ;)

Also, @Sickboy:

I am getting emails telling me there's something at ACE dev site for me to do, but I don't seem to have any access so I cannot do anything about it.

Just finished the download, when i try to run the game, as beta i get an erro "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Is this related to the beta patch?

Best regards

Edit:

Nvm, already fixed the problem. =)

Edited by anc

Sorry for what may be a trivial question, but I noticed in one download area that there was a specific CBA to download? The initial page doesn't specify what version of CBA (I assume the latest)?

As I already have that, I just want to confirm what version of CBA is required. :)

Thanks - sorry for any distraction on a rough-and-tumble day for ya'all :) with this and sincere thanks for this whole project!

Edit:

And on another trivial note, perhaps putting MD5s on the first post for the 7zip versions so we can check for any discrepency? :) Again, not a big deal, just an idea.

Edited by TRexian

OK all updatet now how run mode ??? ( onyl chose update install )

Got it working, thanks to the people who helped.

Mistake was that I didn´t input a server (You have to do this manually, it seems).

Be sure to confirm download size.

I had the same issue when I first tried, until I realized that I only had 76mb of the 500+mb ACEX file.

What I have done for flawless installation:

- download the 3 files

- run the sixth updater installer

- copy the 3 files into the update folder

- copy the "lazy" beta version yml file posted in this thread into the updater folder

- run the installer, option #2

- Change the generated shortcut to run beta\arma2.exe instead

Just finished the download, when i try to run the game, as beta i get an erro "Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0"

Is this related to the beta patch?

Best regards

I get a similar one saying:

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1"

EDIT

FIXED IF YOU ARE USING BETA YOU MUST CHANGE SHORTCUT:

the shortcut created is wrong, you need to change it from this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Edited by ahmedjbh

Even the help files are confusing.. I downloaded the 7z's but it looks nothing like a modfolder..