Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hi Sickboy.......I have a problem when i try to run Six Updater.

I press 1 and then Enter, the first page appears....no problem....but when the 2 page opens it stops when it says.........Rails 2.3.5. application starting on http://127.0.0.1:16333

and then an error page appears and it says : http://localhost:16333/main Application not found

Maybe im missing something..... i downloaded 2 files @ACE.7z and CBA_v0-2-0.zip and what should I do with them. Should I copy them in Program files/Six-Updater in zip format or should i decompressed them .

Correct me if Im wrong......The file ACEX.7z is only optional or should I downloaded too??

First Run using WebUI:

1. Install the updater.

2. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it.

Setting-up

3. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

4. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

5. Click Settings in the submenu of Configuration and make sure updater correctly found & setup your Arma2 folder

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset (Vanilla should be OK) and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing. (You will need to add CBA, ACE, ACEX )

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Do the steps 3-8 for Beta Preset if you want to use beta with ACE as well.

Installing/Updating

11. Click on Main.

12. Select the Preset you edited (Vanilla/Beta), then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

13. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA without WebUI

1. Start the Updater and select item 2. This update all the mods you've setup.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA using WebUI

1. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it. It starts in the "Main" Screen

2. Select the preset you want to update (Vanilla or Beta)

3. Select Install/Update

4. Click Execute

****Note that you'll need to remove the CBA in your Arma2 folder and re-download with the updater for the first installation. So that you can update CBA later with the updater.

****If it is taking too long for you using FireFox. Fire up IE and enter http://localhost:16333. FF is unusable for me but it is running as it should using IE.

For all who are having trouble with using the updater and getting the game to just simply work the above helped me out totally!! Thanks crawler75!!

Some things you must understand or do before you try and do this:

1. you must be using the beta patch for ARMA2

2. in the Properties of your Launch Arma 2 Beta Patch launch icon you MUST have this in the 'TARGET':

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=

**also for all of you with the texture problem make sure that in the properties of the Launch Arma 2 Beta Patch launch icon you have this in your 'TARGET'

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=

3. When you have that done then you can use the top instructions on how to use the updater properly.

just trying to help out

--- Once again thanks to ACE!

I'm playing on a server currently and most users are not aware that they have to edit:

userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp

(the userconfig folder is or should be in your main ArmA 2 folder.

You have to change name in

class Identity

to the exact ingame you use (profile).

Otherwise some features do not work !!!!!!!

Be sure to use the second class Identity, not the one that is commented out.

Xeno

Hi Sickboy.......I have a problem when i try to run Six Updater.

I press 1 and then Enter, the first page appears....no problem....but when the 2 page opens it stops when it says.........Rails 2.3.5. application starting on http://127.0.0.1:16333

and then an error page appears and it says : http://localhost:16333/main Application not found

You seem to do all just fine.

Does any of this apply to or help you ? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6600

or this: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6564

mr-g-c: As a tester, there isn't (wasnt) anything you needed to do.

Sure, but i have two brothers also :D...Always before i just copied my ACE folders over LAN to their PCs to get them updated, but they should be able to do that alone (i'm not their babysitter).

If you follow the quickstart guide or the amended video tutorial, you won't have this problem.

I did watched both Videos and did it actually exactly like he did it, step-by-step.... somehow i must have missed something, i'm watching it and trying it again now.... ;):)

First point.

I have been faced with 3 different problems while trying to make this tool to work and its still not working. That is simply unacceptable.

Second.

We don't want daily updates, because that will make too many jobs to do on the client side to keep up to date.

Third.

If you really needed to update this mod daily then, why couldn't you use Yoma Addon Sync?

The user interface of that tool is much friendlier then MS DOS command window, and most of all - it works.

Forth.

You surely DID think about overseas users who are not so good at reading and understanding English as well as even understanding how MOD folders work. Needless to say, they don't have the time to even understand the need of an updater.

Conclusion.

Please please please make alternative ways to download the mod, without using the SIX updater and make it simple for those who doesn't have time to waste by trying to make something work which are too much for their hands.

Please.

And thanks in advance.

I haven't forgotten the respects for those who made this mod.

I say it again. the first install of the updater is complicated, but ist really easy to use it. My daily update doesn´t take even a Minute and all I have to do is activate the updater. And if I see something thats wrong, I post it on dev Heaven and the next day its solved. (Thanks ACE Team for that)

Give the Updater a try, you will see it makes your life easier

I say it again. the first install of the updater is complicated, but ist really easy to use it. My daily update doesn´t take even a Minute and all I have to do is activate the updater. And if I see something thats wrong, I post it on dev Heaven and the next day its solved. (Thanks ACE Team for that)

Give the Updater a try, you will see it makes your life easier

Problem is that that updater refuses to work on some PCs.

Problem is that that updater refuses to work on some PCs.

this , the developers should not try and be so clever with auto updating tech and just stick to monthly updates with lots more content

I say it again. the first install of the updater is complicated, but its really easy to use it

Hi, i work developing software and imho the web panel method/design is a cardinal sin against god. Waaaay too over complicated and confusing for just download/update a folder or two. We are in 2009 people! a command line programa that launch a temporal web server just to set up a download method? l-o-l.

this , the developers should not try and be so clever with auto updating tech and just stick to monthly updates with lots more content

Calm down.

for all of you confused bunnies out there.

Thank you yoma & kelly's heroes! :d

thank you:D

and thank you ace team!!

AhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!! Now i get it, there was just a part missing - lol :p

I still had the page open where only the 2 Videos were listed....

Ok so you have to edit a preset and add the mods by hand from the ones available after synchro. Ok, but still a proper ACE2 Beta "preset/template" should have been delivered with the Six-Updater (like it was in the internal version i assume, after understanding how it works), that would have saved a lot of struggle and almost 3/4 of the posts in this topic. ;)

Maybe such a pre-configured preset for CBA/ACE/ACEX+beta can be delivered at a next update by default/integrated?

I'm sure the list of ACE2 installers/players will rise even after today :D

I moved the beta folder and let the suite DL it for me. On completion there was nearly nothing in it, even though the suite thought it was up to date. Im in the process of moving the stuff back and adding it to the newly created stuff in the beta folder. I have a suspicion that the suite also checks other places for the files? Is that possible?

~~ the first install of the updater is complicated ~~

That is the whole point of what I'm saying, its too complicated for those who don't understand anything of it.

There must be a better way to make EVERYONE happy. Or is it not intended to make everyone happy?

@Software programmer rant:

You write it :)

@mr.g-c

There's only so much I can do. If people would only realize that :)

Supply us with feedback and reports in the appointed issue tracker, and I'll see what I can do.

Probably also no realizing that it's not just the client-side software :)

The whole pipeline of ACE is AUTOMATED and connected to the updater process.

This is what I provide. I will support it and improve it.

And if anyone wants anything different, simple, THEY provide it :)

Edited by Sickboy

Hi !

For people who cant install with auto :

1 - Extract the .zip,

2 - go to @ACE>.rsync> and extract all the files. Now you have many files .pbo.

3 - just create a new folder with @ACE>addons (like every addons u have)

4 - extract and copy all the "userconfig" ace's files to your arma2>userconfig repertory (create a new folders "ACE")

Work perfectly...

But, i have my own problem. The ACEx file on armedassault.info are corrupted (dl twice to check), its normaly ? Do you have a link ?

Great great job guys ! Like ACE1, ACE2 are the best :)

yeah, the solution for those not willing or not able to understand the updater is to download the 7z files or find a yoma mirror.

basically if you are having

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0

put this in the Properties of your Launch Arma 2 Beta Patch icon Target area "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=

and then follow these instructions to use the SIX updater

Originally Posted by crawler75

First Run using WebUI:

1. Install the updater.

2. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it.

Setting-up

3. Click on Configuration (Not anything in the submenu).

4. Click Synchronize, you don't need a username or password, some text will appear when it's done.

5. Click Settings in the submenu of Configuration and make sure updater correctly found & setup your Arma2 folder

6. Click Presets in the submenu of Configuration.

7. Choose a preset (Vanilla should be OK) and click the Edit button to the right of it.

8. Scroll down to Mods and add the mods you want the updater to manage by choosing them from the list and clicking Add Existing. (You will need to add CBA, ACE, ACEX )

9. Press Update, below, when done.

10. Do the steps 3-8 for Beta Preset if you want to use beta with ACE as well.

Installing/Updating

11. Click on Main.

12. Select the Preset you edited (Vanilla/Beta), then Install or Update (or Install or Update, and Start Game) from the Action list.

13. Click Execute.

The updater will now install the selected mods.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA without WebUI

1. Start the Updater and select item 2. This update all the mods you've setup.

For updating ACE,ACEX,CBA using WebUI

1. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Page may take a bit long to show...wait for it. It starts in the "Main" Screen

2. Select the preset you want to update (Vanilla or Beta)

3. Select Install/Update

4. Click Execute

****Note that you'll need to remove the CBA in your Arma2 folder and re-download with the updater for the first installation. So that you can update CBA later with the updater.

****If it is taking too long for you using FireFox. Fire up IE and enter http://localhost:16333. FF is unusable for me but it is running as it should using IE.

Edited by Placebo

I may be mis-reading the wiki, but even downloading the 7zips requires some action by the 6th updater to validate or complete the install?

Having a problem with KEY bindings.

Example:

- When I press Shift+Space to rest weapon, the normal Command menu comes up as well which means I may give a command rather than fire. Weapon does rest but at this expense.

- Not sure if other binding such as Shift+F (CQB sights) are working either. I haven't noticed a change in FOV but the F does make the ammo rate change.

- Shift+H (grenades) works although it's in German :)

People don't quote the abusive moronic comments, report the post and move on.

guiltyspark infraction + 2 for a completely unnecessary abusive comment, next time will be a vacation from the forums.