Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Just updated to the latest ACE mod version, and when I launch ArmA 2 now, I get an error that says "Addon 'zeu_c_ai_other' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_other'". The game continues to run, though I am not sure how gameplay is affected.

same here.

the new ace mod is not compatible with the released Zeus ACE mod

Hi Pro, as per the previous 2 posts, we need a quick fix for tomorrow nights session.

I just updated ACE to the latest 1.88, they have removed the "ace_c_ai_other.pbo"

RPT Error

Warning Message: Addon 'zeu_c_ai_other' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_other'

Hopefully you can get this sorted for us and I can get it on the Yoma addon sync before the gaming session starts

yep, I concur about updated ACE. I was just coming in here to see what the situation was, and behold you guys already know.:cool:

Protegimus, FYI, that which used to be in "ace_c_ai_other.pbo" has been moved into the "ace_c_ai_skill.pbo", which now looks to contain all(?) the properties of class CfgAISkill, whereas before they were spread out over a few addons. Oddly enough, the latter addon is named "ace_c_ai_aiming" in it's CfgPatches entry... (ACE beta build 188)

BTW - thanks a bunch for your hard work on this. This combined with ACE is starting to bring back the good feeling I had in large AI / CoC CE battles from the days of OFP with WGL.

"Oh look, they're actually engaging...wonderful. Now charge, minions!" :D

EDIT: For ACE beta 1, build 188, one needs to change the requiredAddons property of the following three addons: zeus_c_ai_aiming, zeus_c_ai_other and zeus_c_ai_spotting to:

requiredAddons[] = {"ace_c_ai_aiming"};

Edited by Killswitch

Ah if Walker would only wake up and smell the coffee and redo his mortar system that was in WGL we would have the whole banana.:yay:

Protegimus, FYI, that which used to be in "ace_c_ai_other.pbo" has been moved into the "ace_c_ai_skill.pbo", which now looks to contain all(?) the properties of class CfgAISkill, whereas before they were spread out over a few addons.

BTW - thanks a bunch for your hard work on this. This combined with ACE is starting to bring back the good feeling I had in large AI / CoC CE battles from the days of OFP with WGL.

"Oh look, they're actually engaging...wonderful. Now charge, minions!" :D

Is there an update to the ZEUS_ACE for the new ACE update? It seems like the existing version doesn't work with it.

Hi Pro, as per the previous 2 posts, we need a quick fix for tomorrow nights session.

I just updated ACE to the latest 1.88, they have removed the "ace_c_ai_other.pbo"

RPT Error

Warning Message: Addon 'zeu_c_ai_other' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_other'

Hopefully you can get this sorted for us and I can get it on the Yoma addon sync before the gaming session starts

and also :

Warning Message: Addon 'zeu_c_ai_spotting' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_spotting'

The new ACE AI is as good as Zeus now :) Ive been testing it against the Zeus AI, infact ACE might have the upper hand..they seem better in CQB and tactics. Recommend setting skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.3;

precisionEnemy=0.25;

Im sure they couldn't of done it without the help of this mod tho! And No Zeus doesn't work with ACE right now. Can you try out ACE AI Protegimus and let me know what your thoughts are?

So thanks Protegimus for all the hard work you have done!

This update provides compatibility with ACE version: 0.1.188

Following extensive development & testing, further improvements have been incorporated to improve conditions for covert approaches, without compromising AI detection and engagement of undisciplined units.

As always, download link on first page.

Protegimus

No I think that downloaded as 0.01 and the new one is 0.02, so shoot for the second link, mate. ;)

seems like the files are different... do we add onto the current version or replace?

Replace!

so after updated to v0.02 (delete, add and replace the files) => we must have this files in our @zcommon_ace\addons, correct ?

zeu_c_ai_aiming.pbo

zeu_c_ai_aiming.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

If yes, Protegimus please edit your post on Armaholic (section "Included .pbo Files"), it is a bit confused there mate ;)

Thank you very much for this update, Protegimus ;)

PS : and please modify your "ARMA II Zeus_ACE_readme.txt" too

Cheers,

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

We tested the addon last night on our Thursday Gaming session.

I have to say the AI are the best I have ever seen going back right to OFP days

We were in constant contact for nearly every mission we played, .50 cals raining fire down on us without being too accurate. Absolutely immersive. Well done Prot..

Hi all

Ditto on what terrox said. The best MP game of ArmA or OFP ever yesterday. 3 hours of relentless action our medics were running around like blue arsed flies. Constant out flanking attacks. The weight of fire leaves you cowering behind rocks and trees. The racket was unbelievable; while leading in the first mission, I had to retire down slope to hear coms. I died trying to get to our out of position MG team and do a tactical assessment.

I got killed in the second mission when the AI sprang a reverse slope defense on us. I stepped over the ridge in to a world of hurt. Those who play with me will know this is one of my one favourite tactics, yet here was the AI doing the same right back at me.

Well done Protegimus this is the best AI I have ever played against.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Sorry for the noob question but where is the file to edit the skill level?

Good spot BadBoy, thx.

Readme amended to state, "Inside the new @zcommon_ace\Addons directory are the .pbo and .bisign files:

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign"

The correct installation procedure is to remove the old version and replace it with the new one.

-BadBoy;1518110']so after updated to v0.02 (delete' date=' add and replace the files) => we must have this files in our @zcommon_ace\addons, correct ?

If yes, Protegimus please edit your post on Armaholic (section "Included .pbo Files"), it is a bit confused there mate ;)

PS : and please modify your "ARMA II Zeus_ACE_readme.txt" too

Cheers,

BB[/quote']

As both Terox & Walker said, we had some monumental firefights last night, even though we were using the ArmA 2 beta 61450 AI. One engagement was pretty much full on for an hour during which we could hear a section that had advanced too far ahead of the main force getting cut to pieces over comm's, but could do nothing to assist as we were thoroughly engaged ourselves.

Edited by Protegimus

Just to be sure (if i have understood well) :

zeu_c_ai_aiming.pbo

zeu_c_ai_aiming.pbo.ZEU.bisign

this above files aren't need anymore, we can delete them

only these files are required :

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

Thanks to confirm ;)

PS : do we always remove the Hotfix.pbo from the beta folder ???

BB

I used the six updater and zeus still complains about zeu_c_ai_other requires addon ace_c_ai_other

Shouldn't matter if you use SIX or yoma, the files remain the same, assuming you're on the same version of course.

Check manually and make sure you did remove all of the old version zeus AI.