Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

A note for everyone that wants to enjoy GL4 together with the combat skills of Zeus AI, edit the

...\@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

file and set:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Difficult:
// ================================================== ====
GL4_Global set [29, False];

When set this way, AI perform to much more realistic levels, they do not hesitate when engaging at close quarters, plus use a better mix of weaponry when doing so and the benefits of GL4 make missions even more challenging.

so my best bet (if I just want the AI to have the aiSkill and aiPrecision levels I set in my config) would be to slide the skill meter to zero in the editor?

I'd leave it at the default middle setting, unless you specifically want a more or less capable unit. Lowering the slider to minimum provides AI with very limited ability, useful for some scenarios, but I wouldn't recommend setting all this way.

Whats a recommended accuracy settings to make this similar to stock ACE2 behaviors?? It is way too inaccurate with the default values.

Could you elaborate a little on what/how you are testing?

I can state for a fact that for the same profile 'precision' setting, Zeus AI are actually more accurate than ACE2 AI, but maybe we can help with what you are trying to achieve.

Is Zeus already included in ACE2? If not, can it be used with ACE2 without problems?

Cheers

There is a special ZEUS_ACE version. Search the thread.

There is a special ZEUS_ACE version. Search the thread.

Indeed. The link for the ACE compatible version of ZeusAI is in the first post of this topic.

For those who found the default AI accuracy a little too inaccurate, what values are you using?

looks like the ACE version is busted after todays ACE update. getting an error that reads: Addon 'zeu_c_ai_skill' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_aiming'

To maintain compatibility with ACE2 mod beta version: 0.2.204 release, Zeus AI Combat Skills is updated to version 0.04 - download link on first page.

Protegimus

sweet! i had to play today without Zeus AI... it was horrible, i couldnt stand it... thank you for this addon Protegimus!

Ace's expertise in breaking this addon is remarkable :cool:

A note for everyone that wants to enjoy GL4 together with the combat skills of Zeus AI, edit the

...\@GL4\GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf

file and set:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Difficult:
// ================================================== ====
GL4_Global set [29, False];

When set this way, AI perform to much more realistic levels, they do not hesitate when engaging at close quarters, plus use a better mix of weaponry when doing so and the benefits of GL4 make missions even more challenging.

Hi Protegimus,

I didn't find that line in my file. What I found was:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Difficult Level:
 // ==============================================================
 // Choose True or False to enable/disable this feature completly
 // True / False, default is True
   GL4_Global set [30, False];

GL4_Global set [29, False] is now under a line that says:

// Enemy A.I. Body Remove:

Should I change the one for 30 instead?

on that topic, you asked me today the same question, about line 29, and i asked you a similar thing; "you mean about the body removal?" i believe you meant what is now under line 30, which is the Ai difficulty levels. Which yes, i do have that uncommented, and set to false.

I was using zeus_ace to play the SEAL TEAM 6 campaign 3 and it was AWESOME SAUCE!

One thing I noticed though is that with the latest update, my squad mates no longer react differently to my danger or stay alert commands. They automatically take up positions and engage enemies when enemies are nearby with or without commands. In fact, they are so individualistic they won't stay in any kind of formation but seek their own cover and positions. Its actually a good thing but could be quite troublesome when I need a buddy mate covering my rear as everyone would be everywhere. (good thing they can spot enemies much better than me and take very good cover!)

I can't even order them specifically to mount a vehicle or get to a specific spot when enemies are nearby and they are in the "mood". No matter how I tell to them move to somewhere else, they will simply stick to whatever it is they are doing (usually hidden behind cover and leaning out for shots) and never executes the order. Almost impossible to order my men to take over objectives anymore.

Any advise?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Guys, when I run ARMA2 with this addon I get an error message about the ace_c_ai_skill file.

i have checked and the file is definately in the ace folder and I have also checked that I have the latest version of this addon.

Any ideas on what might be causing this error please?

Wal

Wally - it never dawned on you to look through the last few days of posts to see if maybe they had the same issue? Look 6 or so posts up.

Yeah I did mate ..... but I have v0.04.7z installed and I still get the error.

Did I miss something else?

hello, I have a useless doubt jajajaja, those archives that lower, is only enough with loading them like addons normal and ready? …. or it is necessary to put some line in some soldier, to publish some .sqf, etc… so that the AI works with this addons?

Guys, when I run ARMA2 with this addon I get an error message about the ace_c_ai_skill file.

i have checked and the file is definately in the ace folder and I have also checked that I have the latest version of this addon.

Any ideas on what might be causing this error please?

Wal

Sounds like you need to update your version of ACE2 Wal. Zeus AI Combat Skills for ACE2 mod v0.04 is built for ACE2 beta version: 0.2.204 as the ACE team included a bugfix to ace_c_ai_skill.

If you don't want to update ACE2 for some reason, then download v0.03 of Zeus AI Combat Skills for ACE mod.

@Minimalaco: just install the mod as documented, nothing else is required.

Protegimus

Hello to the devs of ZEUS AI combat skills,

just wanted to thank you much along the same lines many others did: your mod sort of provides the gamer with a new game. I am especially impressed by your efforts to achieve a more challenging CQB experience. I started using ZEUS AI as soon as it appeared in ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE and noticed the difference between former ZEUS versions and the most recent one quickly after installing it.

Since OFP I had accepted that BIS games were good for combined arms simulation and long distance firefights while other games like the Rainbow Six series (well, at least up to Raven Shield. I didn't like Lockdown and Vegas) and Ghost Recon were more of a challenge in the CQB department, although somewhat arcadey in some aspects.

But the more I play into the SEAL TEAM SIX campaigns and Chesty Puller,which have some rather close engagements besides standard long range fire exchanges, the more I am impressed by the CQB abilities of both my opponents and my AI squadmates.

Anyone who played the first SEAL campaign nows the first Mission where you have to clear the two ports. The second one cannot be cleared by sniping alone; you have to go in and face the enemy in close combat. And you have to do it with only five men against roughly ten well-hidden OPFOR guys within the maze of containers and halls.

Although I had placed my sniper on top of one of the dock cranes by Team Switching to him, I could not save his life after switching back to the leader. So, with four men I had to finish off the remaining six enemies.

That was one fierce fight; in the end I had only two men left including the leader, and we were wounded. Still managed to beat the mission, but it was only luck and in the end on the Skalisty Island I had to engage the last two opponents with smoke grenades and my pistol because I didn't dare to rush out of cover to take the M4 ammo from my fallen comrade! :pistols:

I should probably mention I put enemy accuracy up to 0.3, which doesn't make them complete uber snipers in distanced firefights, but beefs up their CQB hit probability to a breathtaking level, yet it is still fair with that setting and not aimbot-like.

Currently I don't play campaigns with ACE 2 since during beta develeopment it is of course no good to start campaigns... Instead, I just use @zcommon plus most of the PROPER gameplay tweaks and 31st MEU Ballistics with GMJ. I spiced that up with DSAI and VFAI and some replacements for sound and weapons, as well as the ASR_grenadier fix. And then I get games like descibed above. What more could I want from ArmA 2 until ACE 2 has reached final status?

Now I just have a quick question left about the experimental PBO: is it savegame sensitive? That is, if I try it in one of the campaign missions and later would like to remove it, will those saves still work without it?

Thanks for all your efforts in enhancing this game,

tourist

I was playing some time ago with cfgAiSkills for a while and checked Zeus values.

What I discovered at time was that the most important thing seems to be maxRange factor in weapons config. So besides cfgAISkills value I was focused on weapons values too, as I also wanted to play some missions without ACOGs or other scopes.

So I would say that engagement distance in the end depends in order on:

- maxRange

- spotDistance

- weapon scope

- .armaProfile

- doFire (if scripted mission)

I ended up doing "noacog" missions against some AKS version limited to almost 300m range so they won't engage from far while you have almost no chance to hit.

Here are my old values:

aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.4, 1, 0.8};

aimingShake[] = {0, 0.7, 1, 1};

courage[] = {0, 0.8, 1, 1}; // rarely flee

commanding[] = {0, 0.4, 1, 1}; // dont want dumb bosses

reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.9};

general[] = {0, 0.8, 1, 1};

endurance[] = {0, 0.90, 1, 0.99}; // never noticed anyway

spotTime[] = {0, 0.3, 1, 0.9};

spotDistance[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.50};

aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.2, 1, 0.7};

aimSpeed - I let it a bit the higher than yours, as if you got close to them they may be sometimes too slow turning around.

aimingShake - also higher than yours, shaking its a bit unnatural at low values.

courage - I let a small chance to flee, althought you may never notice that. Maybe yours is better.

commanding- not sure all this one does, I just want them to follow the orders so I figered out higher is beter.

spotTime - higer than yours. Tho not tested very much cover operations.

spotDistance - the most important. I couldn't figure out all implications over all kind of vehicles, so I increased it a bit and as long they were in weapon range with a decent skill, they were noticed.

I have two questions. You sure that number higher than 1 are considered in cfgAiSkill? And you are sure about all implications of that high spotDistance? If so, I might adjust my value too...

EDIT:

One more thing, maybe people should be warned about campaigns and missions not done with Zeus. Sometimes the new parameters may alter mission gameplay, like triggering things earlier or not at all and not reaching the spot etc. I remember the campaign in ArmA 1 was different when I was playing with ACE... I mean some missions never end or stuff.

Edited by afp

Sounds like you need to update your version of ACE2 Wal. Zeus AI Combat Skills for ACE2 mod v0.04 is built for ACE2 beta version: 0.2.204 as the ACE team included a bugfix to ace_c_ai_skill.

Protegimus

Thanks Protegimus, I'll go and update my ACE files right now. :)

Wal