Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

No offense Protegimus, but your example videos were all CQB scenarios and in the last showed a complete loss of tactical discipline with the human squad. Neither show the issue of long range "AK sniper fire...

...and absolutely none taken.

The ridiculous situation we put ourselves in at the railway line was simply to show that no matter how inept or disorganised your move turns out to be, it doesn't mean it's suicidal like it would be in the default game.

To be honest, between my offer to take a look at the situation and your minor rant about AK snipers I'm not sure what happened in between?

I didn't ask for videos and disregard those that I posted, however you didn't answer my question about the server settings, so I stand that again:

"If you can confirm the server profile is configured as recommended plus server ArmA 2 version and can give some example of scenarios where you think AK snipers may have bitten, please let me know and I'll certainly take another look. If you've got a mission even better."

I've spent countless hours getting this mod to where it is now so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to help to sort out something they are asking about.

As stated earlier in the thread, I have not changed accuracy for any weapon in the game. There are other mods for that and to me it shouldn't be part of an AI mod.

Finally, if ACE provides AI that are as good as Zeus I'll be more than happy. I'm also willing to contribute what I can to help if asked.

About the charging part, if you upped the precissionEnemy to 0.4, I think you can have a reasonably accurate enemy while not render them super accurate. I used in my profile skill=1

precission=0.4

both for enemy and friendly.

For me, that is the sweet spot. 0.2 for me is too inaccurate and I can plink them off easily. But that's just me.

Thanks again for this mod :)

...and absolutely none taken.

The ridiculous situation we put ourselves in at the railway line was simply to show that no matter how inept or disorganised your move turns out to be, it doesn't mean it's suicidal like it would be in the default game.

To be honest, between my offer to take a look at the situation and your minor rant about AK snipers I'm not sure what happened in between?

I didn't ask for videos and disregard those that I posted, however you didn't answer my question about the server settings, so I stand that again:

"If you can confirm the server profile is configured as recommended plus server ArmA 2 version and can give some example of scenarios where you think AK snipers may have bitten, please let me know and I'll certainly take another look. If you've got a mission even better."

I've spent countless hours getting this mod to where it is now so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to help to sort out something they are asking about.

As stated earlier in the thread, I have not changed accuracy for any weapon in the game. There are other mods for that and to me it shouldn't be part of an AI mod.

Finally, if ACE provides AI that are as good as Zeus I'll be more than happy. I'm also willing to contribute what I can to help if asked.

Ah oops, I missed the bit about the server profile. I'll have to ask one of the Tactical Gamer admins what the server profile is set to. As for scenarios, I recommend one distinct occasion where we were approaching the rail yards at one of those coastal cities from the South with the ocean on our right and a large hill with thick forest on the left about 500 meters from us. As we approached from halfway up the hill a guy with an AK47 shot me with one shot as I was standing still observing the rail yards through binoculars. I knew he had an AK he used because of the death cam that showed who shot me.

At any rate, unfortunately, Zeus is not on the TG servers anymore in preperation for the ACE2 beta test. So hmm... now that I think about it, it may not be possible to know what they were set to before unless one of the admins remembers. But at the least I can try to recreate some scenarios on single player to see how often I get sniped by Ak equipped riflemen at long range using Zeus AI.

At any rate, I'm glad you're willing to work with with the ACE2 team. Hopefully Zeus and ACE2 can be made compatible with each other.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

No worries Miles, glad we can see eye to eye. Offer stands if you have the chance to get a scenario set up, but mate I have to state that Zeus AI does not create `AK snipers' - it gets rid of them!

If you have a look through the thread I've responded and improved the mod following pretty much every bit of feedback I've received, hopefully that speaks for itself regarding my intentions. That said, no one should be under any false pretence about how this mod affects the game.

If you experienced otherwise it is almost certainly because setup advice accompanying the mod was not followed. Mistake, server admin that knows better, or it'll be way too easy with those settings...Whatever the cause, please take a few minutes to set your player profile as recommended, play a few missions and let me know what you think - if you're not too busy enjoying ACE2 that is! :)

Talking about that, how does ACE2 change the AI (from the pbo's I guess it changes a lot of the stuff ZeusAI changes), and there will be a ZeusAI compatible with ACE2, there is even need for one? Questions :)

any news for last betas? and comparation to ACE AI?

any news for last betas? and comparation to ACE AI?

I've found the ACE ai to be really inaccurate, even with scoped M16s and Zeus AI loaded (@ACE;@ACEX;@zcommon). They *can* see quite well, even without Zeus loaded. I'd suggest for your consideration Protegimus, that perhaps you release a special ACE edition of Zeus AI that has the accuracy greatly increased. I've done some testing with this myself, and I have yet to observe the dreaded "ak sniper" phenomenon. I have to assume the ballistics in use play a role in that. Just my two cents.

I had the impression using Zeus AI & ACE together didn't work as I had sdome crashes while doing, maybe were caused by other mod or by beta... will have to try again.

I had the impression using Zeus AI & ACE together didn't work as I had sdome crashes while doing, maybe were caused by other mod or by beta... will have to try again.

I've been using ACE and Zeus together almost since ACE came out, and I haven't had any crashes yet. I've only tested this on the client, not a dedicated server.

When I start Zeus with ACE 2 I get some no entry errors:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M4A1/Single.displayName'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

That is just one but there are a few, AK_Base, M16_base and again M4A1.

Now for the client it's not really a problem since you can just click ok and continue with the game, but this will halt a Dedicated server starting up.

Ok that makes sense as that's what happened when I hosted a game.

I think the end result will be a Zeus AI made specifically for ACE2, since the Zeus Community is running ACE2 now, and we want our AI!

Tactical Gamer, to my better understanding, is running Zeus AI with ACE2, and as far as I have seen it hasn't crashed their servers yet.

I'd like to confirm this as well.

Probably need a separate ACE 2 package, Prot.

IF I launch Zeus and ACE together I get about 5 CTDs in 20 Minutes

Now for the client it's not really a problem since you can just click ok and continue with the game, but this will halt a Dedicated server starting up.

you have this error messages only if you use the experimental :

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement.pbo

No error messages if you only use the :

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting.pbo

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

IF I launch Zeus and ACE together I get about 5 CTDs in 20 Minutes

I think you got something setup wrong or a different conflict. I've been using this and ACE2 with out issue since ACE2 was released. What else are you using with these two?

I think the end result will be a Zeus AI made specifically for ACE2, since the Zeus Community is running ACE2 now, and we want our AI!

Tactical Gamer, to my better understanding, is running Zeus AI with ACE2, and as far as I have seen it hasn't crashed their servers yet.

I hope an old non-ACE version is kept up for those that do not use ACE.

If I use zeus and ACE together it seems that Zeus isn´t activated at all. Soldiers don´t throw smoke etc.

I use some other Mods, but that are non AI Mod, just some Vehicle and Weapons stuff

I find when using ace and zeus units still use formation tactics - covering, pairing off, havent seen em use smoke yet tho but find no problems otherwise

yeah, smoke and grenade usage is still way too low. Also, the AI should be given a set of "common sense" reactions like finding cover when under fire etc... some of them just stand around not knowing what to do under fire and then some go prone IN FRONT of covers.... suppressive fire looks ok but the enemies don't look suppressed. They are still going around their business like no suppressive fire is on.

If I use zeus and ACE together it seems that Zeus isn´t activated at all. Soldiers don´t throw smoke etc.

I use some other Mods, but that are non AI Mod, just some Vehicle and Weapons stuff

Maybe you're not loading zeus-AI last in your mod-line?

Hi Tonci87

As Mike84 says your target line should have this type of layout.

-mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@Zcommon

Each mod folder that loads over writes the preceding state of the config values.

So in the case of that line:

The beta config values that are changed by the beta over write those of Vanila ArmA. They in turn are over written by the changed config values of the Community Based Addons @CBA mod folder, it in its turn has its config value state over written by those that comprise @ACE then @CEX changes some more values. Now because @ACE and @Zcommon both alter AI aspects one has to take precedence over the other to get @Zcommon to over write the other values it must be last.

As other have said because both alter some AI values we also need to consider having an ACE specific version of Zcommon.

Kind Regards walker

Cant say i agree with ACE AI not doing their job. The first time ever i didnt make the first stretch in my mission was with ACE2. The AI shot and throwed nades at us plus flanking and being very sneaky.

I will wait and see if there will be an ACE version of this good addon and use it then. :)