Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Correct deralkym for coop without own AI server running mod should suffice.

So now the ACE2 ai will become even harder? :p:eek:

Well, I have played 3 missions with ACE + ZEUS_ACE and I find that the AI isn't "even harder" but if you make the necessary adjustments to the accuracy and skill settings as recommended, you will get VERY long range firefights (I commonly exchange fire at about 550 to 600m on those 3 missions) and VERY suppressive fires (my mg gunner ALWAYS run out of ammo). You and your squad mates will get injured very often making your medic very busy. In fact, I get injured most often when the enemy decide to rain a volley of grenades around my position where cover don't really help. Enemy AI will use whatever better weapons they can lay their hands on like a static grenade launcher or MG and will move in tactical bounding movements (even though bounding in ArmA2 really isn't what its supposed to be like in RL, which is bounding from cover to cover). They will take cover whenever convenient to do so and will return a SERIOUS volume of fire at your position instead of sniping single shots. Area suppression is also very commonly done as I often see an area of as big as 50 to 100m raining with MG suppressive fire from the enemy. One thing is the enemy don't really look like they want to advance on your position very much and so engagement becomes really long range and you have to find ways to advance onto their positions under fire.

Your squad mates will also take up positions behind buildings and trees and actually lean out and fire instead of standing full out which is excellent. Sykes (or any snipers) will actually start behaving more like a sniper as he can now spot enemies WAY far away and actually snipe them. I had Sykes actually spotting and sniping enemies at 1200m in manhattan mission (I rearmed him with an M109.. dunno if its because of that)! One little flaw is that your friendly squad mates will also be quite crappy shooters at long range, so you might have to help out a little more (especially since they don't use the sight adjustment that ACE provides). Sykes need about 10 shots to kill one enemy at 600m.

conclusion:

Overall, a seriously intense war experience without the frustration of dying frequently. :) Pump up the volume if you want your neighbours to think that you are watching an actual war movie. :) (tons of firing and explosions!hahahha)

In Short:

Intense long range firefights that take some time to resolve.

Point to Note:

You MUST adjust your accuracy and skill setting as recommended in order to achieve this level of result. Effects of different settings are already explained in the readme.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Got to say the combination of ZEUS and ACE makes ARMA 2 the BEST wargame to play and I mean EVER!

Got to say the combination of ZEUS and ACE makes ARMA 2 the BEST wargame to play and I mean EVER!

Wait til you add HIFI_FX_ACE to the equation! eagerly awaiting that sound mod to complete the experience. :)

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Oh one issue... I noticed that when I put my squad mates into "Danger" mode, they tend to walk from cover to cover slowly and stealthily instead of running from cover to cover like in unmodded 1.04. Is this due to Zeus or is it because of the new Arma patches? Could Zues fix this? Can't have soldiers walk from cover to cover under danger and fire.

One Question, where can I change the accuracy and skill settings?

One Question, where can I change the accuracy and skill settings?

Got to MY DOCUMENTS folder in your computer, then ARMA 2 (or ARMA2 Other Profiles if you are playing with another profile), then open with wordpad that file with your profile name on it.

Note that's for client setup, server profile will be on other folder, search *.ArmA2Profile file extension if you are trying to setup a server.

still looking for some good sensitivity values for SF, but what i noticed is that putting max spotDistance back to 1 in CfgAISkill gives a better chance of having stealth working correctly (eg: higly skilled units having a chance to detect on distance low skilled enemies while remaining undetected). It looks like that values way over 1 are giving lowly skilled units (0.25-0.50) too good spotting performance, almost on par with highly skilled units.

Interesting stuff fabrizio_T, thanks.

Can we explore both options - I will regress spotDistance to lower values and evaluate the results.

Please can you reference the values that I used for a sniper class in:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting

and test an appropriate variation for SF, without altering spotDistance?

I expect it is better for us to test against standard ArmA beta releases.

We've been getting server crashes running the ACE2 version :(

Gives an "out of memory" error and crashes - we've reverted back to the previously released version as that seemed to be pretty stable for us (with ACE2).

Edit: tried re-running the addon today and it seems to have stopped crashing. Disregard :)

Edited by (AEF)Swordsman

I still haven´t seen AI throw Smoke Grenades with the ACE Version even if under really heavy fire. Is it included in the ACE Version?

I still haven´t seen AI throw Smoke Grenades with the ACE Version even if under really heavy fire. Is it included in the ACE Version?

that's right, I didn't see smoke grenade or even frag grenades being thrown much maybe because the engagement range is so high that nobody bothers with grenades..hohoho

I have had nades thrown at me - or maybe they just threw mine back:P i dunno the timing was strange:)

- We at GOL Clan ran the ACE2 version and our server configs are set at maximum skill 1.000 and accuracy too. 2 man team walked through a town and killed 2 big squads of inf and walked into open ground with a big squad of infantry. Was way too easy they couldnt hit us!!!

I edited the Aiming.pbo and changed 2 numbers, now they are really good! IF you stay still they will kill you! if you run they just miss you so its a good balance allows you to run to cover etc they might still hit and kill u while your running though.

A bit off-topic, but could someone clarify:

-mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ZEUS

Will this first load the beta, then load ACE (overwriting anything from beta that ACE modifies), then load ACEX (overwriting ACE and beta), then finally load ZEUS (taking priority over ACEX and all earlier loaded mods)?

Just checking ;)

A bit off-topic, but could someone clarify:

Will this first load the beta, then load ACE (overwriting anything from beta that ACE modifies), then load ACEX (overwriting ACE and beta), then finally load ZEUS (taking priority over ACEX and all earlier loaded mods)?

Just checking ;)

Hi speedwaystar

That is correct.

Later config changes over write the previous ones.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Ive Heard that its the other way around.. Wonder if someone from BIS or Kju would know?

Ive Heard that its the other way around.. Wonder if someone from BIS or Kju would know?

Hi OrdeaL

Normal Modfolder Priority is the latter items overwrite previous; if this was not the case the vanilla BIS addons would always take precedence.

There may be an exception to this which is where Overloading occurs where things have the same name and the Overload resolution process occurs.

And use of the property RequiredAddons in an addon config can alter this.

There is further discussion here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=66058

here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=65862

and here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=64045

But as all those threads conclude; in general consider load priority to be higher for later folders in you mod folder list.

The key factor in this thread is that your folders for ACE plus Zeus should be like this:

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

edited the Aiming.pbo and changed 2 numbers

which numbers did you change? what values did you use to get those results? thanks!

Just updated to the latest ACE mod version, and when I launch ArmA 2 now, I get an error that says "Addon 'zeu_c_ai_other' requires addon 'ace_c_ai_other'". The game continues to run, though I am not sure how gameplay is affected.