Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

AI still don't know to use their grenade launchers and og7 rounds

I've been using the ACE edition, and I get RPGs lobbed at me all the time. Not so much with the GP25 grenades though. Playing on the blufor side, I do see a lot of outgoing m203 rounds, but not so many outgoing smaw rounds.

I've been using the ACE edition, and I get RPGs lobbed at me all the time. Not so much with the GP25 grenades though. Playing on the blufor side, I do see a lot of outgoing m203 rounds, but not so many outgoing smaw rounds.

Yes opfor use them but I was actually referring to my AI mates, they just never use their gp30 and when it comes to rpg with og7 they grab the rpg but just stand their looking at opfor without shooting.

Excellent job indeed Protegimus (and testing team). :)

Do you tweak vehicle AI already as well?

You may wanna try my vehicle DM as testing ground for that.

It is based on Utes, yet can just moved to any other world.

You can filter the vehicles type AI should spawn in easily.

That way you can create different vehicle scenarios to test your AI in.

Does anybody know if the new Patch is affecting Zeus KI? I´m downloading it right now

Does anybody know if the new Patch is affecting Zeus KI? I´m downloading it right now
thx brauch ich nicht fragen^^but i think it needs an update

we cannot delete hotfix pbo anymore

(Ja war schneller)

Is there the need to delete the hotfix PBO with a real Patch? I think with the Patch we have different class skills in again

A review in comparison to the more fluid movement and improved flanking builds 60803/60819 provide would be appreciated and perhaps consideration to vary sensitivity values for different classes of soldier.

Protegimus

I don't know if it's any useful, but here is my comparison of 61974 vs 60819, with cfgAiSkill based on Zeus 1.03:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1521586&postcount=2743

I think with the Patch we have different class skills in again
:pray:don't know.. hope so:pray: Edited by TeilX

Excellent job indeed Protegimus (and testing team). :)

Do you tweak vehicle AI already as well?

You may wanna try my vehicle DM as testing ground for that.

It is based on Utes, yet can just moved to any other world.

You can filter the vehicles type AI should spawn in easily.

That way you can create different vehicle scenarios to test your AI in.

Thanks kju, I will certainly have a look at that. Changes so far were limited to how easily crew could be identified.

I don't know if it's any useful, but here is my comparison of 61974 vs 60819, with cfgAiSkill based on Zeus 1.03:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1521586&postcount=2743

fabrizio - this is very useful! Great independent analysis of AI performance. Please continue to post updates on your project development and analysis.

It will be interesting to see if 1.05 brings any changes from beta 61974.

Hopefully BIS can give us 60819 AI performance for dedicated server (perhaps the simplest to implement as I expect this can be changed without affecting player controlled AI) and AI controlled squads.

-- Edit --

Just read Suma's reply to your post above, that speaks for itself, good work.

Is there the need to delete the hotfix PBO with a real Patch?

I think with the Patch we have different class skills in again

No need, as no hotfix.pbo with the full patch.

Different class skills & characteristics would be great. I'll be looking at 1.05 over the break to see if/where improvements are necessary.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Suma feedback to fabrizio's AI observation in beta thread

Hi all

Do not know how this being done either 1.5 or Zeus but the latest little tricks the AI seem to have learned are vehicle shoot and scoot I saw this before with TOW Humvees but now I am seeing it with Vodniks. And Hull down long distance shooting by tracked armor!

Far worse I am seeng sensible husbanding application of these tactics! Targeted hull down take out of strong points and vehicles followed by retirment behind full cover.

I have a test mission called "Simple Battle" on Utes. It is a king of the hill type mission. In order to balance it over time I have moved from a couple of MK19 Humvees to now 6 BTRs.

I play it as a simple team switch single player mission with most of the AI kept reverse slope and 4 AI manning the MG nest to begin with and myself in the vehiles providing extra oomph; but it would work as an MP game to. I will post it.

Kind Regards Walker

Edited by walker

Please explain what do you mean with shooot and scoot, and Hull down long distance?

I was playing this and ACE last night on a stealth mission using SECOP destroy location mission. I spent 30 mins working out aproach and also watching the pattern of patrols. I got a 100 meter distance and targeted the leader .. things went well but the camps gunners targeted and all went mad.

I spent another 30 minds playing cat and mouse around forest areas next to the location being hunted. I think in all the time I was trying to work out the flanking I think I spotted AI 10 percent of that time .. at night it was tense. Haven't had the feeling properly since Ghost Recon, it "feels" so much different in terms of planning becuase you make a mistake and dont cover yourself your always on the back foot working out how to counter the flanking .... superb work.

The only thing I would add is I tested firing a smoke M203 round right next to the patrol (a early attempt and testing things) .. I ended up firing 2 so the smoke trail literaly wafted into there path/patrol but the AI didn't react at all. I was wondering if that can be tested more by someone to see how AI patrols react for you (without seeing any enemy) to smoke m203 rounds dropped near them as they patrol.

Edited by mrcash2009

It will be even more cool if a certain percentage chance is set into enemy AI to fire madly and blindly in area suppression into smokes generated by smoke grenades. That's what they do in RL because a smoke grenade is sure sign someone's coming from that direction.

When I set my skillFriendly, skillEnemy, precisionFriendly, precisionEnemy in my profile.. does that automatically set the skill level of all friendly and enemy units? I mean the meter that shows the skill ingame doesnt matter does it?

arma224DEC09.jpg

Edited by Meatball0311

I believe that the slider in the editor acts as a multiplier on the values set in your difficulty options/config files. I could be wrong though.

I would love to know the answer on the slider question as well. Because I don't understand what changing the config does if this slider overrides it (Every unit put down for every mission would then just use what the slider has). So I have know idea how you would know which values are being used.

I would love to know the answer on the slider question as well. Because I don't understand what changing the config does if this slider overrides it (Every unit put down for every mission would then just use what the slider has). So I have know idea how you would know which values are being used.

Yes I agree, what would be the point in setting your profile config to your desired levels then. Please explain @zcommon Team

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Hi all

Do not know how this being done either 1.5 or Zeus but the latest little tricks the AI seem to have learned are vehicle shoot and scoot I saw this before with TOW Humvees but now I am seeing it with Vodniks. And Hull down long distance shooting by tracked armor!

Far worse I am seeng sensible husbanding application of these tactics! Targeted hull down take out of strong points and vehicles followed by retirment behind full cover.

I have a test mission called "Simple Battle" on Utes. It is a king of the hill type mission. In order to balance it over time I have moved from a couple of MK19 Humvees to now 6 BTRs.

I play it as a simple team switch single player mission with most of the AI kept reverse slope and 4 AI manning the MG nest to begin with and myself in the vehiles providing extra oomph; but it would work as an MP game to. I will post it.

Kind Regards Walker

Hey Walker your private message thing is full.. delete some messages. Sorry to ask here, but what is up with a CEX for ArmA2? Would love to have it

Yes I agree, what would be the point in setting your profile config to your desired levels then. Please explain @zcommon Team...

As I understand it you configure your profile to provide the base settings for your system. This affects every AI soldier in any mission you subsequently play on your system.

The skill setting in the editor allows you vary the individual soldier skill level on a per mission basis, around the base level you defined in the profile. This is simply to provide variation in missions.

Whats a recommended accuracy settings to make this similar to stock ACE2 behaviors?? It is way too inaccurate with the default values.

Which values? You'd probably be better off testing what you are comfortable with then trying to get the base ACE2 settings. One man's settings may be too much or too little for another.

Weinerschnitzel! :)

As I understand it you configure your profile to provide the base settings for your system. This affects every AI soldier in any mission you subsequently play on your system.

The skill setting in the editor allows you vary the individual soldier skill level on a per mission basis, around the base level you defined in the profile. This is simply to provide variation in missions.

Roger I copy that the skill settings I configure in my user profile is what the AI is set to. The slider skill meter in the editor, is just incase I want to change a specific units skill then?

The slider skill meter in the editor, is just incase I want to change a specific units skill then?

Thats what it sounds like.

Roger I copy that the skill settings I configure in my user profile is what the AI is set to. The slider skill meter in the editor, is just incase I want to change a specific units skill then?

Correct. The skill slider for a unit is a skill multiplier specific for that soldier/vehicle only. So regardless of your aiSkill and aiPrecision levels in your config, a soldier with a maxed skill slider will always have twice the skill of one with half a skill slider. (Okay, I'm not entirely certain if it'll be exactly twice as high. Might be hidden numbers affecting the skill levels, but you get the point :) )

Correct. The skill slider for a unit is a skill multiplier specific for that soldier/vehicle only. So regardless of your aiSkill and aiPrecision levels in your config, a soldier with a maxed skill slider will always have twice the skill of one with half a skill slider. (Okay, I'm not entirely certain if it'll be exactly twice as high. Might be hidden numbers affecting the skill levels, but you get the point :) )

so my best bet (if I just want the AI to have the aiSkill and aiPrecision levels I set in my config) would be to slide the skill meter to zero in the editor?