Joske, Ill be making a campaign when its done, Might have nothing to do with Icebrkr's background but it will be a reflection of executive outcomes in sierra leone.

If you mission makers have any requests, maybe even sketches send it over via PM. But I'm sure I'll get more of that once you get hands on beta ;) soon...

Ice, will there be dense-ish, jungle? and will there be like shanty african villages, like the begining of Blood Diamond.

Colonel you betcha, mostly on Eastern part :) Blood Diamond? Ok, I'll check it out in few hours, but I guess there will be, along with slums ;)

Here's a new WIP shot, this time is our SBP member Sahbazz that is working on official Molatian (badguys) Army addon. You'll get it in the same pack as Isla Duala. I'm still looking for talented modder that would give us a working T-55 or T-62 ;) Cammo of Molatian Officer is made from scratch.

image.php?news_id=724&seq_num=1&size=1

Will there be any militias ice? Like mad half military half civi dressed guys with maybe caps and rag tag gear? Executive outcomes was hired by the SL goverment to put down the RUF attempt at staging a coup and they recaptured the diamond mines and drove the RUF underground with precision operations and sweep and clear of insurgents deep in the jungle and hiding in villages. They stole the initiative off the RUF and eventually defeeated them. Ill be using schnaps mercs for this role with BIS GUE BMP2's and CDF Mi-24 and Mi-8 Choppers in support as executive outcomes had armour and air wings

@Ice: For the T-55 or T-62 there's no harm in asking Vilas.

Everything looks great so far. Love the reference to the old OFP days.

Internal beta test is complete. SBP Team is very happy with v0.8 and we'll be polishing it for the next couple of days so you can enjoy it too.

Since FDF showed so much of their island (heh) we decided to share 28 shots of this "pre-release" test version from tonight's squadnight. 6 hours of playing 4 MP-Coop missions passed quickly, we did a talk too and we wrote down couple of cool ideas.

28 shots (zip file):

http://www.mediafire.com/?zwjlyokdz4k

Release? v0.9 as first public beta - probably next week.

Wow IceBreakr those screen shots look great! I can't wait to get my Close Quarters Battles on. Truly looking forward to the release.

If you could get a hold of Maza, maybe you could get him to modify the Old Iraqi Republican Guards to something more African.

Internal beta test is complete. SBP Team is very happy with v0.8 and we'll be polishing it for the next couple of days so you can enjoy it too.

Since FDF showed so much of their island (heh) we decided to share 28 shots of this "pre-release" test version from tonight's squadnight. 6 hours of playing 4 MP-Coop missions passed quickly, we did a talk too and we wrote down couple of cool ideas.

28 shots (zip file):

http://www.mediafire.com/?zwjlyokdz4k

Release? v0.9 as first public beta - probably next week.

It looks very nice :cool:

Already a beta :eek:

You must have been working really hard because thats damn fast :thumb:

JW_Custom: El Diablo from SBP is helping me out with various templates and it goes really fast. I'm eager to release it in final form so we can enjoy A2 even more.

I've also sent internal v0.8 version to 10 of you guys from a great A2 Community. Hopefully you can give me feedback on what you like, what you hate and what would you love to see in v1.0. And.. please don't request beta, I've selected only 10 of you. Others will have to wait at least for one more week, that shouldn't be too hard :)

I'm predicting this will be one of the 'must have' maps currently on offer..

I'm waiting for this one with bated breath.. Great stuff mate!

Yes, a truly useful and re-playable setting, I also think it will be widely used, worth taking as much time as is required to perfect, no hurry.

"All your bags are belong to us" :p

Very nice work IceBreakr :)

Edited by GI-JOE

"All your bags are belong to us !" :p

Very nice work IceBreakr :)

i laughed when i saw that too. this island is looking great

nice map so far Ice, was just wondering do you have feature plans for a jungle island like panthera, but more jungle environment? like the Vietnam map?

Drew: well, there is plan but what kind of setting would you like? Isla Duala is surrounded with couple of smaller islands, maybe I can do that there? I've recieved first reports back, public beta is the next release, hopefully in this upcoming week.

Edited by IceBreakr

Looking forward to it. I put some images on my host as I found them to be too good to be hidden away in a .zip :)

th_isladuala_v08_27.jpg

th_isladuala_v08_23.jpg

th_isladuala_v08_22.jpg

th_isladuala_v08_20.jpg

Drew: well, there is plan but what kind of setting would you like? Isla Duala is surrounded with couple of smaller islands, maybe I can do that there? I've recieved first reports back, public beta is the next release, hopefully in this upcoming week.

Jungle/rainforest setting would be awesome, with waterfalls rivers, streams, that sort of thing, add some ambient noises like you hear in the rainforest (IE birds & parrots and shit like that) that would be awesome :D