Nice, ill defo be making missions for this too, loved Tonal so i will definitely love this.

Nice work Ice... lots of shallow valleys to hide cobras and apaches in :)

Can't wait to see your work up close, looks really impressive.

Update:

- I'll do alpha testing with my boys at 2100 CET

- redid satellite textures to be 20% more hi-res

- added more grassy patches and a jungle/marsh section on East

- putt together more outpost/depot/town/village templates to be used later

- drawing plans of big towns based on real Africa counterparts (various countries)

- two large airports while still checking out location to put down 2 dirt-strip ones

- making rivers passable with humvees on couple of places

- added smaller islands that will feature villages and thick jungles.

Hopefully I can enter beta stage soon and share the work with you. Of course I'll listen and add/change stuff according to good ideas you fellas have :)

this might or might not be usefull.

I know a site which has alot of photo's of a particular town in Congo (drc not brazzeville) called stanleyville which was the site of heavy fighting during the congo crisis with it being overrun by simba rebels,belgian paratroopers..etc

the problem is that the site is in french and it can be pretty difficult to find suitable pictures but if you look closely you can find alot about the buildings and layout of the town during the period right in front of and during the dekolonisation.

http://www.stanleyville.be/

see what you can do with it and if you have questions regarding the site or the congo crisis just ask

well my nick is derived from the a rather old dutch name "jos" with the diminutive -ke behind it.

but there are also slavic language names that sound ridiculous in dutch, like i once heard about an immigrant from the eastern block called "lulzec kakzec" or something which means in dutch something like dick-zec shit-zec.

Hopefully I can enter beta stage soon and share the work with you. Of course I'll listen and add/change stuff according to good ideas you fellas have :)

I'm looking forward to try and report :cool:

The gangsters and terrorists in schnap's pack will do for guerillas for now i suppose

OMG!!! Remindes me Far Cry 2. Looks even better... Can't wait!

Wow man you are really putting a lot of effort into this, it really looks brilliant.

Update:

- 2 days work on new textures, now soil is more red/terra-rossa (Sierra Leone like) and features a new additional texture of dried our soil.

- couple of trees will soon get their missing collision models

- made ~50% templates of FOBs, outposts, police stations and other facilities

- done sketches of both major capitol towns

Please help out complete this new map by supplying me with any photos of bases and other kind of facilities from Africa that I try to recreate.

to the fabulous icebreakr:I saw in another thread you r going to create a city for "black hawk down" style missions in duala....hmmm...wondering its size....hoping at least the half of avgani...

Aelin: well I'll use non-entrable buildings so its a challenge to create a big city with realistic areas (marketplaces, commercial areas, industrial zone etc.). If anyone can give me tips on how to create realistic powerlines with powerstations I would be really grateful.

I got a help with templates today (bases, stations, outposts) so that will surely speed up the process of making. I'll have new internal version ready soon and as soon as we reach beta state I'll make it public for you to shred it apart but for mostly to give feedback on what you would like to get fixed in final release :)

Aelin: well I'll use non-entrable buildings so its a challenge to create a big city with realistic areas (marketplaces, commercial areas, industrial zone etc.).

So you ain't gonna use entrable buildings at all or did i missunderstand you?

to shape your power lines, you shoudnt worry about building power lines inside towns, most towns who dont have there own power plant have a transitor station, and in most cases this is located on the edge of town, and the town itself is then suplied trough underground lines.

on a bigger level your power lines should originate from a power plant and to the transitor stations at the edges of different towns.

the route these powerlines take depends, they can either take the direct route which would be trough the countryside, this is mostly used for the bigger powerlines.

secondly you can also build them along a road, although this is mostly used for small powerlines and telephone wires.

JW Custom: there will be both, but I'll have to use A1 assets (South Sahrani like).

joske: I know how stuff goes in RL, but I wonder how to build that in engine. I guess I would have to put down could of powerlines and set wires on correct height and they use copy/paste/rotate?

JW Custom: there will be both, but I'll have to use A1 assets (South Sahrani like).

Ahh thank god :p