Nightrain tnx, much better :)

Pathetic_Berserker: I'll release one more patch when:

- coordinate system is fixed

- berghoff checks plants AI-issue (I might even exclude them from the pack)

- myke and I decide what will we do with MissileBox

I'll call it 1.92: Nitpicker Edition.

Edited by IceBreakr

One thing I like to ask from Icebreakr.. Because you´ve been saying that Duala is kind of tribute to a old Tonal addon back in OFP times. I remember when I played Tonal, it had also an african "speech" with a locals. If I remember right, the sounds/speaks was ripped from some Delta Force game. Anyway the atmosphere was very cool when those African forces actually shout and talk some african language.

Could that kind of "language pack" be possible to have in Duala, ever ?

Maltti

Maltti: Of course that's possible. I'll see what I can do. I also have OFP + Tonal on my harddrive ;)

I'll call it 1.91: Nitpicker Edition.

:pc:

+1

Haha.

You could add a new easteregg sign in the Duala villages: "Everytime you complain about addon dependancies God kills a kitten!" :D

Maltti: Of course that's possible. I'll see what I can do. I also have OFP + Tonal on my harddrive ;)

Whoah, really ? That would be a perfect add to already awesome addon you have there! I´ll keep my eyes on this thread thats for sure.

Maltti

Nightrain tnx, much better :)

Pathetic_Berserker: I'll release one more patch when:

- coordinate system is fixed

- berghoff checks plants AI-issue (I might even exclude them from the pack)

- myke and I decide what will we do with MissileBox

I look forward to the new release, i hope you work out a solution for the MissileBox for those 'like to moan' ;)

If someone can give me info how can I "make a new language" that would be great (for my new island + faction, heh) ;) for Molatians I'll just add random shouts :)

The only thing I think is missing from this great project (that can't be filled by other addons) is a more full civilian pack. One of the good things about Tonal was it had a pretty varied set of civilians who were suitable for different time periods (that is, dressed in traditional or just plain clothing). I'm currently making some missions on Duala set during the seventies and it looks a bit odd if civilians have modern-day clothing with web addresses and stuff on them. That and there are no women.

I know IceBreakr is probably waaaay past being bothered to make anything else for Duala now, but I thought I'd put this out there anyway.

Also, as for voices, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder has a pretty decent array of Spanish OPFOR voice clips. That's what I use for combat shouts in Duala missions.

If someone can give me info how can I "make a new language" that would be great (for my new island + faction, heh) ;) for Molatians I'll just add random shouts :)

Try Wolfrug. After his DSAI pack.

Except that your missiles / bombs behave differently from other people that don't have the box. Unfair even in coop, and probably considered cheating in PvP.

IMO a model replacement / supplement, like a sound replacement, shouldn't touch config properties, such things should be seperated, so that server owners can allow replacement addons freely (optionally), while property changes are either denied, or allowed and enforced - forcing everyone equal on the server.

Now nobody actually realizes that missilebox (a model replacement/supplement),

is changing the behaviour of some of the players, but not others.

But, this is rather off-topic and a question of design, and involves a lot of mods.

your hipocracy makes me want to vomit.

Your idioticy makes me laugh.

Perhaps don't respond when you have no clue what you are actually talking about.

Shame on me for actually thinking one could discuss things in a civil matter in public.

Edited by Sickboy

Your blatant disregard for the forum rules makes me want to vomit. Since your accumulated points would otherwise have resulted in a ban, I'll go easy on you and let you have a week off to decide whether or not you wish to be a part of this forum.

Please stay on topic, guys. If IceBreakr wishes to add or remove anything it will be his decision.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Since a member of Duala project % contributor (wld427) is under ban, there will be no updates for at least a week. Its time to re-think the whole matter.

Ah. Eddie is central to one of my projects that was due out this week too. That's now on hold as well.

Since a member of Duala project % contributor (wld427) is under ban, there will be no updates for at least a week. Its time to re-think the whole matter.

Aww, perfect. Thx a lot missile-box-complaining-bunch.. i do pm regarding alice for civ_afr ice

Aww, perfect. Thx a lot missile-box-complaining-bunch.. i do pm regarding alice for civ_afr ice
Sorry for off-topic, but the dude is temp-banned for breaking forum rules repeatedly.

It has nothing to do with missile-box-complaining-bunch or otherwise.

^This.

Now, let this post be the last offtopic post here, please. :)

Sorry for off-topic, but the dude is temp-banned for breaking forum rules repeatedly.

It has nothing to do with missile-box-complaining-bunch or otherwise.

tbh sick, i know what you mean, i seriously cannot understand this whole offtopic thing and discussion about the addon. He is doing free content, i really appreciate that and that's it. I do understand your point..

I always thought this is the best community i've ever seen in my whole gaming-life..And it should be like that..So it would be awesome if Zip unbans him, all cool down a bit..jeez

Edit: Sorry Zipper, was meanwhile, last one

Your blatant disregard for the forum rules makes me want to vomit. Since your accumulated points would otherwise have resulted in a ban, I'll go easy on you and let you have a week off to decide whether or not you wish to be a part of this forum.

Out of curiosity, what rule/s did he break? He wasn't abusive or swearing, atleast IMO he stated his opinion. Perhaps a warning/PM about it if you found it a real issue, I don't see why it constituted ban response.*

OT: Great work on the release IceBreakr, Duala has always been one of my favoriate community islands in ArmA/ArmA II. I look forward to the next release, and if you need any help/a hand with any work on the army addons feel free to msg me and I'll do what I can :)

* note: I'm not trying to be confrontational or cause issues Zipper, I'm just trying to understand how a harmless sentence ended with a ban and request the decision be reviewed.

Two guys here put their projects on hold because one guy has been temporary banned.

So now we Moderators should be careful with giving infractions/warnings because we could hit the 'wrong' guy? Sorry guys but I think now it gets laughable.

wld427 is on a 7 days post restriction for his offensive reply to Sickboys opinion. It could be seen as spam post at least, or as insulting another member in worst case. However the result would have been (another) infraction for him.

wld427 had 4 infractions in the past, this 5th one would have resulted in a 90 days ban - this happens automatically, nothing we could prevent.

So instead giving him another infraction and having him banned for 90 days, zipper gave him a 7 days post restriction - which is technically the same though.

7 days away from a forum one can survive, and there are other communication options. And I highly doubt that any work wld427 is doing for the various Mods here is organized by forum PMs.

What a complete bullshit to ban someone because of that, especially someone like Wld.

What is it good for?

..sad to see all the goods this community had left leave more and more

Easy W0lle,

can't you imagine that people will wait with a release so other people that have spent some vital input to the project can enjoy the full show and aren't damned to just watch and sit tight?

You might have heard of it in the past, it is called "solidarity".....rare enough these days.