Too bad but I don't have a choice.

You only do that because you don't wanna use CBA on the server???

EDIT: i don't wanna make you angry, but i really , really don't get your point. You get

- a new island (for free)

- the island's units(for free)

- new jets + awesome rockets and ballistics(for free)

When i remember Baf or Pmc , i get a small map(really small compared to this one) , some units some vehicles and thats 9 Euro for me.

Sorry but that's all i can say...

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

CBA AND GLT missilebox.

I think it is pointless to add 2 addon dependencies for one plane.

I'm out of this thread now.

CBA AND GLT missilebox.

Yes, it is pointless to add 2 addon dependencies for one plane.

Nobody wants you outta here, it's just pros and cons.

CBA is some kind of "must-have" thing , we need it for exmaple for ACRE and other awesome addons. Is the server running bad when you add these 2 additional addons? If yes, i can understand..all i can say, the server i play on is not high end, and all works fine. And i am very happy that people like icebreakr provide us different environments for free and the only thing i have to do is adding some addons on the server..

Just remove the glt box and the aircraft addon from the addon folder. Not a big deal. You don't like it just take it out.

I haven't been following the discussion lately, but what's the issue with having to put CBA and GLT Missile box on a server?

They are both very easy to find downloads for and they are fairly small downloads as well.

Just go back two pages to catch up. Some people are mad that they have to download the extras in this.

You obviously dont scan EVERY post .... Robalo_AS has released the 8 figure grids for nearly every island!

Gotta keep up in this game !

i've tried Robalo addon but there are 8 digits only in the gps,the map has 6 digits,i need the old duala 1.81 with 8 digits maps.

THX

I just don't get what the argument is all about. Icebreakr works hard and always makes us incredible islands. If that means I gotta download a couple of small addons (that everyone should have already) so be it. It's well worth the download for what you're getting.

@Icebreakr Don't take all their criticism too harshly. You did a great job on another great island and we all appreciate the hard work you put in on this project. Thank you!

=^.^=,,,

If it's really that easy (aka just remove the plane's PBO) then I really don't see why you don't have a choice. Whoever thinks it's too much to use CBA and missilebox for 1 plane that he doesn't even want can simply not add that plane to the package. The only problem is it's slightly more complicated for those who have no clue when they need to delete a PBO from the folder, but then again not including it will make it more complicated for those who do want that extra plane, so there's really no better solution here. Either way one group of users is going to need to take 1 extra step to make things work the way they want to.

What Lonestar wants (apparently) is for IceBreakr to eep the viggen, but remove the CBA and MissileBox dependencies.

Sorry pal, but you can't get everything your way. If you want the plane, you gotta use em.

hey

me and a few mates were messing about last night with all the new kit

i figured out another error with AUG,the cocking handle shouldnt move at all when you fire it, as the cocking handle isnt attached to the mechanism

only when you run out of ammo do you need to cock the weapon

CBA AND GLT missilebox.

I think it is pointless to add 2 addon dependencies for one plane.

I totally and completly agree with Lonestar.

And the "solution" of removing the Viggen in order to get rid of the CBA and missilebox addons is a no-go for the public server which I help to admin. Imagine if someone has the complete package (including Viggen and it's addon dependencies), will it be able to enter in the server? Perhaps yes, if the CBA and missilebox addons have Duala serverkeys (I'm not at home to confirm it) but if not than that person will not enter the server which is a "no-go" situation for me (and the server that I admin).

The community that I belong to wants and prefer to play with VANILLA/STOCK ArmA, so ANY ADDON that CHANGES gameplay such as the "missilebox addon" is simply NOT accepted in our server!

Icebreakr, I admire your work very much and one of the reasons was because your maps are not only awesome, but also because they require no addons (I prefer addons that need other addons) and an excelent example of what a map should like and be like is for example your Lingor island (which required no "3rd party" addons at all). The reason why you didn't follow this trend with Duala really puzzles me and don't get me wrong but unless a version of Duala (full) with gets released without any need for "3rd party" addons, Duala is simply out from the server that I help to admin.

Thankfully we have Lingor to play with (not Africa, but similar).

If your guys hate addons so much, why don't you play the lite version? It is as addon-free as it gets. Sure the units don't alter gameplay so you might not hate those, but why remove duala altogether when you can still use the lite without any of the problems you're complaining about?

Like I said earlier, there is no way to please everyone. Those who like the airplane would prefer it included, and those that don't would prefer that it isn't. You can't have both things at the same time, unless you make 2 separate download packs.

the rebel soldiers OPFOR with ak47 and another big and dangerous weapons are... CIVILIANS. :(

anyway, is a great addon. very good job!

reminds me Tonal island from OFP.

Edited by Vinque

Damn, this sounds like I'm spliting community with one addon that would improve the gameplay considerably, but no... sounds like Queens Gambit all over again.

just not listen to VANILLA fan boys,arma is meant for addons,like DUALA

Damn, this sounds like I'm spliting community with one addon that would improve the gameplay considerably, but no... sounds like Queens Gambit all over again.

Seriously just ignore the people that are complaining. In the day and age of Broadband internet, downloading a few extra addons is really NOT a big deal.

If they don't like it, they can use the lite version (as other people have said).

I personally really love the fact that you added in new units, gives something extra to play with :)

As always, keep up the great work!

Of course it is IceBeaker's choice, no argument there but I'm not sure he fully appreciates the implications. The server key system isn't flexible enough to only allow glt_missilebox with this one island so if a server-op wants to run Duala at all they are then forced to allow missile box with any mission played on their server and unless they then require every player to have it there is going to be a mismatch in weapon performance between players which is at best highly undesirable and may very well lead to worse problems. Yes they could remove just those parts of the package which cause the dependency but then every other player who wants to join their key-protected server will have to as well. Again, I think it is in IceBreaker's interests to fully appreciate this as a lot of server-ops will likely just not use it anymore.

My problem with CBA is sometimes I have the feeling it adds lags. And often the stupid (sorry but thats how I feel about it) "Credits" message will lag, so you play the game and after some minutes in suddenly the screen goes black and that message appears.

My problem with CBA is sometimes I have the feeling it adds lags. And often the stupid (sorry but thats how I feel about it) "Credits" message will lag, so you play the game and after some minutes in suddenly the screen goes black and that message appears.

There shouldn't be any lag just from CBA, credits should only appear during pause menu and is also used by 3rd party mods,

but in case you experience issues, please let us know details and repro steps so we can investigate; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues

Also, please make sure you're running the latest version of CBA, available @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files and SU.

Edited by Sickboy

CBA is 1 MB and is an essential mod to so many mods and missions, it should be included in an official BIS patch.

Also, if anyone cares about stuff that flies, they would most likely want the missilebox addon too. If not, they just delete the plane and dependencies.

Really not a big deal as some people make it look like.

i've tried Robalo addon but there are 8 digits only in the gps,the map has 6 digits,i need the old duala 1.81 with 8 digits maps.

THX

Heh, having 10 x 10m grids on the map is way too much, should be considered a bug. They are like that because we did not figure out earlier how to show more digits on GPS without having as many on the map too. Show me maps with those kind of grids. Hardcore realsim guys actually want maps with only 1000m grids.

Edited by Robalo_AS

I don't agree with you Robalo,our maps in Afghanistan were 10x10m,so i don't get the point about hardcore realism guys...when you have to set up a check point in a street or plan a house by house search, you really need a 10x10 scale map.

To be very accurate our map had 8 digits and also small quadrants 10x10 were splitted in 4 sub sectors named A/B/C/D

The old duala 1.81 had those 8 digits grids.

Using ACE artillery,8 digits are really much appreciated

The old duala 1.81 had those 8 digits grids.

Negative, Duala had no grid config at all, just inherited grid config from the Utes map. Only with ACE you had the 8 digits instead of game's default 6 digits (I'm the one to blame for that btw). Relevant discussion here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16286, feel free to chime in if you want 8 digit map grids preserved in ACE :)

Edited by Robalo_AS

And now for something completely different ...

Project Isla Duala in pictures

Tnx to El Diablo (object templates, ideas & research, tests) and Berghoff for his excellent vegetation pack first and continuous support. PeterGrozni, Smukec, Maj Z., Smuky, Sahbazz and rest of SBP Team for all the tests and other beta testers for all the reports.

isladual_01.jpg

isladual_02.jpg

isladual_03.jpg

isladual_04.jpg

isladual_05.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr