I know your working hard on Lingor currently, but do you plan on expanding the armies of both sides for Isla Duala? even if their just reskins, some more vehicles would be much welcome :cool:

I know you'd expect answer from IceBreakr himself, but I do recall a statement IceBreakr once made, telling that all work regarding Isla Duala has permanently ceased. That would mean no Duala-army expansions should be expected from IceBreakr's hand, anytime soon, if not permanently for that matter.

Just thought to let you know.

Thani '82: never say never :P I might upgrade Duala to a better texture in near future ;)

If you think I made a substantial contribution to the community with Project Duala, please take a moment and vote for me in Community Awards 2010.

p.s. Currently we have 110 facebook fans.

Edited by IceBreakr

Is Isla Duala like one of those map/mission that everything is ready to play with enemies in their positions or do I have to manually place the enemies in the editor? I place my player in the map expecting to see the enemy but the map is empty of A.I.

Is Isla Duala like one of those map/mission that everything is ready to play with enemies in their positions or do I have to manually place the enemies in the editor? I place my player in the map expecting to see the enemy but the map is empty of A.I.

Duala is just the map, you need to set up your own missions in the editor, or download missions made for Duala. The whole idea of maps is that they're empty, leaving you the flexibility to do whatever you want.

Duala is just the map, you need to set up your own missions in the editor, or download missions made for Duala. The whole idea of maps is that they're empty, leaving you the flexibility to do whatever you want.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess i got confuse the fact that Duala has a story with factions and all which gave me the impression that the stage was set for my invasion, lol. I joined the forums about 5 days ago so now I know better.

No worries, happy to help. Hang around on these forums for a while and you'll find that there's no shortage of missions for pretty much any map. And of course making your own in the editor. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to set up for your own editor based missions on duala, might I suggest Dynamic AI Creator (DAC). It can be as simple as opening your editor, setting up a zone full of enemies, a zone full of good guys, and 20 seconds later standing back to watch things get interesting.

No worries, happy to help. Hang around on these forums for a while and you'll find that there's no shortage of missions for pretty much any map. And of course making your own in the editor. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to set up for your own editor based missions on duala, might I suggest Dynamic AI Creator (DAC). It can be as simple as opening your editor, setting up a zone full of enemies, a zone full of good guys, and 20 seconds later standing back to watch things get interesting.

Thanks for the tip! I actually stumble upon DAC yesterday by accident but I decided to wait for that file because I'm still at Boot Camp, lol. But now that you mentioned DAC and how I can use it in Duala, I will go ahead and download DAC. Thanks.

Edited by Lorca

Are there any intentions to update the units for OA (thermal textures and whatever else may be needed)?

No, there will be no thermal textures fix, since OA is not required for this project.

But...

there will be an update for the rest of the units. Molatian Army bought a new squadron of Mig-21MFs for CAS and air patrol.

Afrenian Army is meanwhile negotiating a batch of Leo 1A5s. Crews have already finally finished training for the new upcoming armored division. But they are still not up to the number of tanks Molatia has. Both sides are supplied by the same weapons dealer, wld427 of PRACS :)

It seems both countries are on the brink of a new full scale war...

Edited by IceBreakr

Hi psvialli: You can use 0 and 1 I think. Two have ILS: Boryana on West and Arnoldstein on North.

Ok, to get back on topic. As you probably know Duala 1.9 is coming. Here's a sneak peak of new Afrenian armor, Leopard 1A5 [wiki].

Credits

wld427/Project RACS - textures, config, help & support

Vilas - outstanding model

DataKill - .psd files for easier work

IceBreakr - leopard skin texture, wear & tear, dirt

leo1s.jpg

leo2s.jpg

leo3s.jpg

leo4s.jpg

leo_wip.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Tanks IceBreakr;) My new Seal Team 6 campaign is set on this map and I'm sure players will come to appreciate your work even more.

Schweetz!

Your islands are always some of the best. They always have such a realistic and organic feel to them. Isla Duala is one of our favs.

Having great units & vehicles to play on such great islands is a definite plus. The new tank looks incredible. We can't hardly wait to give it a try.

^_^,v,,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would love to see these units used in a Molatian vs Afrenian CTI mission.

Edited by kage74

Holy "#¤R%&/()= :eek:

Will afrenian infantry be getting any desert uniforms and custom models maybe someday? :)

Leopard looking great there. :cool: Glad your working on Duala, it's one of my favorites. I was a bit disappointed that you had to remove the bridges due to the AI problem. Was there ever a fix for that?

When I was in Jamaica on vacation, I remember seeing/crossing a bridge that was under water. It was made of stone/concrete and vehicles were able to pass with about a foot of water. That would be cool to see on Duala, giving more of a third world feel. Just a thought there.

Continued excellence in your addons is why I nominated you for one of the BIS community award categories. Keep it up! :D

The tanks "camouflage" looks cool.

I am presuming the tank controls will be OA oriented with range settings etc.

It's like a tank painted like something a hooker would wear. I for one welcome our new armored whore overlords.