Place GameLogic and fill initialization field with:

if(isServer)then{{_x setdamage 1} foreach (position THIS nearObjects ["House",500])}

but you say about destroy of all objects, but look at such thing :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/wyspa4.jpg

from OFP, so can such border war zone is possible ?

cause all destroyed buidlings in Arma will be small heap of bricks, and war-zone will be flat

is such thing on border would be possible ?

cheers guys will repost later with some screenie..

love the idea Ice

Edited by Scopey

Unless im missing something Scopey mate, proberly best to start your own thread and share you hard workings there rather than using Ice's one.

hi IceBreakr just a short one from me as you mentioned before it will be mostly Desert mixed in with abit of Jungle, how will the changing geography of the two interwine i.e. will it be normal desert upto a point then straight into different kind of follidge?, i only ask because i am a big fan of panthera, and i noticed a rather ubrupted change in scenery when it went from 'green' land to more deserty. It may not seem a really important question i can understand just something i can bare in-mind when doing using it.

Regards, Jeza

Not to put you down, but 25x25? :butbut: are you sure you want to go with something THAT big?

Largest City on the west coast. it will be an island with 4 bridges from the main island.

Bridges in Arma with the current AI pathfinding are a bit of a mess.. Anyway, good luck with your project ;) But i think you should start with something "little" ( assuming that is your first map )

Oh yeah you should open your own thread for your projects. :)

Jezaa: well, oasis will have ubrupt change, forest will pass to savannah first (bushes, grass) then thick jungle.

Aelin: will post 'em when they're done, at least capital two ones.

Still a lot of work ahead (villages, secondary road networks) but Duala is slowly but surely coming to life ;)

dualatest.jpg

dualatest2.jpg

Beautiful work IceBreakr, looking forward to creating very large scenarios on this island! Keep it up!

I am really waiting for this new supreme work..my fantasy is flying through duala's skies looking for.....places to put in triggers to blow up the tension at the border...

Man that's really starting to look good. Like Pantheras I think we've got another masterpiece on our hands.

Guys, I'm seeking a helping hand. I would need someone to make:

- smaller FOBs & camps

- road checkpoint areas

- fortifications on hills

Nothing fancy, just empty areas so we can put down - no details needed, mainly only walls and couple of buildings (depots, hangars etc) - details will be done by mission makers so I need really clean stuff, with empty space to put down vehicles, crates etc - nothing fancy.

I need these "templates" in blank Visitor3 PEW file so I can copy&paste them to the map when I'm wrapping up the settlements phase of this project. Only official Arma2 objects may be used!

List of required stuff: (*DONE* = already complete!)

- 4 airports (2 major, 2 makeshift) *DONE*

- standard armybase

- road block checkpoint 1 (small)

- road block checkpoint 2 (big)

- fuel depot

- training camp

- border watch camp

- ammo storage

- ammo depot big

- border tank bunker wide

- aa site

- jungle cammo hidden camp

- tank factory

- heliport

p.s. size of bases shouldn't be bigger than 150m-200m, since island is 10x10km. I'm looking for nice African feel to it ;)

Anyone? Please assist if you have cool ideas, making of these doesnt take long and your assistance would considerably speed up the release of this island (first in beta state). Thank you.

NZX's M1151 loves the water ;)

m1151.jpg

We're testing alpha release of sector Gerenuk this Thursday ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

visitor PEW, etc is way over my head, sorry Icebreakr. Your latest map is looking sweet and I'm eager to die repeatedly on it!

I'm completely redoing textures (inc. sat-image) so it will be in very high quality.

I'm completely redoing textures (inc. sat-image) so it will be in very high quality.

I'm looking forward to make missions for your island :cool:

Hopefully I'll have alpha done by Thursday (err tommorow), terrain is complete: rocky desert that slowly passes to savannah. Bigger slopes all feature high res textures of rocks and on East (as on Tonal) you can find a thick jungle. Greatest addition to my island is Berghoff's outstanding work on vegatation, Africa really comes to Arma 2 with it ;) I just got sick and tired of all the promises on African islands (even going back to A1) and decided to make one myself.

I'll post a pic or two after my team makes an alpha test. Don't worry, I won't let you down folks ;)

IceBreakr, with the work you do, you let no one down. I would help to create installations, but I can't seem to figure out the damn Visitor Editor. Great work.

Pilots might enjoy this one, since claustrophobic valleys of Panthera will be replaced with something like ...

isladuala_harrier.jpg

this.

I think the map would suite armor too, great to finally see pictures of this ever-getting-better looking map! Like I once mentioned before, I absolutely like to break through a heavy fortified border, or atleast what a missionmaker is free to place around the border.

Good luck finishing this splendid project to all who have a part in finishing the final product!

When this is done I will be creating some missions , might even group them in a campaign, to losely recreate the activities of executive outcomes in sierra leone in 1995 using schnaps desert mercs addon.

Some kinda sweetness there. since i'm not too swift at making missions, but bend others work to my will, may do a BE warfare port to it. a version of Zonekiller's battlefield2 may be nice here as well.