Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Yeh i forgot to add, 3 weeks after announcing the dolls clothes they still arnt available. Nothing works out for CM, 1 thing after another is a stuff up involving DR.

I can't believe that some people are willing to pay for such ... things. Am I dreaming?

Why don't we set up a shop and sell ArmA II merchandising stuff? ArmA - the towel, ArmA - the spoon set, ArmA - the flame thrower!

Seems very ironical that stuff around the game is more interesting than the game itself :pet1:

HAHAHA there are really People paying for something like this? OMG this World is so f***** up

Please don´t close the Thread, its always fun to come here

Edited by Tonci87

I bet this guy is a fat boy of about 200 kg, which never came out of the house all his life and he don't knows how looks like a real beauty, a forest, a mountain, a beach. I feel pity for his stupidity.

As for CM, I think it has already sold a dream (or a nightmare) called Dragon Rising, don't you think?

@Tonci87

Yes it is fun, but too much insertion on this DR rotten corpse, and it is already proved that Templar is the best coroner, for the moment is enough for me.

I bet this guy is a fat boy of about 200 kg, which never came out of the house all his life and he don't knows how looks like a real beauty, a forest, a mountain, a beach. I feel pity for his stupidity.

As for CM, I think it has already sold a dream (or a nightmare) called Dragon Rising, don't you think?

Whatever his fitness level, he must be rich!

I think if this should be a DR or CM bash thread it can be closed because everyone knows now that the game has major problems and is not the "real" follower of the good old OFP.

But if there are any DR players like me here we can use it to discuss the game, user made missions or something.

But if there are any DR players like me here we can use it to discuss the game, user made missions or something.

I doubt there are many DR fanboys around these forums so how about discussing the game on the CM forums, i know it sounds crazy but it's just an idea :eek:

Lol - why dont you go and discuss such specific DR things in the forums of CM?

I think he'd like an unbias discussion, which seems near impossible on either forums.

I doubt there are many DR fanboys around these forums so how about discussing the game on the CM forums, i know it sounds crazy but it's just an idea :eek:

Then tell me what was the meaning of this thread ?

I see that the AI cheats in DR, knows where you are.

AI in Arma2 only knows where you were.

You all definately should watch this video :D Just found it on YT.

[YOUUBE]TWkbNboZwUg[/YOUTUBE]

another video showing an AI unit without an echelon. which makes it invalid as a comparison. you cant compare all of the AI in one game, to half the AI in another. unless your trying to be bias

you know I was just thinking about this very same thing for all the ARMA2 fanboys that go over to the CM forum and do nothing but post about ARMA2.

Edited by Placebo

another video showing an AI unit without an echelon. which makes it invalid as a comparison. you cant compare all of the AI in one game, to half the AI in another. unless your trying to be bias

you know I was just thinking about this very same thing for all the ARMA2 fanboys that go over to the CM forum and do nothing but post about ARMA2.

The bots occasionally moved which means he was using one. Echelons don't change the fact that they have no aiming prediction.

Well then, templar, why is it that a soldier (without being told to do anything) is able to do that in ArmA II, but needs such thing as the Echelon in DR (something that is meant to be used to create squads, not improve the AI) to work properly?

Then tell me what was the meaning of this thread ?

I think it was to avoid having 100's of threads all over the forums comparing DR to ArmA 2 ;)

There's a chance that more people on the CM forums will agree on your opinions about DR than on these forums :)

Well then, templar, why is it that a soldier (without being told to do anything) is able to do that in ArmA II, but needs such thing as the Echelon in DR (something that is meant to be used to create squads, not improve the AI) to work properly?

adding an echelon is not telling a unit to do anything. as to why its like that, ask the devs, I have no idea why they built all the high level AI into the echelon entity, but they did.

and units will still move around without an echelon if :

they have no ammo

there moral breaks

they are suppressed

True or False the enemy AI cheats? It knew which side of that wall he was going to be at. It was tracking him.

as far as I know it only cheats like that when smoke is involved, when you or an AI moves behind a solid object, the game does movement prediction. I have seen this many times in action watching the map as my AI fight the enemy, an enemy will go behind a building and out of sight, the enemy marker will become transparent (meaning no longer in sight) but continue moving in the direction the ai was last travelling in, then often it will either stop or dissapear. but you quite often see them snap back to the real position of the unit when someone gets an eye on him.

this is just my opinion, but read sig ;)

So make a fair comparison. Test ai on DR without an echelon, and test arma 2 ai on lowest skill level.

The best in this video was the theme music from Vietcong: Fist Alpha :yay:

So make a fair comparison. Test ai on DR without an echelon, and test arma 2 ai on lowest skill level.

how is that a fair comparison?

100% ARMA2 AI vs 50% DR AI

how do you not get this.

to set AI to the lowest skill level in DR, you set there experience to green, not remove the echelon.

again, without the ECHELON, AI in DR are missing HALF of the AI components. For example, the playbook is used by the echelon, not the unit. Creating there own orders in reaction to situations is again done by the echelon.

Codemasters have no idea how to program AI, it seems.

Technically, what is placed in the editor should be what both devs find to be "100%". So placing an AI with the normal settings in DR, and placing the AI with normal settings in ArmA II, should be exactly how it's tested. In that case, DR clearly fails.

And you could even take it a step further and do as Bulldogs said. But theoretically, that isn't really a fair comparison. I still believe that even with an Echelon in use, DR's AI would not have a significant improvement in the tests done in this video.

well I just made a verrrrry quick test with a concrete bunker between me and a pla unit on normal difficulty, but with an echelon.

I popped my head out like in the video, he saw me, I then moved behind and he immediately ran around the bunker and killed me