Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Templar can you link your thread in the bis forums for the others plz?

Then follow the whole thread, you have no clue how to give any commands. You never played that games.

And you are all what i said. Just take a look to our last conversation:

The 2nd thread got deleted and i got banned, its a shame that the 2nd thread got deleted because it was full of truth. But thats the reason why it was deleted.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/402748-arma-2-vs-ofp-dr.html

As i said stay with your arcade fps, its fine. We know you are such a little fanboy, but you have no clue about the real deal (A2).

Edited by Pain0815

sorry whos the fanboy? listen to yourself LOL

WOW there are so many people over here that get way to emotional over this stuff. It entertains me to no end

After testing OFP DR it is clear its not even in the same category of games as ARMA. Sure its war, but thats where it all ends. It felt arcade right through and its a console port. DR to me personally felt like a pile of shit.

PS. Somehow walking in DR made me think of a pony the way the weapon jumped 700RPM up and down. Pure headache.

As i said stay with your arcade fps, its fine. We know you are such a little fanboy, but you have no clue about the real deal (A2).

Ohh man...where is the nanny ?

I really thought the standard is higher here...

WOW there are so many people over here that get way to emotional over this stuff. It entertains me to no end

Oh, the feelings mutual. It's fun watching people over at the DR forums insist that the AI is amazing, isn't it? And that it's the most realistic shooter EVAR. Good times to be had for all.

Same you do there, just read your comments. (really bad that the other thread got deleted)

The game is broken, over 80% of the ppl in the cm forums think so too.

I think thats says enough.

People wasted their money because of lies and false public relations. They have a right to be pissed off!

And if someone shows the diffrents between to games which aimed for the same genre and a little moron is comming and say that you cant complain them with stupid reasons then its the same shit.

And you want know why we write here about it? Because you cant do that in the forum for the game. The Cm forums are cesored!

Edited by Pain0815

Yeah templar I´m really well entertained when reading the Codemasters forum as well^^

Regarding the AI, I made a quick mission in which I was a sniper on a hill 400m awayfrom a fireteam. I set them a few waypoints, and off they went. I fired a shot into the middle of them. They lay down. For 5 seconds. Then they duckwalked for the rest of they way. Eventually I got bored and rand down to shoot at them with my M16 from behind. THEY KEPT DUCKWALKING!!! Everything Luhgnut said is true. I never thought it was that bad.

(That's is one of the worst comebacks I've ever seen given all the previous points directed towards you)

Then, if its just entertainment, why did you disable comments on your "echelon/no echelon" vid? Emotional? I'd have thought over 1600 posts since Oct is quite a display of emotion felt for your beloved DR.

...and then there is this.

It was ACTUALLY getting people out of a truck, while inside....so I made this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgJxRkl1PTA

(If I remember correctly, it was about giving a move order while in a vehicle using free look, NOT a disembark order. You even state this in the video description. "a video of me giving the move order whilst using the free look in ARMA 2")

If you have a look at your squad status just after giving the order, @0.09, it flicks from "move" to "ready" instantly. In other words, your squad did not follow the order, because...ta daaa...you can't do that while in vehicle.

you know why I left last time, I posted my reason : ARMA2 fanboys insisting the problem is with me, and NEVER with there precious game.

As others have mentioned, the command to dismount, is clearly printed in the quick reference card as ~4,1 as simple as that. Again, with your wisdom, you couldn't figure out a simplistic command such as that.

That was really your first and only post thread regarding Arma2. You tried to do a command that was incorrect, complained that it didn't do what you thought it SHOULD do, then bitch about the command system. The community DID NOT bash you at that time, they were actually welcoming you. I remember it well.

After you left, you came back again to bash the games numerous bugs and pointed out that you couldn't figure out (once again) how to command a squad. THAT'S when the bashing started. You came back and shoved your head into a beehive THAT YOU CREATED. Then complained that the community that initially welcomed you in were now bashing you for returning to the CM forums and ranting on about Arma2. Yeah, I read both.

You can't have your cake and eat it too brother. Also, you posted several times on youtube about the moronic AI of DR. and not once said anything about Arma2. Specifically the video of "Veterans with SMAWS" you state the reason the

AI can't hit the little boat is that they are shooting at the ground I believe your quote was "CM what were you thinking?" You then proceed to pat yourself on the back for this obviously well coveted "non-disclosure" and proceed to now love CM and DR.

Give me a break. Massive hypocrisy there.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

As far as I'm concerned, most of the people in this thread are pretty childish (but compared to me, that's nothing)

Comments about how it's all easier in Arma 2 and how Arma 2 AI is better and Arma 2 is more realistic are fine (cause those comments are obviously true), but insulting people because of their preference is pretty stupid (even if they can sometimes be jerks about it, don't drop to the same level)

That said, I never held that much hostility toward CM til I started browsing the DR forums.

A lot of the time it's fine, but every time I see comments of, "I loved CWC so I'm glad the sequel is finally out", or "This is the most realistic shooter ever!", then my hostility towards CM grows, because that was obviously their aim in using the Operation Flashpoint name, and it succeeded to the most part.

Heck, you look at the CM website, the description of DR still says "Military War Simulator", and as much as people seem to hate Sion Lenton for it, I think his hands were as tied as anyone else. In many interviews people asked him if it's a simulator and each time he gave vague answers which neither confirmed or denied it, with the only thing coming close to a reasonable response being his comment about it being realistic but not as difficult as a mil-sim.

Then again, CM let him go on about features which never made it into the game, so I don't know why his hands were tied on the simulator thing.

Still, regardless of the outcome, it's still hard to accept people going on about DR as "the sequel", but as I keep saying, if a boy band released an album under the name "Metallica", I wouldn't expect it to sound like Master of Puppets, so why would people expect DR to be like Operation Flashpoint.

Enough with the flamebaiting and bashing taking place recently. Either we go back on topic or we decide that we talked long enough about this... ehh game. :)

Most of us should know that feeding the trolls doesn't make them go away.

Arguing over games like this is like arguing over music or religion, everyone's a loser!

Its all opinions. Let the guy make his missions, hes found his niche.

Enough with the flamebaiting and bashing taking place recently. Either we go back on topic or we decide that we talked long enough about this... ehh game. :)

Most of us should know that feeding the trolls doesn't make them go away.

I vote we "discussed" this "game" enough.

Luhgnut;1534981']I vote we "discussed" this "game" enough.

Agree, close this thread :)

Which is better? I really can't tell. I like the fresh opponent which OFDR offers, but at same time i look at what ArmA2 has correct (in my mind) and wish they could be melted into one package.

That is for sure the best sentence of the whole thread...

That is for sure the best sentence of the whole thread...

Are you suggesting you actually read it whole? :p

Sorry for that :)

I agree, we can let this thread go. I think it served it's purpose.

Well the 'problem' with closing the thread is that once closed, surely sooner or later someone comes up and start a new one. ;)

Good point, we can continue discussions while playing the 64 man coop ArmA 2 island war

This thread is really funny, its about clothes for some avatars on xbox. Do people spend money on things like this?

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-consoles-1312/397049-kit-out-your-xbox-live-avatar-some-military-ofpdr-themed-clothing.html

My favourite quote is "I want a shirt that says "I wanted a patch for sh*tty gameplay, but all I got was this F***IN SHIRT!!!!!" "

80points, how much is that worth?

This thread is really funny, its about clothes for some avatars on xbox. Do people spend money on things like this?

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-consoles-1312/397049-kit-out-your-xbox-live-avatar-some-military-ofpdr-themed-clothing.html

My favourite quote is "I want a shirt that says "I wanted a patch for sh*tty gameplay, but all I got was this F***IN SHIRT!!!!!" "

80points, how much is that worth?

Looks like CM even failed to deliver a good quality avatar outfit.

Check this out:

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Krak%20Fox/avatar-body.png

That's the MW2 avatar outfit. Hah.

Oh, well. Its useless anyway.