Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

thanks to col klink for the A-4 model and rygyu for the M60A3

wld427 you in the rest of the team are doing a great job, keep up the great work

Hm I dont get it why some people dont like that fictional RACS skin. Since I wasnt able to find a real life example for such a paint scheme it think BIS did a great job when they invented it for ArmA 1, and the RACS mod utilized and developed it pretty well.

All the guys who a screaming for USMC / Navy whatever variants seem to forget that this is the Armed Assault Universe, and the RACS is just a part of it like the Navy or the Marines. Especially since BIS keeps referring to them.

A bit of a critique on the Skyhawk (Scooter). Looks like an A-4F Skyhawk from the general body style. Unfortunately, it looks like it has intakes smaller than the A-4B (which had the smallest) and is fush mounted on the fuselage. The refueling prob is that of the A-4B, straight instead of curved like on the A-4E/F. Also, the A-4 could never mount a fully loaded TER (Triple Ejector Rack). The inside ordinance rack would clip the landing gear doors. Also looks like the end of the fueling probe could use some metal texture along with the rest of the probe (usually painted the base color of the aircraft in this case tan).

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Edited by suhsjake

I have the same model as the RACS guys. Clink gave me the ok to mod it also. It does have the curved refule probe, you just can't tell from the pics.

Great work guys please keep it up!

A bit of a critique on the Skyhawk (Scooter). Looks like an A-4F Skyhawk from the general body style. Unfortunately, it looks like it has intakes smaller than the A-4B (which had the smallest) and is fush mounted on the fuselage. The refueling prob is that of the A-4B, straight instead of curved like on the A-4E/F. Also, the A-4 could never mount a fully loaded TER (Triple Ejector Rack). The inside ordinance rack would clip the landing gear doors. Also looks like the end of the fueling probe could use some metal texture along with the rest of the probe (usually painted the base color of the aircraft in this case tan).

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

well the model is not perfect but its what we have. Doesnt matter anyways cause a couple threads over people are shouting how us addonmakers are giving them low quality stuff and would rather have DLC. Im sick of the people around here.

What have we said before mate?

Ignore the worthless fuckheads. Stand up, walk forward and stop looking over your shoulder.

GJ on that stuff too.

Gnat;1806421']What have we said before mate?

Ignore the worthless fuckheads. Stand up' date=' walk forward and stop looking over your shoulder.

GJ on that stuff too.[/quote']

you are definately right Gnat.

I work mostly for the dedicated task force lion guys. they are the fellas that have stuck with me thru it all. they are rather greatful for what i do.

i just remember a much better time in this community when it seemed like everyone thought that way.

Its all about what you like to see + use ingame. If you start to pay attention on everyone's opinion - you don't finish anything. Keep it rollin, haters gonna hate... :)

Eddie, you're doing this just for yourself and your fellas. For love and for fun. You have absolutely no responsability with all those stupid inmature nerds.

You know what's important. Health, family and friends. You already have given more than they will ever give. Don't pay attention to them.

PS: And keep the RACS rollin'

Low quality addons are you kidding me sometimes I long for the era of operation flashpoint. I guess the older I get less I understand people. Thanks for just being you Eddie

Hm I dont get it why some people dont like that fictional RACS skin. Since I wasnt able to find a real life example for such a paint scheme it think BIS did a great job when they invented it for ArmA 1, and the RACS mod utilized and developed it pretty well.

It's a scheme used by the British army [pic] (it's been used for a long time, you can find pictures of WW2 vehicles painted in the same way). IIRC, the history of Sahrani is that it used to have pretty strong ties to the British Empire, so they probably picked up the pattern sometime along the way.

Amazing work as always P-RACS team! Don't let some naysayers tell you otherwise, you guys are a huge inspiration to the whole community! :)

Edited by BiggerDave

Thanks guys. In the end i really do this because i like to mod. Plus i know i have alot of silent supporters and to hear you fellas come out here when you do gives me great satisfaction. I know the TFL guys and my supporters are gonna love any bone i throw to them. I also know there are those that will tear apart anything we say or do.

I love that line.....

"Haters are going to hate"

its probably just jealousy manifested in some sort of modern liberal form.

Back to the topic.....

Ive been working my ass off the last few weeks. I really want to get stuff released beyond beta testing phase. I will try to get some more of the team members to post thier testing photos in here. My original plan was to make both Arma2 and OA versions but i scrapped that. My addons will rely on both arma2 and CO. I will nto have anything reliant on the DLCs. So please spend a few bucks, support Bohemia Interactive and run Combined Operations.

Alot of the addons are not stragiht ports fo the old Arma1 Stuff. I have completely reorganized the RACS with better models, textures, and equipment while trying to maintain the American\Euro flavors and roots we put down in arma1.

By the way that offer of 50 bucks to anyone who can get our models working with the arty module is still out there.

oh...and......achem.... Sarge, ballistic, Macadam Cow, where are you....pics please.... :)

Its all about what you like to see + use ingame. If you start to pay attention on everyone's opinion - you don't finish anything. Keep it rollin, haters gonna hate... :)

Oh the irony in that statment.

@ Eddie, just keep going mate. Make it for yourself and your friends. Sod the rest if they don't like it. :D

Edited by RKSL-Rock

@ Eddie, just keep going mate. Make it for yourself and your freinds so the rest if they don't like it.

+1

Eddie, if modding helps you, then continue doing it, but don't bother with those a**holes. YOU are the most important person for yourself. Take care.

Screenshots look amazing - your stuff was awesome on ARMA - I got many miles in your M113 FSV! - looking forward to a public release ! Keep up the great work guys.

Chapman

Screenshots look amazing - your stuff was awesome on ARMA - I got many miles in your M113 FSV! - looking forward to a public release ! Keep up the great work guys.

Chapman

Thanks for the support buddy!

soon you will be able to relive those memories in arma2 and OA :)

Thanks for the support buddy!

soon you will be able to relive those memories in arma2 and OA :)

Yeah, PRACs and Dangerous Designs SLA Mod go really well together, meaning that we can recreate some of the events in ARMA I.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Great work mate, oh how this work has come along since out first attempts at using the shaders in Arma1.

Your work now is nothing short of amazing, people need to remember in most cases these models are recycled with many hundred of hours required to make then look like they do.

For myself I was no longer able to produce addons of enough quality as a few nice people were all too willing to point out to me.

Unfortunately work is too busy for me, else I would offer what little help I could.

Keep at it Eddie, were ready when you are etc.

Southy

Edited by Eble

wld427: you never cease to amaze, eh? Not that I'm bothered with that, heh. Kudos! :)

I like, but shouldn't those Huey's have two bladed rotors?

Look closer, it seems that it is just the blurred proxy that shows 4 blades, the head is definately 2 blades. I guess this is because it is still WIP.

Myke;1809824']I guess this is because it is still WIP.

Yup. It's still in "pre alpha" stage according to wld427.