Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

p.s. amazing, I didn't get *any* ANZAC's F/A-18 requests since I've posted that island image :)

I learned not to beg from my mother... but if I didn't know better, I would be begging for that plane. :)

And all these pictures the last few days, holy shit... looking good everyone.

The loud assholes sure get heard around here, but just know the silent majority appreciate what you all do... just we do it quietly.

I wish I had some kind of talent that I could contribute to your project, or others... need any concrete poured? :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for sharing everything so far, can't say enough good stuff about it.

@mankyle

The navy will probably be done last. Might get a smaller landing craft from crash, and in the rare moments when I find internet access I am on the lookout for larger ships.

Don't worry though, Eddie has a way of getting troops ashore. I wont spill the secret, but I will say its unique. (I fancy myself as the leader of the Royal Marines, so I have to make sure there's a way to get large forces ashore, not just LAVs and Pumas/CH-46s/UH-1Ns.) :)

Offtopic - was it you crash sent the carrier files to (not really PRACS related everybody, no need for a heart attack, my inbox is full so I asked here lol) a while back?

@Mosh - You could help me bury ballistics body when I kill him so I can take his rig. ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

@Lone.Wolf This summer i launched a competition to pick out the future main battle tank for the RACS. I really considered all options available, Abrams 1and2, T90, Chally, LeClerc, and Leo2A6. Nothng is set in stone yet. The competition continues ;)

If I'm not mistaken the British Army is getting rid of a lot of Challies because of current defense budget cuts.

The British government needs money, that's obvious, so seeing the RACS getting Challengers wouldn't be too far off the story.. I guess.

Also there's a Challenger 2 released if I'm not mistaken.

As for the contest, my bid would be either T-90 as the Russians are rather pro-West/Nato these days, unlike they were during Cold War times. Needless to say that one can always fall back on the T-90 as it is already ingame, and from what I've noticed due to the newer T-90 model being build from scratch, is that indeed the vanilla T-90 is an early model. That means the scratch-build T-90A is not only the actual model really spread wide amongst first-line tank units, but also the most numeric one of all T-90's as of yet.

On the other hand, if you really wish to have PRACS go totally customized, with new content being added, I would plea for having an Challenger 1 or 2 being added, as these are excellent combat-proven tanks, worth to sustain alot more hits then the M1A1 and M1A2 tanks did in Iraq, whilst faced with the same enemy weaponry.

Not that the Abrams is a bad choice either, but the M1 is already all over the place, and becomes a boring sight to see. And the T-90 still has it's rocket to fire, unlike the Abrams who hasn't that capability to deal the enemy a dirty quick punch.

So again: T-90 or Challenger if you'd ask me. Choice is ultimately yours, so I do not mind whatever the results will be, so do as you please. :)

Mmm... with those deep pockets, you could go with a couple of choices. I still like the Leo 2A6 with both the Challenger and Leclerc tied for second. Why not have 3 tank units, one unit gets the Leo 2A6, 2nd unit gets the Challenger and 3rd unit gets the Leclerc. Each unit saying their tank is better. Competition would be heavy with each unit wanting to be the Top Dog every year.

I don't know how I missed it but in an earlier post with the helos... did I notice a CH-53D way in the back? If so, :yay:

And with this, you pretty much murdered the RACs. Sigh...

elaborate?

elaborate?

GD Masts posts was practically: "I want a Leopard I and a Leopard II and a Challenger and a T-90 and an Abrams and and and and......." ;):D

GD Masts posts was practically: "I want a Leopard I and a Leopard II and a Challenger and a T-90 and an Abrams and and and and......." ;):D

Well in the current armor pack I have, it has everything you said (except the T-90 and Challenger (and as far as I'm aware, there wont be a PRACS Challenger... Unless wld427 want's it?)), and more...

It's not supposed to be taken as if Sahrani has all those vehicles at once, rather it's to represent Sahrani's military at different points in time. That way it allows you, the user, to choose how well you want Sahrani equipped.

That's sort of the beauty of the "tank competition." Wld just made them all (except the T-90 (so far)) so in the end, it's the users who get to pick what they want.

Edited by Ballistic09

Well, for an island nation they sure spend a lot on their tanks. I'm not familiar with the current equipment of the RACS, but I think having and maintaining anything more modern/advanced/expensive than the M60-2000 is incredibly wasteful. Also, having more types of tanks from different contractors must be a logistical hell.

Edited by Hurby

How about this. With the final release there will be an official TOE. It will be comprised of whatever tank is decided upon (and possibly a few M60s in reserve) and everything else according to wld's & possibly TFLs opinions. Then there will be the mission makers TOE, which is everything else (including the official TOE) so that the user (you) can fit the RACS to your own personal views. (It's also possible I could create a TOE based on Sahrani right after the ArmA 1 war, before modernization had begun)

If you want a Sahrani that has been influenced heavily by the Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact nations/Russia, then you could simply use init lines to give them AKs or whatever, and then use the BMP-2s and T-72s etc. as your primary equipment.

If you want a very heavily US influenced force, then you would stick with things like the M113, M1 Abrams, CH-46*, CH-53*, Humvee, LAV-25, F-15/F-16 etc.

If you want a very heavily European influenced force then stick with the M113**, Pinzgauer, (Forgive me, i forget the name of our trucks) SA330 Puma, Tiger attack helicopter (I think we will go with that, dont take this as written in stone) G3 Rifles, FALs, Leopard tanks, Mirage IIIs & Super Etendards, etc.

(By TOE I mean a document with the official modernized Table of Organization and Equipment of the military of Sahrani. It won't list all of the content, just the modernized force thats decided upon)

* = Some may think that the CH-46 and CH-53 are bad choices, although they actually work quite nicely. The United States is retiring most (not quite all) of their CH-46s and CH-53s to replace them with V-22 Ospreys. (Personally I think whoever decided that should be shot, but the decision makes the possibility of export feasible)

** = Plenty of European countries use the M113 or a variant of it, so its not something that would break the feel.

Going about the mod in this fashion makes it easier for mission makers. If you want to have a Sahrani force that fits into your mission, whether its Cold War Era, 90s, or the 21st Century, all you have to do is use what PRACS provides to create a military that fits both your mission and your views of how that military should be equipped.

I enjoy that you guys are including lots of different equipment for the RACS. There aren't many complete army mods out there yet.

"Table of Organization and Equipment"

Thanks for that. And sorry for asking, I didn´t read the phrase where it was explained because I wasn´t understanding it from the begining. :p

Lovely to see such equipment options,now surely the long wait is even more worthwhile.

Edited by Smurf

And with this, you pretty much murdered the RACs. Sigh...

Gee, guess I shouldn't get into politics trying to please eveybody. I know everybody has a favorite tank. I thought that this would be a great choice to please the masses... guess not. :rolleyes: Just redact my previous post.

Gee, guess I shouldn't get into politics trying to please eveybody. I know everybody has a favorite tank. I thought that this would be a great choice to please the masses... guess not. :rolleyes: Just redact my previous post.

I think in the end you all will be satisfied because the RACS will present as a complete army. If you want to do an old scenario there are t-72s and M60A3s leos etc.... want to do something new use the leo2 or an m1..... Just sit back and enjoy the variety you will have at your disposal....

now if i can ever figure out why my hawk missiles dont show fromt he launcher i would be golden

now if i can ever figure out why my hawk missiles dont show fromt he launcher i would be golden

Hi Eddie

I don't know how you have set the Hawk missiles inthe hawk launcher but I seem to remember from the descriptions of the gy who did the SA-6 Gainful that in land vehicles class or static classes you could use weapon proxies. Maybe is that.

Try adding the Hawk missiles as normal proxies and animate themvia a fired eventhandler

Just a suggestion

I know how frustating is to spend a couple of hours staring at a screen not know why the %&/*& something you want done doesn't work.

it has to be the strangest problem i have ever dealt with. On both my HAWK and Sa-6, i have the proxys set up. They look pretty, show up, dissapear when fired, and reload fromt he ammo truck.

The strange part is the smoke trail leaves the launcher and hits the target but no p3d of the missile is there.

A converted p3d from ArmA1 or OFP ?

As one who supports the questions asked in the Editing sections, I've seen several people waste heaps of time on a model that appeared in Buldozer, but didnt appear ingame.

p3d was corrupt, had to be special exported, then re-imported.

Might be something to look at if you proxy models different from your fly model.

Other config values effect how long its visible for.

@Gnat

Unlikely as the missiles (the very same p3d file) appears fine as proxy (ingame) but disappears when fired. At least it sounds unlikely to me.