Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

Had some issues with the final mission of the newest release. I've encapsulated it in spoiler tags cause I will be talking about plot structure etc.

In the final mission where the Americans need to find the documents that prove they were not involved in the bombing I encountered a game breaking bug. I searched the first city, then the second, and on my way to the third I encountered the informant at the extraction point. I was passing by and he asked me if I had the documents... my character said "No" (because I hadn't finished the final town yet) and then I moved onto the final town. Upon returning (after finding the documents) I attempted to speak with the informant again and this time he was not responsive... I assume it is because I already "pre-triggered" him. I reloaded a save that occured before my approach to the third town, approached the third town whilst avoiding the informant then once I acquired the documents I headed back to him. Everything went fine this time - just sorta a pain to do the final town again since it is pretty heavy with only a 4man squad.

Hope this helps you. Can't wait til the newest updates! This campaign has an awesome story line and cinematic. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys!

About that issue in the last mission - that's quite strange, something must have happened. I actually deliberately planned for the scenario where they player runs into him before finding the documents and then go back to him after-wards. Last time I tested it, it worked okay, so either it's a one-off or I broke something unintentionally. Sorry about that, will look into it.

the campaign is really good so far, the only suggestions would be getting some voice actors, the cutscenes could really use em and it would be nice to flesh out the CDF war before the US arrives (ie more CDF based missions) a bit more if possible, other than that, looking forward to more updates :cool:

Well since this is only a beta release I'm concentrating on finishing all the missions of the campaign before I focus on getting voice actors. Don't worry though, I do plan on scouring the community for some when the time comes. :D

Just finished OP Cobalt; tremendous fun and a great (start to a) story.

Initially, it seemed more like a film trailer than a campaign. Still, I sat through it, got into the campaign proper and had a great time. I can now see the benefits of such a long intro in scene setting & building atmosphere. Hope that this develops further.

Operation Cobalt is clearly the work of an experienced mission maker. Excellent cutscenes and story. I enjoyed it! :)

I would like to be a voice actor for you Zipper ;)

I don't think there are any British shouting "tally ho!" in the campaign. :p

Just played OP Cobalt 0.3

Really well made and nice storytelling etc. Very professional style :)

Lookin forward for the finished version.

I don't think there are any British shouting "tally ho!" in the campaign. :p

Righto! GG old chap :cool:

This was buried a bit down but i just tested it and daumn! This campaign is amazing Zipper! (cobalt). Played it til the first attack and everything from start up til where i am is just superb. Everything is so professionally done. Some voice acting on this and it would be 11 points. Yeah its full 10/10 so far. :)

Good job and thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to more mate. Especially in OA. ;)

I tested the campaign a while ago and it's indeed awesome. The best campaign I've played in A2 so far even as it is now.

Also the best campaign Ive played so far.

Great work! Keep it up :rthumb:

Fantastic campaign Zipper5 :D but when you give us new teasers or new missions ???? :firefoxlover:

Got to make progress on the missions first. ;)

Don't worry, they're coming.

Hi zipper

I just played through Cobalt v 0.3, really good quality and fun campaign thanks.

I really liked the crashed helicopter cutscene intro bit before, very cool, but it seems to be gone now. But all the new missions are great!

By the way can I use your "Apply Field Dressing" script in my mission? Its a very good way of getting around the stupid medics that BIS have made so much worse since OFP days :)

B

Wonderful work with last version of Op. Cobalt, thanks, and that "Apply Field Dressing" script is great, thanks again.

By the way can I use your "Apply Field Dressing" script in my mission? Its a very good way of getting around the stupid medics that BIS have made so much worse since OFP days :)

Glad to see it's purpose has been fulfilled. :p

Sure, go right ahead. It's not just confined to one script file, though. Triggers that are placed in the mission are also involved. You may be able to find a way to get it all into a script file if you want, it's your choice. Feel free to do with it as you please so long as you don't forget to credit. ;)

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. Keeps me going. :D

Work on the campaign is progressing slowly due to my upcoming exams and all, but it's still doing just that - progressing. Hopefully some time in the near future we'll see another release with more missions. I figured I owe you some form of teaser, so here's two pictures taken from one of the new missions. Stay tuned.

promo_13_th.jpg

promo_14_th.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

Hey Zipper I dl'd the campaign and i love it ! :D

But at the Operation Cobalt mission where you have to contract the guy when u got the documents I first found him and he said I shouldnt contact him if I dont have the docs. Now I do have them and I went back to him. But nothing happens.. :(

Really wanna get further pls help :D